Do any of you Dems want to see the Burisma Biden’s investigated?

Already did. He lied about what Biden said. You did too. You just can’t bring yourself to admit it.
So why then did he insist that the prosecutor be fired before the billion dollars was given? When did the prosecution take place? What was the outcome?

He insisted the prosecutor be fired because he wasn’t prosecuting corruption.

what corruption wasnt he prosecuting???
Anyone really. More specifically, his own dirty prosecutors who were found with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of diamonds that they extorted from a jeweler.
so you dont have anything,,,figures,,,
I don’t have anything?

Two of his prosecutors were found with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of diamonds extorted from a jeweler. Shokin shut down any investigation into them. He fired any prosecutor looking into it. The diamonds went “missing”. The prosecutors were never charged. The jeweler was shot dead last year.

That’s something.

So why then did he insist that the prosecutor be fired before the billion dollars was given? When did the prosecution take place? What was the outcome?

Anyone really. More specifically, his own dirty prosecutors who were found with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of diamonds that they extorted from a jeweler.
I don’t have anything?

Two of his prosecutors were found with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of diamonds extorted from a jeweler. Shokin shut down any investigation into them. He fired any prosecutor looking into it. The diamonds went “missing”. The prosecutors were never charged. The jeweler was shot dead last year.

That’s something.

still nothing,,,got a link or something of substance??

I don’t have anything?

That’s something.

Let me get this straight. You think that prosecutors found with hundreds of thousands of diamonds is “nothing”?

Release of ‘Diamond Prosecutor’ shows fatal flaws of law enforcement - Jul. 31, 2015

Really what you should do is read as much of George Kent’s testimony as you can. He explains it clearly.

It’s not there. You lied.
you need to understand english. go get someone to translate for you.

Saying a prosecutor was fired is not the same as he stopped a prosecution.

In English, prosecutor and prosecution are different words with different meanings.

You lied.
can a fired prosecutor continue prosecutions? again, I get it, it's in english, and you have issues with the language.

If a prosecutor was not prosecuting and is fired- is that stopping his prosecutions?

Trump lied. You lie to protect your Dear Leader.

We get it.
what else does a prosecutor do other than prosecute? so you're saying there wasn't corruption in Ukraine? the most corrupt fking country on the planet? dude, go back to school and learn yourself something.

Then explain why he needed to be fired. You just walked into your own dung.

Sigh. I really can't help you gullible ignorant Trumpsters. I can point you to the truth- but you no longer believe any 'truth' other than what your Dear Leader tells you.

Prosecutors don't always prosecute- and that is why the U.S, and the EU, and Ukrainians all wanted to get rid of Shokin
What really happened when Biden forced out Ukraine's top prosecutor

But sources ranging from former Obama administration officials to an anti-corruption advocate in Ukraine say the official, Viktor Shokin, was ousted for the opposite reason Trump and his allies claim.

It wasn't because Shokin was investigating a natural gas company tied to Biden's son; it was because Shokin wasn't pursuing corruption among the country's politicians, according to a Ukrainian official and four former American officials who specialized in Ukraine and Europe.

Shokin's inaction prompted international calls for his ouster and ultimately resulted in his removal by Ukraine's parliament.

Without pressure from Joe Biden, European diplomats, the International Monetary Fund and other international organizations, Shokin would not have been fired, said Daria Kaleniuk, co-founder and executive director of the Anti Corruption Action Centre in Kiev.

"Civil society organizations in Ukraine were pressing for his resignation," Kaleniuk said, "but no one would have cared if there had not been voices from outside this country calling on him to go."

Burisma Holdings was not under scrutiny at the time Joe Biden called for Shokin's ouster, according to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, an independent agency set up in 2014 that has worked closely with the FBI.

Shokin's office had investigated Burisma, but the probe focused on a period before Hunter Biden joined the company, according to the anti-corruption bureau.

The investigation dealt with the Ministry of Ecology, which allegedly granted special permits to Burisma between 2010 and 2012, the agency said. Hunter Biden did not join the company until 2014.

"A big part of our diplomacy was pushing the Ukrainian government to clean up the corruption, partly because it was that corruption that allowed Russia to manipulate the country politically and economically," said Charlie Kupchan, who served as a special assistant to President Barack Obama and a senior director for European Affairs on the National Security Council.

Biden used U.S. aid as "a stick to move Ukraine forward," Kupchan said. "He was acting alongside our European allies. Everybody was of a single mind that this prosecutor was not the right guy for the job."

The international effort to remove Shokin, who became prosecutor general in February 2015, began months before Biden stepped into the spotlight, said Mike Carpenter, who served as a foreign policy adviser to Biden and a deputy assistant secretary of defense, with a focus on Ukraine, Russia, Eurasia, the Balkans, and conventional arms control.

As European and U.S. officials pressed Ukraine to clean up Ukraine's corruption, they focused on Shokin's leadership of the Prosecutor General's Office.

