Do Dems want to tax the rich into oblivion?

Do Dems want to Tax the rich into Oblivion?

• yes.... Dems want to destroy the wealthy.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • no... they just want to boost the middle class a little.

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
But what good would it do? As far as I'm concerned, The middle and working class need a boost. They need disposable income to keep the economy rolling.
And so, you natually think that the government should take money from the rich and give it to the middle/working class for this very purpose.

Of course, you never think to consider that the middle/working class have no right to that money - but hey! We need to buy votes!

No we need a country where more people can afford to buy the shit you make or the services you offer.

That is not on the country.. that is on the individual... it is up to our country to ensure all have the freedom to succeed or fail all on their own accord... nothing more

:lol: Naturally, because it couldn't possibly be you who is the brainwashed one, right? No, clearly anyone who has a different view point from yourself is obviously brainwashed because you could never be mistaken about anything.

You asked the question, so why are you getting defensive?

I'm not... You are. .

Like I said, you're nothing but a child and a hypocrite. You have neither the intelligence nor the experience to have any business having this conversation with anyone and I am far too smart to waste any more of my time on someone with the likes of you. I'm sure other readers here have learned something, so it wasn't a total waste on my part.

I see... when you can't argue... attack... that's what "intelligent and experienced assholes" do.

Nope. If they tax the rich into oblivion then the only place they can go for taxes is the middle class.

The poor pay no Fed taxes now and won't in the future.

47% pay no Federal Income tax.

Including yourself.

If you hate the 47% so much, you can feel free to stop being one of them and start sending in money.

Looks like we all learned something new today. RDD is Willow's tax accountant.

Really... when you start a response the way you did... It really doesn't matter what follows...does it? How about if I started my responses with..
But when you respond with...
Bull..... fucking......shit. Grow the fuck up and change the channel.
... you expect people to take you seriously?

:badgrin: :lol:

Exactly. He's too damn stupid to realize what he's doing.

:dig:

The liberals (not all DEMs) want to get as much as possible out of the rich and upper 'earners' while balancing their need for votes... because they know they get X # of votes with the class warfare rhetoric, keeping a high % of people from even paying income tax, and entitlement gifts, but it is not inherently enough to win every election... so they have to balance their confiscation with rhetoric and guilt...

....or the Dems have become the real party of fiscal responsibility. :D

And so, you natually think that the government should take money from the rich and give it to the middle/working class for this very purpose.

Of course, you never think to consider that the middle/working class have no right to that money - but hey! We need to buy votes!
No we need a country where more people can afford to buy the shit you make or the services you offer.

Of course, you never think to consider that the middle/working class have no right to that money.

well it's painfully obvious that the wealthy aren't doing it voluntarily through healthy wages and benefits... No... they'd rather extract the wealth from the working and middle class by lowballing their wages, outsourcing the work that Americans used to do....and never reduce prices to reflect their savings in costs.... Fuck America... I'm rich...that's the sentiment of the wealthy. Let them eat cake.

Of course, you never think to consider that the middle/working class have no right to that money.

well it's painfully obvious that the wealthy aren't doing it voluntarily through healthy wages and benefits... No... they'd rather extract the wealth from the working and middle class by lowballing their wages, outsourcing the work that Americans used to do....and never reduce prices to reflect their savings in costs.... Fuck America... I'm rich...that's the sentiment of the wealthy. Let them eat cake.

Hmmm... but if government forces ideals YOU don't like, you scream about it

It is not up to the government to force charity

Just curious on how people think...

They simply use an intellectually lazy argument like class-warfare because it works on their target, the poor and those who are dependent on the government.

So Democrats have no incentive to improve the economy. An improved economy takes away our worries, which will let us relax and not worry about our futures.

They want us to worry. Be scared about our futures. They want us to be cash-strapped and thus more liable to want what they promise..........the promise of government funded security.

