Do Dems want to tax the rich into oblivion?

Do Dems want to Tax the rich into Oblivion?

• yes.... Dems want to destroy the wealthy.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • no... they just want to boost the middle class a little.

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
Nope. If they tax the rich into oblivion then the only place they can go for taxes is the middle class.

The poor pay no Fed taxes now and won't in the future.

47% pay no Federal Income tax.

The bottom HALF of America makes only a little over $30K.... these are people with families living in one of the MOST EXPENSIVE Countries in the world. They get a break on their federal income tax?? Big fuckin' deal....they pay every other tax known to man...but that doesn't matter to you, does it? One stat is all you care about. You'd rather see them be working homeless people that pay their Fed, wouldn't you?

I think some of you folks have taken this thing about taxing the wealthy to the extreme. Can any of those claiming that the Dems want to tax the wealthy into oblivion have any sort of proof?
Has there ever been a moment when the left said the rich should get a tax break?

All I have seen/heard is taxing the wealthy at the rates that were in effect prior to GWB's tax cuts. I would bet that very few of you would fall into the category.
I received a tax cut under GWB. My taxes will go up when GWB's tax cuts expire.

Last edited:
Well... Obviously I think you're wrong. But hey... at least I know the true mindset of the Conservative members on the board... and it's much as I feared... brainwashed.

:lol: Naturally, because it couldn't possibly be you who is the brainwashed one, right? No, clearly anyone who has a different view point from yourself is obviously brainwashed because you could never be mistaken about anything.

You asked the question, so why are you getting defensive?

But what good would it do? As far as I'm concerned, The middle and working class need a boost. They need disposable income to keep the economy rolling...that in turn, makes the wealthy more in the way of profits.

As far as taxation is concerned... with the middle and working class struggling so much... it's unfair to put the burden of the debt and deficit on their shoulders. Yes.. I know... families of the income range of $30k and under likely do not pay Federal income tax at all... but these are the people who are most affected by the high cost of living. Plus... they do pay every other tax that everyone else does.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Now, if you poke a hole in the boat (the hole is taxes) the boat takes on water. A small hole is manageable. But the larger the hole is, the more time the boat passengers (middle class workers) need to spend bailing water out just to keep the boat afloat. They can't row the boat and bail at the same time....

The problem is that our current tax system is only designed to raise the yachts. The yacht owners do not believe in Trickle down economics either...they believe in keeping for themselves and to hell with the country. That was Reagan's mistake...trusting people who shouldn't be trusted. he should have made Trickling Down.... MANDATORY. If Corporations are making More money...then it automatically should be trickled down.

Because make no mistake...without the Working and Middle Class Americans making and buying their shit(or the slave labor Chinese making it and us buying it), they don't HAVE their riches.

That's the problem. Labor has become expendable. Except that, Labor's money is what makes THEM money. They don't live in a vacuum... their decisions affect us all and also the nation. Lowballing Labor is the root cause for all of this mess.

Is that what the democratic voters want? Yes

Is tha that what the democratic politicians want? No, hence the tax cut extension.

But the politicians know what their voters want to hear, so they say it but never actually do it.

Kinda like how you repulican voters buy into your politicians lies about how they're going to slash welfare, and instead they increase it every year.

But what good would it do? As far as I'm concerned, The middle and working class need a boost. They need disposable income to keep the economy rolling.
And so, you natually think that the government should take money from the rich and give it to the middle/working class for this very purpose.

Of course, you never think to consider that the middle/working class have no right to that money - but hey! We need to buy votes!

But what good would it do? As far as I'm concerned, The middle and working class need a boost. They need disposable income to keep the economy rolling...that in turn, makes the wealthy more in the way of profits.

As far as taxation is concerned... with the middle and working class struggling so much... it's unfair to put the burden of the debt and deficit on their shoulders. Yes.. I know... families of the income range of $30k and under likely do not pay Federal income tax at all... but these are the people who are most affected by the high cost of living. Plus... they do pay every other tax that everyone else does.

The far left holds a sincere disdain and envy towards successful people. They embrace a Marxist philosophy that it isn't fair someone else have more than they do and we've seen what that philosophy does. It destroyed the Soviet Union and the once bustling island of Cuba and it dragged out an economic depression to close to a decade here in the U.S.

If you want to live in a nation that values freedom, then you have to accept that with that freedom also comes the freedom to fail. Very, very few people end up in their current circumstances through no fault of their own. Almost every one of us ended up where we are due to the good and bad choices we've made along the road. I have friends who are very successful and I have friends who are just barely scraping by and every single one of them I can go back and tell you what they did in the past that got them where they are today.

If I decide to start my own business and bust my ass over the next several years and eventually reach a point where I am bringing in $5 million a year I deserve every damn penny of that. I don't care if the woman across town with three kids from three different dads can't live without her welfare check. That's her problem that she created for herself and she needs to deal with it. I also understand that the woman next door may have a serious illness and her insurance or Medicare won't cover enough of the costs for her to get the treatment. Yes, that's not her fault, but it also isn't mine.

