Do you believe a Vote for a Third Party Candidate is a Waste?

Do you believe a Vote for a Third Party Candidate is a Waste?

• Total voters
Yep, you're correct, maybe your wrong...:lol:

Well, do you have any real answers to my last post? ;)

I don't recall a question in your last post....:cuckoo: I voted and answered your first question and now I am through. If you can't see the difference in the two idealogies, that of big government and small government, set forth in the Constitution, then we have nothing else to discuss.

I don't recall a question in your last post....:cuckoo: I voted and answered your first question and now I am through. If you can't see the difference in the two idealogies, that of big government and small government, set forth in the Constitution, then we have nothing else to discuss.

I didn't ask a question, however you could answer it. No reason to get suddenly hostile. If you think the GOP of 2010 represents small government though, man do I have news for you. :rofl:

I didn't ask a question, however you could answer it. No reason to get suddenly hostile. If you think the GOP of 2010 represents small government though, man do I have news for you. :rofl:

Small? No. Hell no.

Smaller than D's running both Executive and Legislative? Oh hell yes.

Yes, it splits the ticket giving the opposition the advantage. I wouldn't want to take the chance in this next election.

The "opposition"? Maybe I'm wrong, but the two parties are not that different from one another. So I'm not sure exactly why you're acting like one party has the answers to our problems.

Yep, you're correct, maybe your wrong...:lol:

That sounds like a double edged sword :lol: They cut twice as deep.

I don't think any vote is wasted. Id love more people to vote their conscience. Id love more people to care about voting.

Well I'm of the opinion that voting for someone you don't want, even if there's somebody else you'd rather have even less, is a wasted vote. I'll always vote for the person I want to win the race and won't vote if there's nobody I want. For example, Ohio's Senate race is a very sad state of affairs. The best candidate, in my opinion, is from the Constitution Party, but he's not great so I probably won't vote in that race.

Often on USMB, I see people on USMB either act or outright state that a vote for a third party candidate is a waste despite the fact they'd be voting for someone they don't like otherwise.

Poll coming, simple yes or no. Feel free to state why you feel that way in a post.

The purpose of a vote is to be cast for the person you want to have the office. Therefore, if that third-party candidate is the person you want to have that office, then your vote is not wasted. Seems to me a vote cast for someone you don't really want, just to be on the winning side, is the wasted one.

i voted yes, but with considerations

until we have comprehensive election reforms that include the requirement that a candidate get 50%+1 to win an election and run-offs if no one does

i would also like to see a "none of the above" option on ALL ballots

I have to say it depends as well.

If it's I liberal third party candidate, it is a principle stand for liberal beliefs...regardless of who wins.

If it's a conservative...it's a wasted vote.

Why wasn't that an poll option?

I also believe in a no confidence option for each race.
If it gets more votes than either candidate they have to do it again with someone else.

Yes, it splits the ticket giving the opposition the advantage. I wouldn't want to take the chance in this next election.

The "opposition"? Maybe I'm wrong, but the two parties are not that different from one another. So I'm not sure exactly why you're acting like one party has the answers to our problems.

One is Blue State and The Other is Red State.

Why do you insist on complicating the issue?:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back