Do you get asked to produce an ID before you're given your ballet?

Do you get asked for your ID to vote?

• Yes

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
The klan appealed to racists of both parties

Oh bullshit, quit fucking lying. Seriously, own up to the history of your shameful party.

Want to know which party the klan appeals to now?

The democrats. They are part of your history - and are into JOOOOO hating, which is all the rage with you dims.

Bullshit.

Racism was a southern institution that knew no political boundaries. Both Southern Democrats and Republicans belonged to the Klan

If you want to take the high road here, show me the Southern Republicans who supported desegregation

I have always been asked. Why isn't Obama suing my state?

Because you are not in a Deep South state. The Deep South is under special rules since they worked so hard to keep blacks from voting way back when.

I have voted for decades in several states and have never once been asked for an ID at the voting booth. I had to prove my citizenship and identity when I registered to vote.

And, gosh, no one has even shown that such recklessness led to illegal aliens swinging elections in over 200 years!

What state do you live in? If I go to the polls and get there before you do, I can say I am you and vote. When you get there, your name will be crossed off the list and you wont get to vote. Sierra Hotel!

In that case you are a criminal who deserves to be prosecuted for voter fraud. Is it worth going to prison to cast an illegal vote out of millions?

Bullshit.

Racism was a southern institution that knew no political boundaries.

You fucking lying sack of shit.

The Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, was aimed more at REPUBLICANS than blacks for the first 30 years of it's existence. One HAD to be a registered Democrat to even join the national order of the KKK until 1968 - WELL after the civil rights act.

Both Southern Democrats and Republicans belonged to the Klan

That is a fucking lie - flat out.

{Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party's Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. }

Ku Klux Klan — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

You are utterly without a shred of integrity.

If you want to take the high road here, show me the Southern Republicans who supported desegregation

If you want to take the high road, quit fucking lying.

Yes. But I use my electric bill instead, since that is one of the acceptable forms of ID.

How does an electric bill prove you are a US citizen? We need voter ID cards where we use birth certificates or naturalization papers to prove our citizenship.

As an Aussie, I have never been asked for ID. We simply give our name and address, and they mark it off, then hand us the ballot form which we then mark ourselves.

Do Americans have to supply their name and address before voting? If so, why the need for ID?

Because you are not in a Deep South state. The Deep South is under special rules since they worked so hard to keep blacks from voting way back when.

I have voted for decades in several states and have never once been asked for an ID at the voting booth. I had to prove my citizenship and identity when I registered to vote.

And, gosh, no one has even shown that such recklessness led to illegal aliens swinging elections in over 200 years!

What state do you live in? If I go to the polls and get there before you do, I can say I am you and vote. When you get there, your name will be crossed off the list and you wont get to vote. Sierra Hotel!

Any evidence this has happened, or is this yet another imaginary fantasy?

Yes. But I use my electric bill instead, since that is one of the acceptable forms of ID.

I suggest that you need more than ONE acceptable form of ID.

You do.My electric bill and vehicle registration are what I use. I never use my driver's license or retired military ID.

List 2 - Acceptable forms of identification without a photograph that bear the name and address of the elector (two required)
Utility bill of the elector that is dated within 90 days of the date of the election. A utility bill may be for electric, gas, water, solid waste, sewer, telephone, cellular phone, or cable television
Bank or credit union statement that is dated within 90 days of the date of the election
Valid Arizona Vehicle Registration
Indian census card
Property tax statement of the elector's residence
Tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification
Arizona vehicle insurance card
Recorder's Certificate
Valid United States federal, state, or local government issued identification, including a voter registration card issued by the County Recorder
Any mailing to the elector marked “Official Election Material”
An identification is "valid" unless it can be determined on its face that it has expired.

Proof of Identification at the Polls

As an Aussie, I have never been asked for ID. We simply give our name and address, and they mark it off, then hand us the ballot form which we then mark ourselves.

Do Americans have to supply their name and address before voting? If so, why the need for ID?

It makes the rubes happy.

Because a wayward black or Hispanic may vote for a democrat.

I was in Australia for 2 weeks last month. It is a lovely country, great food and nice people. I talked politics with a lot of people.

I was in Australia for 2 weeks last month. It is a lovely country, great food and nice people. I talked politics with a lot of people.

Oh come now, you can't be serious? I understand not wanting non citizens to vote, but surely just providing a name and address is enough? I wouldn't object to showing ID, though, if it was requested.

Which state did you visit? I'm in Victoria but will be moving to Queensland in a year or so - fingers crossed.

Seriously guys? Yet another one of my own threads that has derailed so badly I have to disown it.

I answered your question. I have voted for decades, straight Republican ticket (with a single exception), and never once have been ID'd at the voting place. Ever.

And no one ever showed that any election was swung by illegal aliens!

Um no sorry, I am in Northern Lower Michigan, have been asked before, but not always.

No, they have you sign a sign in, state your name, then compare your signature to the one they have on file when you registered to vote. From there they give you your ballot or if the signatures don't look right will ask for ID.

Last edited:

Oh come now, you can't be serious? I understand not wanting non citizens to vote, but surely just providing a name and address is enough? I wouldn't object to showing ID, though, if it was requested.

Which state did you visit? I'm in Victoria but will be moving to Queensland in a year or so - fingers crossed.

We were in Sydney, Cairns, Uluru/Ayers Rock and Melbourne. We did a lot of in=country flying. We climbed the Sydney bridge, visited the Blue Mountains. Saw the 3 sisters, Ayers Rock and Kata Juna, the twelve Apostles, went to the Great Barrier Reef and did the Great Ocean Road.

Seriously guys? Yet another one of my own threads that has derailed so badly I have to disown it.

I answered your question. I have voted for decades, straight Republican ticket (with a single exception), and never once have been ID'd at the voting place. Ever.

And no one ever showed that any election was swung by illegal aliens!

You are free to do as you wish. That is your choice. But all the partisan arguing on such a simple yes or no thread is just stupid.

Forum List

Back