Dems want one thing and one thing only - POWER. They get that POWER by being able to spend massive amounts of taxpayer money- the more the merrier. They use the money to gain more influence by creating dependencies, crony capitalism, granting more power to unions, etc.. That means ever increasing taxes, ever increasing social engineering, ever expanding government.
Can "Zander" support thes assertions by naming one Democratic president from the end of WW2 (1945) to 2009 that has increased the federal debt/GDP ratio?

Roosevelt/Truman (1945–1949) -24.4%

Harry Truman (1949–1953) -21.7%

Kennedy/Johnson (1961-1965) -8.3%

Johnson (1965-1969) -8.3%

Carter (1977-1981) -3.3% (Carter left office with the federal debt/GDP ratio at 32.5% - the lowest since 1945.)

Clinton (1993-1997) -0.7%

Clinton (1997-2001) -9.0%

Under Ronald Reagan (+20.6%), GHW Bush (+13.0) and GW Bush Administrations (+27.8%), the federal debt/GDP ratio increased by a total of 61.4% - largely as a result of "tax cuts"using borrowed money.

When GW Bush left office in 2009, the incoming president was confronted with a federal debt/GDP of 84.2% and an economy in shatters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

Last edited:

Hmmm... but if government forces ideals YOU don't like, you scream about it

It is not up to the government to force charity

So... in your eyes... it's OK that a Majority of our citizens can barely survive? BTW... it's not charity when People are Contributing to society.

Welfare?... you may or may not have a point...You have to remember... The Developmentally Disabled use welfare and cannot work....The mentally Ill....the Horribly physically handicapped.... To me, they need those services, as do normal people on a temporary basis. That's different... I believe in welfare reform in regards to normal people who have fallen on rough times and it most certainly shouldn't be a permanent way of life.

Just curious on how people think...

They simply use an intellectually lazy argument like class-warfare because it works on their target, the poor and those who are dependent on the government.

So Democrats have no incentive to improve the economy. An improved economy takes away our worries, which will let us relax and not worry about our futures.

They want us to worry. Be scared about our futures. They want us to be cash-strapped and thus more liable to want what they promise..........the promise of government funded security.

Well, then you should support real wages and real jobs instead of "rich people should be able to do whatever...even if it's detrimental to the country and it's citizens".

But what good would it do? As far as I'm concerned, The middle and working class need a boost. They need disposable income to keep the economy rolling...that in turn, makes the wealthy more in the way of profits.

As far as taxation is concerned... with the middle and working class struggling so much... it's unfair to put the burden of the debt and deficit on their shoulders. Yes.. I know... families of the income range of $30k and under likely do not pay Federal income tax at all... but these are the people who are most affected by the high cost of living. Plus... they do pay every other tax that everyone else does.

This has been explained to you before.

FactCheck.org : Top 1%: What They Make and Pay

Top 1% Paid More in Federal Income Taxes Than Bottom 95% in '07 - NYTimes.com

As soon as Dear Leader defines a "fair share", perhaps we can discuss just home much more the 1% needs to pay.

I know you don't want to be bothered with messy old facts and figures and what not, but I'd like to hear your idea of a fair share based on the facts......since Obama won't or can't define it. Fair share is a class warfare term.

Depends on where oblivion is? Is it next to fair share? (repost)

Why do conservatives, republicans and libertarians find it necessary to come to the aid of the well to do? You know money has power when it can change a nation that considers itself Christian into a nation that worships money and defends money. It would be like the Sermon on the mount in which only the rich were invited, and instead of fish, given caviar. It sure as hell is the oddest phenomena of modern America. Mount Rushmore needs Walton, Buffett, and Gates. Let me tell you folks they don't need your sympathy and good wishes. And the uber-wealthy, of whom I personally know a few, don't need your love either. They're OK without you coming to their aid. The ones who need help were in that original sermon and that old time religion which was really what religion was about. Where'd religion go in America? Oh sorry, I forgot it was reversed and now gawd is my rich friends, jeez, they ain't very gawd like.