"Shokin played the role of protecting the vested interest in the Ukrainian system," said Carpenter, who traveled with Biden to Ukraine in 2015. "He never went after any corrupt individuals at all, never prosecuted any high-profile cases of corruption."

I don’t have anything?

That’s something.

Let me get this straight. You think that prosecutors found with hundreds of thousands of diamonds is “nothing”?

Release of ‘Diamond Prosecutor’ shows fatal flaws of law enforcement - Jul. 31, 2015

Really what you should do is read as much of George Kent’s testimony as you can. He explains it clearly.
sorry but I dont see where shokin was fired or prosecuted for this,,,of course it seems dirty but still no charges against him,,,

in otherwords a nothing burger,,,

Saying a prosecutor was fired is not the same as he stopped a prosecution.

In English, prosecutor and prosecution are different words with different meanings.

You lied.
can a fired prosecutor continue prosecutions? again, I get it, it's in english, and you have issues with the language.

One, that assumes a prosecution existed. It didn’t. Two, yes, a prosecution can continue if the prosecutor is fired. Prosecutors change out of cases from time to time. Three, Biden never bragged about having a prosecution stopped.

You lie.
it didn't, how the fk do you know? son, that's just childish by your own standards.

A prosecution starts with an indictment. There was no indictment.

You lie.
you have no fking idea how ukraine does their work. fk man, you sank.

LOL coming from you- that is hilarious.

The fact is that Biden never bragged about stopping any prosecution.

Trump claimed that he had.

Trump lied.

You cheer on Trump's lies.

I don’t have anything?

That’s something.

sorry but I dont see where shokin was fired or prosecuted for this,,,of course it seems dirty but still no charges against him,,,

Why don’t you see where he was fired for it? Have you looked into it at all?

I don’t have anything?

That’s something.

You just keep telling yourself this to help you feel better for rationalizing Trump's lies and his attempts to have Ukraine interfere in our election.

This is about what the murderer said. Trump very clearly said that Biden said something which he didn’t say. If Biden has said he stopped a prosecution it would be an admission that a prosecution even existed and would be quite incriminating. Biden didn’t do so.

I know it sounds like semantics but has a big impact. It changes Biden’s statement completely.

This is why you can’t just substitute your interpretation for what Biden said. It’s just an interpretation.
here's what you're arguing the parrot is dead.

Trump lied. Y’all are so committed to him that you can’t bring yourself to face reality.

trump lied when? post the lie.

A few of my favorites:
Windmills cause cancer.
The wheel was invented by an American.
He never met (insert name) when clearly he did.
The economy is the best it's ever been in -- we have never had an economy like this in history.
I’m a stable genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a stable genius.[/I]
This is factually correct.

Thats all I needed to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, since you’re so against .gov corruption and all....I’d think you’d want to see them probed pretty heavily just to be sure there’s no fire where there’s mass amounts of smoke....right?

I am a non-dem leftist and yes I want to see an investigation. They should be investigated. Kushner should be investigated and Donald Jr., as well.

For what? The hell of it?

Sure just for the hell of it. Who knows. They might have some unpaid library charges or something more juicy.

I don’t have anything?

That’s something.

You just keep telling yourself this to help you feel better for rationalizing Trump's lies and his attempts to have Ukraine interfere in our election.
but it wasnt for the election due to the fact trump was looking into it more than a year before biden started running for office,,

nice try though,,,

You know, since you’re so against .gov corruption and all....I’d think you’d want to see them probed pretty heavily just to be sure there’s no fire where there’s mass amounts of smoke....right?

I am a non-dem leftist and yes I want to see an investigation. They should be investigated. Kushner should be investigated and Donald Jr., as well.

For what? The hell of it?

Sure just for the hell of it. Who knows. They might have some unpaid library charges or something more juicy.
Latvian government says it flagged ‘suspicious’ Hunter Biden payments in 2016 | John Solomon Reports

Trump needs permission to investigate?

He has the FBI, CIA, NSA and he has to ask Ukraine to look into it?

I know I don't care. After impeachment is over, lobby your congressman. Have at it.

I think it is pretty clear that Schiff, Nadler and Pelosi understand the role of the House when it comes to impeachment since Trump is now only the third President in history to be impeached.
Yeah, by ONE party. Not one member of the other party. In fact, the only bipartisanship was to NOT impeach. Under these circumstances it means nothing more than the Dem party trying to deny the American people the President THEY CHOSE because it wasn't one of THEIRS. We'll see how that plays out in November.

The President was impeached by the majority of House members as per the Constitution.

Not a single impeachment in Presidential history has been 'bipartisan'- getting 1 or 2 votes from the other party doesn't suddenly make a vote 'bi-partisan'- otherwise you would be talking about the 'bi-partisan' vote that prevented the elimination of the ACA because Senator McCain voted against killing it.
sure it does, you should look up the word.

bipartisan, of both parties. doesn't say one, two, ten, thirty. you're confuse as usual.

