Zone1 do you have Irish ancestors?

do you have Irish ancestors?

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
i think today is the right day to ask such a question!

i do not have any, but i have other connections to Ireland.

I might have just a smidge of Irish blood, but I have my favorite Irish story.

My 100% Japanese, American born husband sang a beautiful rendition of "Danny Boy", often for an Irish funeral. There was a private joke among his friends about his honorary Irish-ness.

He and I were on a day trip to LaConner WA and stopped at the edge of town, at an antique store. I was a lover of Irish Belleek porcelain at the time and saw a cream & sugar set that I liked, but found too expensive at $125.

We continued into town, to the LaConner Tavern for one of their famous burgers, and decided as we sat at the bar and ate, to play some pull-tabs. The bartender asked which game I wanted to play and there was one called "Luck O' The Irish", so I picked that one, explaining that my husband was Irish, which made her jaw drop a little.

I played it an won $100, and of course I went back to the antique store to buy the Belleek.

I have since sold off my Belleek, lost my husband three years ago, but Erin Go Bragh, everyone!

Yes, also a lot of other different ethnic groups. Alot of Americans do have Irish ancestors due to the great migration from Ireland in the 19th century.

Yes, also a lot of other different ethnic groups. Alot of Americans do have Irish ancestors due to the great migration from Ireland in the 19th century.
Yes, Ireland lost many people then.

i think today is the right day to ask such a question!

i do not have any, but i have other connections to Ireland.
I have an Irish surname but my DNA says I am only 16% Irish. The rest comes from all over Europe.

Forum List

Back