Do you smoke pot?

Do you smoke pot???

• Total voters
I smoke pot and have a MML for arthritis pain and insomnia. It's cheaper than Allieve and has fewer side effects. I don't smoke to get high, rarely taking more than a puff or two.

Cheaper and more effective than OTC drugs. New legislation is being tabled in Canada allowing me to grow my own. Got some seeds this week.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I smoke pot and have a MML for arthritis pain and insomnia. It's cheaper than Allieve and has fewer side effects. I don't smoke to get high, rarely taking more than a puff or two.

Cheaper and more effective than OTC drugs. New legislation is being tabled in Canada allowing me to grow my own. Got some seeds this week.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Dragonlady.....the "Niagara Escarpment"?.....do you mean NF Ontario?....

I always said that mescaline turned me into a 10 foot man made of rubber..I could get in back seats without pulling the seat forward..Compared to being straight and always pulling the seat forward...

No.

But were it legal, I would.

i still wouldnt

i have a drink once in a blue moon

I have. It's essentially harmless.

If you drink a bottle of Scotch every day, you have a problem. So it is with pot.

who hasnt done weed --LOL

It's essentially harmless.

i disagree

no drug is "harmless"

Marijuana isn't a drug, it's a plant. A substance only becomes a drug when you isolate only the active ingredients of the plant.

Interestingly enough, when they took marijuana and extracted all the THC, and only the THC out of it and put it in pill form, it produced more anxiety and tension in a person than smoking ever would.

I've never smoked anything and I never will.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You never smoked a brisket?
kfd-howtosmokebrisket-Brisket5_0267-1024x621.jpg

:D :D
Stop that right now! After getting high in novocaine at the dentist I can't chew...

No.

i still wouldnt

If you drink a bottle of Scotch every day, you have a problem. So it is with pot.

i disagree

no drug is "harmless"

It never harmed me, nor anyone I know, save for that one guy who smoked sixteen fat ones per day.

No.

i still wouldnt

i disagree

no drug is "harmless"

Marijuana isn't a drug, it's a plant. A substance only becomes a drug when you isolate only the active ingredients of the plant.

Interestingly enough, when they took marijuana and extracted all the THC, and only the THC out of it and put it in pill form, it produced more anxiety and tension in a person than smoking ever would.

Marijuana isn't a drug

it certainly is that is like saying

opium is just a plant

--LOL

No.

i still wouldnt

i disagree

no drug is "harmless"

It never harmed me, nor anyone I know, save for that one guy who smoked sixteen fat ones per day.

sure depends on how it is used

but the fact remains it is incorrect to call it harmless

No.

i still wouldnt

i disagree

no drug is "harmless"

Well, life causes death.

Shrug.

i still wouldnt

i disagree

no drug is "harmless"

Well, life causes death.

Shrug.

my point is i dont care if it is legal or not

personally i think it should be legal

i just tired of folks saying pot is harmless

it is quite misleading or ignorant to claim it is isnt

i disagree

no drug is "harmless"

Well, life causes death.

Shrug.

Pot is harmless. Smoking is dangerous. Smoking anything is dangerous. If you consume pot other ways, like eating it, it has no negative health side effects.

i disagree

no drug is "harmless"

Well, life causes death.

Shrug.

Pot is harmless. Smoking is dangerous. Smoking anything is dangerous. If you consume pot other ways, like eating it, it has no negative health side effects.

liar any and all drugs are not harmless no matter how consumed

you really should stop living in a bubble

see i dont really care if you lost your mind from dope

that is your business

however you will be corrected when you make false claims about drugs

Is Eating Weed Bad For You? Edibles Can Be Riskier Than Smoking Marijuana Depending On Your Intake

Government health experts warn in a new report that the risks of consuming marijuana-infused edibles like weed brownies and other snacks mustn’t be understated following the suicide last year of a man whose death has been blamed on pot.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Friday that there’s “a potential danger” that comes with consuming marijuana-infused edibles, evidenced by an incident last March in which a 19-year-old man jumped to his death from the fourth-floor balcony of a Denver hotel while high.

Levy Thamba ate an entire marijuana cookie that had been purchased from a licensed and legal pot shop in Colorado, despite the clerk having advised that it be split up and consumed in small portions.

Soon after he began to exhibit what witnesses described as erratic behavior, then, according to the Denver coroner’s report, “The decedent eventually reportedly jumped out of bed, went outside the hotel room and jumped over the balcony railing.”

CDC warns of dangers of marijuana edibles

Unfortunately, the pioneers of using cannabis to ease off alcohol were not aware of the recent research demonstrating marijuana’s harmful impact on the liver. As published in a January 2008 edition of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, San Francisco researchers found that daily cannabis use is strongly associated with moderate to severe liver fibrosis. Fibrosis is scarring of the liver, and is the most prevalent indicator of worsening liver disease.

In light of the damage regular cannabis use can inflict on the liver, Marijuana Maintenance does not appear to be a good choice for those with chronic liver disease. While deciding between the lesser of two evils may point to alcohol as capable of causing more damage more quickly to liver cells than marijuana, neither substance is liver friendly. Making decisions about how to best manage chronic liver disease can be difficult and requires weighing many factors. Even though a handful of doctors may suggest marijuana to help kick a liver-harming drinking habit, keep searching for a better alternative that will help you achieve abstinence without causing additional injury to your liver.

http://www.liversupport.com/medical-marijuana-alcoholism-and-the-liver/

Marijuana may increase the risk of bleeding. Caution is advised in people with bleeding disorders or those taking drugs that may increase the risk of bleeding. Dosing adjustments may be necessary.