Glad to do so
Here is the definition of 'Bi-partisan'
Definition of bipartisan

: of, relating to, or involving members of two partiesa bipartisan commission specifically : marked by or involving cooperation, agreement, and compromise between two major political parties

So lets look at the Bi-Partisan nature of the previous impeachments- shall we?

On December 11, 1998, the House Judiciary Committee agreed to send three articles of impeachment to the full House for consideration. The vote on two articles, grand jury perjury and obstruction of justice, was 21–17, both along party lines. On the third, perjury in the Paula Jones case, the committee voted 20–18, with Republican Lindsey Graham joining with Democrats, in order to give President Clinton "the legal benefit of the doubt".[24] The next day, December 12, the committee agreed to send a fourth and final article, for abuse of power, to the full House by a 21–17 vote, again, along party lines.[25

First article
(perjury / grand jury)
Party Total votes[26]
Democratic
Republican Independent
Yea
14px-Black_check.svg.png
5 223 0 228
Nay 200 5 1 206
Second article
(perjury / Jones case)
Party Total votes[28]
Democratic
Republican Independent
Yea 5 200 0 205
Nay
14px-Black_check.svg.png
200 28 1 229
Third article
(obstruction of justice)
Party Total votes[27]
Democratic
Republican Independent
Yea
14px-Black_check.svg.png
5 216 0 221
Nay 199 12 1 212
Fourth article
(abuse of power)
Party Total votes[29]
Democratic
Republican Independent
Yea 1 147 0 148
Nay
14px-Black_check.svg.png
203 81 1 285

So out of 451 votes- 5 Democrats voted yes. About 1% of the votes, About 2% of the Democrats.
Where was the cooperation, agreement or compromise?

I want to see the corrupt Bidens in prison along with all the other corrupt politicians and their friends and families who have been scamming money. A common citizen would have been arrested for this shit, politicians are not above the law.

I want to see all of the corrupt politicians and their friends and families prosecuted too- I am sure you look forward to the Trump's being arrested for doing the shit that they are doing.

The word prosecution never came out of Biden’s mouth in that video. True or false?

it didnt need to,,the act of having him fired did it for him,,,

actions speak louder than words,,

That’s your opinion. Not a fact.

You cannot factually claim that Biden bragged about stopping the prosecution as Trump did. Trump lied.
did biden ask to have the prosecutor fired, yes or no? come on big guy step out

Biden echoed the calls of EU, IMF, State Dept and many GOP Politicians in calling for him to be removed.

Shokin was investigating Burisma and it is very hard to know if Burisma was guilty or Shokin was just shaking them down for a bribe. Shokin had a history of this and was highly corrupt, he was shaking down anyone who didn't pay and a few who did.

I am willing to open all this up for investigation, If Trump would allow his dealing the same transparency... GOP are having none of it, I would suggest that this is a conspiracy theory to give there base something to hang on too.
did you listen to the video? he never mentions either. so you're factually incorrect. damn huh?

BTW, trump released the transcript of the call. in case you missed it. he didn't withhold anything.

The call is only the start of the investigation as everyone one knows now. Each witness has said that this was far father reach than the call and there was part of a bigger shake down. Trump refused congress witnesses and evidence using executive privilege. No president really tried this before because it just drags the country through a lengthy process as he can get impeached every-time there is new evidence released by leak, SC or FOI. Trump has tried to block everyone of these avenues to the point where FOI is getting more info than Congress on there investigations.

That is simply obstruction and this is a question of US National Security. Why does GOP give Trump a pass on being a major security risk?

Already did. He lied about what Biden said. You did too. You just can’t bring yourself to admit it.

so he wanted him fired because he wasn't looking into burisma? now I've heard it all.

I didn’t say that. You have a bad problem of inserting your own words into other people’s statements.
how so? Burisma was being investigated for corruption. I mean, I only go where the crumbs take me.

Ukraine agency says allegations against Burisma cover period before Biden joined

Jesus, read your own article
"
Ukraine would open an investigation into the period when Hunter Biden was involved with Burisma if there were compelling new testimony in Ukraine, Nazar Kholodnytsky, the head of anti-corruption investigations at Ukraine’s Prosecutor’s Office, said on Novoye Vremya radio.

But it could not do so on its own initiative, based solely on comments currently being made in the United States, he said."

I have said have an investigation if that is what you want but we need an accusation and a crime... What is your evidence?
If you are going to say Biden got the Prosecutor fired for his son's benefit, go on ahead and the defence will bring in a line of witnesses (including GOP Senators and Congressmen) who wanted him fired. Proof of his corruption and an international consensus. Have you any proof of any other motives, I mean PROOF not some story from imagination.

Trump we have
No Consensus not even the State Dept or Intelligence
A clear ask to investigate his political rival
Withholding Aid
Asked for a favour
Plenty of hearsay witnesses

Now we have a first hand witness who has written that the President told him.
Trump not releasing hard evidence like text messages and emails due to executive privilege (could tell us in the constitution that the President is allowed to prevent this scrutiny)

Republicans are good at investigating conspiracy theories
They don’t get anywhere, but they sure do investigate them

Forum List

Back