What people who advocate wealth redistribution want is for those of us who have been responsible to pick up the tab for those who haven't or can't. That may sound compassionate to you, but it's down right theft and there is nothing moral about it. Robin Hood was still a criminal. People who advocate wealth redistribution are essentially telling the recipient class they needn't be responsible for any of their actions or the circumstances they find themselves in because the government will just take the wealth from others and give it to them for their fuck up and this philosophy has created a vicious cycle that repeats generation after generation.

Many wealthy people tend to be incredibly charitable anyway. In fact, Americans as a whole are the most charitable people in the world. I've seen plenty of examples of neighborhoods banning together to help someone in need. They didn't need the government to do it for them. There are also very wealthy people who don't give away anything and you know what? That's their God given right to be stingy whether or not you or I agree with it because that's what it means to live in freedom.

This nation needs to get back to a philosophy of earning your own lot in life because the entitlement mentality is destroying us just like it has Europe.

Bull..... fucking......shit. Grow the fuck up and change the channel.

EDIT: I stopped with "disdain for the wealthy"...once I hear that... I know it's Conservative Propaganda. BTW... congratulations on your success... now pay up!

Last edited:
The bottom HALF of America makes only a little over $30K.... these are people with families living in one of the MOST EXPENSIVE Countries in the world.

And the first question I would ask those parents is why the hell are they bringing kids into the world on a $30k a year salary?

They get a break on their federal income tax?? Big fuckin' deal....they pay every other tax known to man...but that doesn't matter to you, does it?

Yeah, it is a big fucking deal, because they are the ones that will fight to preserve the status quo as it slowly eats us alive. They will be the ones who be rioting in the streets like in Greece when the welfare state collapses.

You know what the best way to get spending under control in this country would be? Move to a flat income tax across the board, no exemptions. Nobody wants to cut Social Security, nobody wants to cut Medicare, nobody wants to cut military spending, nobody wants to cut unemployment, you know why? Because the solution that is always trotted out is to just raise taxes on the wealthy. Well guess what, if we had a flat tax and everyone's income tax rate had to increase by 2 or 3%, suddenly all those people wouldn't be in favor of preserving all these entitlements anymore because suddenly they'd be expected to help foot the bill.

You'd rather see them be working homeless people that pay their Fed, wouldn't you?

And how many working homeless have you invited into your home? Of course, the answer is zero, because just like a typical Marxist you want everyone else to pay for your charitable wishes.

This has been explained to you before.

FactCheck.org : Top 1%: What They Make and Pay

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2...in-federal-income-taxes-than-bottom-95-in-07/

As soon as Dear Leader defines a "fair share", perhaps we can discuss just home much more the 1% needs to pay.

Last edited:
Well... Obviously I think you're wrong. But hey... at least I know the true mindset of the Conservative members on the board... and it's much as I feared... brainwashed.

:lol: Naturally, because it couldn't possibly be you who is the brainwashed one, right? No, clearly anyone who has a different view point from yourself is obviously brainwashed because you could never be mistaken about anything.

I'm not... You are. You are the ones that spew right wing propaganda like it was gospel... you've heard that Obama is (insert bullshit derogatory shit here)...and run like a kid with scissors with it. All I hear is that the Left wants everyone to be equal...and I have NEVER...not ONCE heard anyone say that. I have heard that the left HATES successful people... not ONCE have I heard anything like that coming from the left.

I don't HATE anyone... I don't want to see the wealthy not be wealthy anymore....the only thing I want is for people who CONTRIBUTE to society on a full time basis be able to afford to live in their own country...NO MATTER WHAT THEIR JOB IS.

The far left holds a sincere disdain and envy towards successful people. They embrace a Marxist philosophy that it isn't fair someone else have more than they do and we've seen what that philosophy does. It destroyed the Soviet Union and the once bustling island of Cuba and it dragged out an economic depression to close to a decade here in the U.S.

If you want to live in a nation that values freedom, then you have to accept that with that freedom also comes the freedom to fail. Very, very few people end up in their current circumstances through no fault of their own. Almost every one of us ended up where we are due to the good and bad choices we've made along the road. I have friends who are very successful and I have friends who are just barely scraping by and every single one of them I can go back and tell you what they did in the past that got them where they are today.

If I decide to start my own business and bust my ass over the next several years and eventually reach a point where I am bringing in $5 million a year I deserve every damn penny of that. I don't care if the woman across town with three kids from three different dads can't live without her welfare check. That's her problem that she created for herself and she needs to deal with it. I also understand that the woman next door may have a serious illness and her insurance or Medicare won't cover enough of the costs for her to get the treatment. Yes, that's not her fault, but it also isn't mine.