Below is a breakdown on how to help the country and the world. Take note and please stop defending the wealthy you'll make them feel guilty. Oh and please note they don't think of you in spite of your well wishes. Life is too nice. LOL

What Should a Billionaire Give – and What Should You?, by Peter Singer

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned."UBI and the Flat Tax

As far as the super rich, they only make those enormous sums because of the state, so they are only morally entitled to an enormous sum, but not an absurd sum. The Conservative Nanny State

But what good would it do? As far as I'm concerned, The middle and working class need a boost. They need disposable income to keep the economy rolling...that in turn, makes the wealthy more in the way of profits.

As far as taxation is concerned... with the middle and working class struggling so much... it's unfair to put the burden of the debt and deficit on their shoulders. Yes.. I know... families of the income range of $30k and under likely do not pay Federal income tax at all... but these are the people who are most affected by the high cost of living. Plus... they do pay every other tax that everyone else does.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Now, if you poke a hole in the boat (the hole is taxes) the boat takes on water. A small hole is manageable. But the larger the hole is, the more time the boat passengers (middle class workers) need to spend bailing water out just to keep the boat afloat. They can't row the boat and bail at the same time....

The problem is that our current tax system is only designed to raise the yachts. The yacht owners do not believe in Trickle down economics either...they believe in keeping for themselves and to hell with the country. That was Reagan's mistake...trusting people who shouldn't be trusted. he should have made Trickling Down.... MANDATORY. If Corporations are making More money...then it automatically should be trickled down.

Because make no mistake...without the Working and Middle Class Americans making and buying their shit(or the slave labor Chinese making it and us buying it), they don't HAVE their riches.

That's the problem. Labor has become expendable. Except that, Labor's money is what makes THEM money. They don't live in a vacuum... their decisions affect us all and also the nation. Lowballing Labor is the root cause for all of this mess.
You're right with what I believe to be one glaring error -- that Reagan's (Milton Friedman's) trickle down was a "mistake." That was no mistake. Reagan was doing exactly what his corporate sponsors directed him to do.

Ronald Reagan was the man from General Electric and the phony sonofabitch was responsible for putting this Nation on a downward slide toward fascism. "Trickle down" really means siphon up, which is what we've been seeing ever since that professional fake was elected to Office.

In my opinion it's too bad Hinckley could only afford a .22.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Now, if you poke a hole in the boat (the hole is taxes) the boat takes on water. A small hole is manageable. But the larger the hole is, the more time the boat passengers (middle class workers) need to spend bailing water out just to keep the boat afloat. They can't row the boat and bail at the same time....

The problem is that our current tax system is only designed to raise the yachts. The yacht owners do not believe in Trickle down economics either...they believe in keeping for themselves and to hell with the country. That was Reagan's mistake...trusting people who shouldn't be trusted. he should have made Trickling Down.... MANDATORY. If Corporations are making More money...then it automatically should be trickled down.

Because make no mistake...without the Working and Middle Class Americans making and buying their shit(or the slave labor Chinese making it and us buying it), they don't HAVE their riches.

That's the problem. Labor has become expendable. Except that, Labor's money is what makes THEM money. They don't live in a vacuum... their decisions affect us all and also the nation. Lowballing Labor is the root cause for all of this mess.
You're right with what I believe to be one glaring error -- that Reagan's (Milton Friedman's) trickle down was a "mistake." That was no mistake. Reagan was doing exactly what his corporate sponsors directed him to do.

Ronald Reagan was the man from General Electric and the phony sonofabitch was responsible for putting this Nation on a downward slide toward fascism. "Trickle down" really means siphon up, which is what we've been seeing ever since that professional fake was elected to Office.

In my opinion it's too bad Hinckley could only afford a .22.

You are a disgusting, despicable person. Seriously. :mad:

You are a disgusting, despicable person. Seriously. :mad:
And you are a weak-minded, easily bamboozled, hero-worshipping nitwit.

Your hero, Ronald Reagan's tax and de-regulation policies, along with his devastatingly counterproductive War on Drugs, has done more damage to this Nation than Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda ever did or ever could. But you are too goddam stupid to understand that.

Ronald Reagan was a corporate puppet who was able to put this Nation on the road to ruin because of myopic, flag-waving jerks like you.

Forum List

Back