Marijuana may affect blood sugar levels. Caution is advised in people with diabetes or blood sugar problems, and in those taking drugs, herbs, or supplements that affect blood sugar. Blood sugar levels may need to be monitored by a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist, and medication adjustments may be necessary.

Marijuana may cause low blood pressure. Caution is advised in people who have blood pressure disorders or those taking drugs or herbs and supplements that lower blood pressure.

Use cautiously in people who have liver disease or those using agents toxic to the liver.

Use cautiously in people who are taking barbiturates, antipyrine, or central nervous system (CNS) depressants.

Marijuana may interfere with the way the body processes certain agents using the liver's cytochrome P450 enzyme system. As a result, the levels of these agents may be increased in the blood and may cause increased effects or potentially serious adverse reactions. People using any medications should check the package insert and speak with a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist, about possible interactions.

Use cautiously in people who are on estrogen therapy.

Use cautiously in people who have immune disorders or those taking agents that may affect the immune system.

Use cautiously in people who are taking p-glycoprotein-regulated drugs.

Use cautiously in people who have a history of drug abuse or addiction. Marijuana may be addictive.

Use cautiously in people who have or are at risk of eye problems. Marijuana may cause eye problems and dry eyes, and it may increase eye pressure.

Use cautiously when consuming foods or supplements that contain cannabis seeds or oil. These products may contain a high level of THC that may trigger a positive drug screen.

Use cautiously in people who are at risk of seizure or those using antiseizure drugs. Marijuana may cause seizures.

Use cautiously in people who have or are at risk of heart disease. Marijuana may cause abnormal heartbeat, disrupted blood flow to organs (kidney, spleen), heart attack, and heart failure.

Use cautiously in people who have learning disabilities or attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Marijuana may cause problems with attention, learning, memory, organization, planning, problem solving, and other brain functions.

Use cautiously in people at risk of skin problems. Marijuana may cause hives, patches in the mouth, and skin itching.

Use cautiously in people with stomach disorders. Marijuana may cause stomach problems such as a bad taste, burning or swelling tongue, diarrhea, dry mouth, increased appetite, indigestion, mouth ulcers, nausea, pain, and vomiting.

Use cautiously in people who have or are at risk of musculoskeletal disorders. Marijuana may cause bone problems, increased risk of side effects linked to musculoskeletal or connective tissue disorders, falls, muscle problems (pain, twitching, or weakness), numbness, recurrence in multiple sclerosis, reduced coordination, restlessness, and speech disorders.

Drowsiness or sedation may occur. Use caution if driving or operating heavy machinery.

Use cautiously in all otherwise healthy people who are not taking any medications. Marijuana may cause disorientation, dizziness, headaches, fatigue, a feeling of intoxication, lightheadedness, and reduced attention.

Use cautiously in people who have or are at risk of ear problems. Marijuana may cause ear problems.

Avoid if allergic or sensitive to cannabinoids or to plants of the Cannabaceae family. Asthma, hives, pinkeye, and runny or stuffy nose have been reported.

Avoid in women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to get pregnant. Marijuana may have serious risks and may cause low birthweight or abnormalities in the baby.

Avoid long-term use in people who have or are at risk of lung problems, such as asthma or byssinosis (a disease caused by breathing dust). Marijuana may cause bronchitis, coughing, lung cysts, phlegm, reduced lung density, and wheezing.

Avoid using cannabis products that have been obtained illegally. These products may contain unknown and possibly harmful ingredients, such as the animal tranquilizer PCP.

Avoid inhaling cannabis, due to increased risks of lung cancer, emphysema (chronic lung disease), and spontaneous pneumothorax (collapsed lung).

Avoid injecting cannabis into the veins. Cannabis sativa may be extremely toxic.

Avoid using in children or adolescents. Marijuana may affect brain development in the young.

Avoid using in people who have or are at risk of mental illness. Marijuana may cause anxiety and psychotic-like symptoms. It may also increase the risk of aggression, bipolar disorder, delusions, depression, hallucinations, lack of energy or motivation, and suicidal thoughts.

Avoid using before driving motorized vehicles. Marijuana may increase the risk of collision, and when combined with alcohol, it may affect alertness and driving performance.

Marijuana may also cause blood rush or dizziness when standing, a burning sensation, cannabis arteritis (reduced blood flow to feet and legs), changes in brain structure, changes in chromosomes, changes in erectile function, changes in quality of life, confusion, detachment from surroundings, difficulty concentrating, dysphoria (feeling unhappy or unwell), euphoria (feeling of happiness or well-being), forgetfulness, hoarseness, increased risk of male cancers, liver problems (damage, disorders, or poisoning), panic, paranoid thinking, problems with bowel movements, psychiatric problems, reduced saliva, reduced sperm production, risky behaviors (unprotected sex), sudden stomach upset, sweating, thirst, throat irritation, urinary tract infection, and weight gain.

Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Avoid using marijuana in women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to get pregnant. Research strongly suggests that marijuana may have serious risks for the child, including abnormalities, cancer, development problems, increased leukemia risk, low birthweight, and reduced attention skills. Cannabis may affect the mother's judgment and ability to care for the child, and it should not be smoked around infants or children. Cannabis may be passed to babies through breast milk.

Portions of this document last updated: Nov. 01, 2013

This evidence-based monograph was prepared by The Natural Standard Research Collaboration

www.naturalstandard.com

Advertisement

Mayo Clinic does not endorse companies or products. Advertising revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.

Advertising & Sponsorship
Mayo Clinic Store
Check out these best-sellers and special offers on books and newsletters from Mayo Clinic.

Marijuana (Cannabis sativa) Safety - Mayo Clinic

Forum List

Back