Do Dems want to tax the rich into oblivion?

Do Dems want to Tax the rich into Oblivion?

• yes.... Dems want to destroy the wealthy.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • no... they just want to boost the middle class a little.

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
The liberals (not all DEMs) want to get as much as possible out of the rich and upper 'earners' while balancing their need for votes... because they know they get X # of votes with the class warfare rhetoric, keeping a high % of people from even paying income tax, and entitlement gifts, but it is not inherently enough to win every election... so they have to balance their confiscation with rhetoric and guilt

But what good would it do? As far as I'm concerned, The middle and working class need a boost. They need disposable income to keep the economy rolling...that in turn, makes the wealthy more in the way of profits.

As far as taxation is concerned... with the middle and working class struggling so much... it's unfair to put the burden of the debt and deficit on their shoulders. Yes.. I know... families of the income range of $30k and under likely do not pay Federal income tax at all... but these are the people who are most affected by the high cost of living. Plus... they do pay every other tax that everyone else does.

liberals talk the talk but they don't walk the walk. it's just that simple. what they dew is L E E C H off others.

Dems want one thing and one thing only - POWER. They get that POWER by being able to spend massive amounts of taxpayer money- the more the merrier. They use the money to gain more influence by creating dependencies, crony capitalism, granting more power to unions, etc.. That means ever increasing taxes, ever increasing social engineering, ever expanding government.

Well... Obviously I think you're wrong. But hey... at least I know the true mindset of the Conservative members on the board... and it's much as I feared... brainwashed.

Nope. If they tax the rich into oblivion then the only place they can go for taxes is the middle class.

The poor pay no Fed taxes now and won't in the future.

Just curious on how people think...
There always has been a wealthy class in America which included many, many millionaires. But as long as those at the lower income classes were able to live with reasonable comforts and raise their families decently no one paid attention to those who flew in private planes, cruised in private yachts and lived in thirty room mansions and Park Avenue penthouses.

Today the level of wealth in those upper brackets has increased dramatically and excessively while the former middle class is rapidly disappearing along with a significant rise in the impoverished and homeless classes.

The problem is inequitable distribution of our Nation's wealth and it needs to be fixed by adjusting the progressive tax rate to the pre-Reagan levels and restoring the regulations that once prevented the kind of scheming and manipulation which has ruined our economy. The needed reforms will not hurt the rich, many of whom are worth hundreds of millions of dollars and some of them are worth billions. They will still live like royalty. It will just make them a bit less politically powerful.

Those who do not understand how the inequitable distribution came about can receive a valuable education by watching a video called, Inside Job. Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online

It explains what happened, who did it, and how it was done.

I think some of you folks have taken this thing about taxing the wealthy to the extreme. Can any of those claiming that the Dems want to tax the wealthy into oblivion have any sort of proof?
All I have seen/heard is taxing the wealthy at the rates that were in effect prior to GWB's tax cuts. I would bet that very few of you would fall into the category.
BUT, I bet most of you you would have seen your taxes go up under Cain's 9-9-9, Perry's flat tax or Ryan's Blueprint for America! But then, you don't care if you get snookered, you just care if the very wealthy see a 3-4% increase in their taxes. That always amazes me.
The Congressional Dems are wealthy and too greedy to tax themselves into oblivion, it's just that simple.

wonder where we get that shit from? we ain't heard nothing from brock hussein obama since he was elected except class warfare... you reap what you sow sow

But what good would it do? As far as I'm concerned, The middle and working class need a boost. They need disposable income to keep the economy rolling...that in turn, makes the wealthy more in the way of profits.

As far as taxation is concerned... with the middle and working class struggling so much... it's unfair to put the burden of the debt and deficit on their shoulders. Yes.. I know... families of the income range of $30k and under likely do not pay Federal income tax at all... but these are the people who are most affected by the high cost of living. Plus... they do pay every other tax that everyone else does.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Now, if you poke a hole in the boat (the hole is taxes) the boat takes on water. A small hole is manageable. But the larger the hole is, the more time the boat passengers (middle class workers) need to spend bailing water out just to keep the boat afloat. They can't row the boat and bail at the same time....

The far left holds a sincere disdain and envy towards successful people. They embrace a Marxist philosophy that it isn't fair someone else have more than they do and we've seen what that philosophy does. It destroyed the Soviet Union and the once bustling island of Cuba and it dragged out an economic depression to close to a decade here in the U.S.

If you want to live in a nation that values freedom, then you have to accept that with that freedom also comes the freedom to fail. Very, very few people end up in their current circumstances through no fault of their own. Almost every one of us ended up where we are due to the good and bad choices we've made along the road. I have friends who are very successful and I have friends who are just barely scraping by and every single one of them I can go back and tell you what they did in the past that got them where they are today.

If I decide to start my own business and bust my ass over the next several years and eventually reach a point where I am bringing in $5 million a year I deserve every damn penny of that. I don't care if the woman across town with three kids from three different dads can't live without her welfare check. That's her problem that she created for herself and she needs to deal with it. I also understand that the woman next door may have a serious illness and her insurance or Medicare won't cover enough of the costs for her to get the treatment. Yes, that's not her fault, but it also isn't mine.

What people who advocate wealth redistribution want is for those of us who have been responsible to pick up the tab for those who haven't or can't. That may sound compassionate to you, but it's down right theft and there is nothing moral about it. Robin Hood was still a criminal. People who advocate wealth redistribution are essentially telling the recipient class they needn't be responsible for any of their actions or the circumstances they find themselves in because the government will just take the wealth from others and give it to them for their fuck up and this philosophy has created a vicious cycle that repeats generation after generation.

Many wealthy people tend to be incredibly charitable anyway. In fact, Americans as a whole are the most charitable people in the world. I've seen plenty of examples of neighborhoods banning together to help someone in need. They didn't need the government to do it for them. There are also very wealthy people who don't give away anything and you know what? That's their God given right to be stingy whether or not you or I agree with it because that's what it means to live in freedom.

This nation needs to get back to a philosophy of earning your own lot in life because the entitlement mentality is destroying us just like it has Europe.

Forum List

Back