Do only Christians go to heaven?

The new breed of American Christians don't go to heaven. Because they worship greed, racism, violence and not God.

New breed? Matthew 7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

There have always been people who claimed to be Christian, who were not. This is nothing new. It's been around for 2,000 years.

Acts 8:9 Peter is talking to Simon the Sorcerer
When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”
Peter answered: “May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God

Simon in this passage is the modern day Benny Hin.

Nothing new dude. It's been the same for ages. Why do you think Jesus himself said "why do you call me lord lord, and do not do the things I say?".
There is much you can learn about someone from their politics. If you want someone as your leader who attacks women for sport, stiffs people that works for them, would let a baby suffer to get back at a family member, takes credit for other's work, covets his own daughter, and lies just so his minions will hear what they want, then you are no Christian. You just aren't. There is no justification. You are NOT a traditional Christian.
Have you ever noticed the kinds of people God used as champions for the nation of Israel? Just for two, King David was an adulterer and murderer, and Sampson an indiscriminate killer. If you REALLY want to insist on telling Christians for whom they can and cannot vote, you'll end up like the conservative Mennonites, who refused to vote at all because they didn't want to be responsible for any wrong doing from any candidate. Face it, ALL political candidates are flawed, and if you think you're making the case for Christians to vote for Hillary, you're going to fail.

what kind of Deity needs for critters to curry favor?
One that wants them to be in relationship with Him, but will not force them into it.
so what is the problem then ? why all this crucifixion and pay homage and so forth or be in Hell for Eternity..that strikes me as a bit "Psycho"

It seems to me a possible sentence to hell is forcing folks ...

One that wants them to be in relationship with Him, but will not force them into it.

You already admitted that your relationship with God is based on what was written in a book and not on any personal experience or revelation.

You might as well claim a relationship with the pied piper, superman, and the easter bunny and then invite them all over for tea....

don't forget the mad hatter!

First if he is a true believer, and knows the one true G-d, you are not going to snap him out of it, no matter how many millions of posts you make.

Second, that still doesn't explain your preoccupation with the KJV. There are many older texts that say the same thing. Why you seem to be focused on one single translation, that by any measurement is still very accurate, is beyond me.
He can no more "snap me out of it" than a cave dweller could convince someone from the outside to not believe that grass grows in the sunshine.
I'll get you out of that cave.

So explain to me, how did Noah get marsupials from Australia and then back again?
You're in the cave, and blind. Now you're trying to convince me there's no sun. Here's the first step of the Gospel in a nutshell. You're a sinner separated from God and you need a redeemer. Understand that and you're on your way. Miss it, and you miss everything. Arguing over anything else is a distraction.
Jesus already died for my sins on the cross. That bill was paid a long time ago. So you can stop grovelling now.
Unless you accept the gift and repent, it does you no good. You might as well walk into the death chamber past the governor holding your pardon. Here's a clue. Disparaging the Word of God is not an effective way into His favor.
The bible isn't the word of god and you can't prove it to be so. If you can, I'm on board. Can't be any fairer than that.

BTW, I accept Jesus' gift of dying for my sins. Like I said, He's already paid my bill for that.

so what is the problem then ? why all this crucifixion and pay homage and so forth or be in Hell for Eternity..that strikes me as a bit "Psycho"

We did it to ourselves by rebelling against Him. The alternative is for us all to be robots, programmed to obey and unable to decide for ourselves. Would that be preferable?

He can no more "snap me out of it" than a cave dweller could convince someone from the outside to not believe that grass grows in the sunshine.

So explain to me, how did Noah get marsupials from Australia and then back again?
You're in the cave, and blind. Now you're trying to convince me there's no sun. Here's the first step of the Gospel in a nutshell. You're a sinner separated from God and you need a redeemer. Understand that and you're on your way. Miss it, and you miss everything. Arguing over anything else is a distraction.
Jesus already died for my sins on the cross. That bill was paid a long time ago. So you can stop grovelling now.
Unless you accept the gift and repent, it does you no good. You might as well walk into the death chamber past the governor holding your pardon. Here's a clue. Disparaging the Word of God is not an effective way into His favor.
The bible isn't the word of god and you can't prove it to be so. If you can, I'm on board. Can't be any fairer than that.

BTW, I accept Jesus' gift of dying for my sins. Like I said, He's already paid my bill for that.
How can you accept His gift if you reject the Word that tells you about His gift?

You already admitted that your relationship with God is based on what was written in a book and not on any personal experience or revelation.

I did not say that. I said I do not hear voices in my head.

You might as well claim a relationship with the pied piper, superman, and the easter bunny and then invite them all over for tea....

don't forget the mad hatter!
I'll be sure to invite you as well.

How can you accept His gift if you reject the Word that tells you about His gift?
In other words, if you can prove that the bible is the word of god, I'm in, and then my sin debt is already paid.
If you can't prove that the bible is the word of god, then it doesn't really matter what made up shit I want to agree to, does it?

We did it to ourselves by rebelling against Him. The alternative is for us all to be robots, programmed to obey and unable to decide for ourselves. Would that be preferable?
Is it? You tell us. :lmao:

OK we human beings Exist as temporary phenomenons and any Deity worthy of the designation exists in a Matrix of the Eternal and Omnipotence...therefore it seems unjust to inflict Eternal punishment on the temporary phenoms that we are furthermore we are not Omnipotent some of the wrongs we do seem to be about survival ...We are asking for a Summary Judgement Against Eternal Damnation....

In other words, if you can prove that the bible is the word of god, I'm in, and then my sin debt is already paid.
If you can't prove that the bible is the word of god, then it doesn't really matter what made up shit I want to agree to, does it?
IOW, you're willing to believe some things that can't be proven scientifically, but won't believe other things.

OK we human beings Exist as temporary phenomenons and any Deity worthy of the designation exists in a Matrix of the Eternal and Omnipotence...therefore it seems unjust to inflict Eternal punishment on the temporary phenoms that we are furthermore we are not Omnipotent some of the wrongs we do seem to be about survival ...We are asking for a Summary Judgement Against Eternal Damnation....
And your case has no merit because said Diety has provided a means to escape said punishment.

Is it? You tell us. :lmao:
I'm asking you. Would you prefer to be a robot, unable to rebel against God, or would you prefer to have the freedom to rebel?

[
I'm asking you. Would you prefer to be a robot, unable to rebel against God, or would you prefer to have the freedom to rebel?
why is God so "ego invested" on humans not rebelling ... I mean so we rebel so what ? we only have one hundred years to live at most but we are going to be punished eternally ? Haw is that Fair .. I want a lawyer ...this Cosmos is rigged rigged against me

Forum List

Back