What people who advocate wealth redistribution want is for those of us who have been responsible to pick up the tab for those who haven't or can't. That may sound compassionate to you, but it's down right theft and there is nothing moral about it. Robin Hood was still a criminal. People who advocate wealth redistribution are essentially telling the recipient class they needn't be responsible for any of their actions or the circumstances they find themselves in because the government will just take the wealth from others and give it to them for their fuck up and this philosophy has created a vicious cycle that repeats generation after generation.

Many wealthy people tend to be incredibly charitable anyway. In fact, Americans as a whole are the most charitable people in the world. I've seen plenty of examples of neighborhoods banning together to help someone in need. They didn't need the government to do it for them. There are also very wealthy people who don't give away anything and you know what? That's their God given right to be stingy whether or not you or I agree with it because that's what it means to live in freedom.

This nation needs to get back to a philosophy of earning your own lot in life because the entitlement mentality is destroying us just like it has Europe.

EDIT: I stopped with "disdain for the wealthy"...once I hear that... I know it's Conservative Propaganda. BTW... congratulations on your success... now pay up!

I didn't expect you come up with any kind of intelligent response because you aren't intellectual enough to be having this conversation in the first place. You're an overly emotional child, like most people who think the way you do. When confronted by people who actually live in the real world you're going to lose every single time. Therefore, I'll take your response as having admitted defeat and I'll add that to my list of accomplishments for today.

But what good would it do? As far as I'm concerned, The middle and working class need a boost. They need disposable income to keep the economy rolling.
And so, you natually think that the government should take money from the rich and give it to the middle/working class for this very purpose.

Of course, you never think to consider that the middle/working class have no right to that money - but hey! We need to buy votes!

No we need a country where more people can afford to buy the shit you make or the services you offer.

If they taxed the wealthy into oblivion, Congressional Dems would be taxing themselves into oblivion.

No, they know how to shelter all of their money. Just ask John Kerry and the Kennedys.

Just like all wealthy people, who have the ability to shelter money that 80% of Americans don't have.
I think this article written by Tom Coburn says it all:
End welfare for the wealthy
<snip>
"Every year, politicians on both sides engage in a process of reverse Robin Hood in which they steal $30 billion from low- and middle-income Americans and provide handouts to the rich and famous
Millionaires receive tax earmarks and deductions crafted by both parties that allow them to write off billions each year. These write-offs include mortgage interest deductions on second homes and luxury yachts, gambling losses, business expenses, electric vehicle credits and even child care tax credits.
Meanwhile, direct handouts for millionaires have included $74 million in unemployment checks, $316 million in farm subsidies, $89 million for preservation of ranches and estates, $9 billion in retirement checks and $7.5 million to compensate for damages caused by emergencies to property that should have been insured. Millionaires have even borrowed $16 million in government-backed education loans to attend college since 2007."
End welfare for the wealthy - CNN.com

Coburn's report: http://coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=bb1c90bc-660c-477e-91e6-91c970fbee1f

No we need a country where more people can afford to buy the shit you make or the services you offer.

Of course, you never think to consider that the middle/working class have no right to that money.

The rich have never had it so good! They've received "tax cuts" for over 3 decades, on the premise that they would reinvest it and create US jobs. The "cuts" came from reduced government revenues and largely financed using "borrowed" money!

Instead of benefiting the American "middle class," these "tax cuts" coincided with its demise - leading many to the conclusion that any "investing" in jobs that the "tax cuts" that was done to stimulate the economy, took place "offshore," beyond US borders.

Strangely enough, government provided unconditional "tax cuts" with no strings attached, leaving America's wealthy with a moral, but not a legal obligation, to use this windfall to "reinvest" in American jobs.

The average American taxpayer is now confronted with the worst of both worlds - shouldering a massive debt that resulted from "tax cuts" that only benefitted a select few AND a federal government that has lost its capacity to "jumpstart" the economy.

Last edited:

I'm not... You are. .

Like I said, you're nothing but a child and a hypocrite. You have neither the intelligence nor the experience to have any business having this conversation with anyone and I am far too smart to waste any more of my time on someone with the likes of you. I'm sure other readers here have learned something, so it wasn't a total waste on my part.

I'm not... You are.
I stopped reading after this little gem of pre-pubescent playground behavior.
When you start a response the way you did... It really doesn't matter what follows...

Last edited:

I didn't expect you come up with any kind of intelligent response because you aren't intellectual enough to be having this conversation in the first place. You're an overly emotional child, like most people who think the way you do. When confronted by people who actually live in the real world you're going to lose every single time. Therefore, I'll take your response as having admitted defeat and I'll add that to my list of accomplishments for today.

Really... when you start a response the way you did... It really doesn't matter what follows...does it? How about if I started my responses with... it's well known that Corporatists think the working class are just serfs for their amusement and Profiteering... I bet that would just make you want to respond in a positive, fruitful discussion, wouldn't it?

Of course... no one who owns a business profiteers(that is take advantage of consumers) or rips people off, pays their employees like shit and makes them pay for their own health insurance... At least not you(on a public forum anyway).

Forum List

Back