Disgusting Case of Rape and Murder

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Stoner, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Stoner

Stoner Herbologist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I bring this story up for a few reasons. First, it is one of the most horrible, gruesome, disgusting acts you will hear about. What's more shocking is the media for the most part ignored it.

Secondly, their trials have been moved to next year. They were supposed to have commenced already. One of the losers has already been found guilty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[youtube]Bm7L7xxTmk8[/youtube]

[youtube]DwoKQq3oHko[/youtube]

Murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    is it more disgusting because the couple were white and the criminals were black?

aren't ALL rape and murder cases disgusting?

3. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Saw it. The victims were white and the perps black, so it has to get buried, especially in an election year with a liberal black candidate.

4. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    You obviously didn't watch the video or know anything about the case. Watch the lower video.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  5. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Why must so many continue to be reminded, the media will only show TV news that gets viewers, this is something that won't boost ratings, so they don't show it, simple as that. No conspiracy to hide stories, just plain old neglect.

6. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    what is there to know? it would be equally disgusting if the perps had been white and the couple black and obviously it wasn't so buried that you missed it huh?! do you live in TN? does Stoner?

The men and the woman who committed this crime should be put to death. Their crime isn't MORE disgusting just by virtue of the color of their skin.

here ya go... be disgusted by this too

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6rpWNKN5ec]YouTube - Nasty Fat White Bastard Rapes Black Woman in a Coma[/ame]

or

Is There an Army Cover Up of Rape and Murder of Women Soldiers? | CommonDreams.org

or

Four U.S. soldiersĀ charged with rape andĀ murder - CNN.com

7. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    They'll ignore those stories, they have for so long they don't even remember when they happened.

8. Stoner

Stoner Herbologist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Whoah, put the race card down and slowly back away.

Who the fuck said anything about it being more disgusting because they were black? It's disgusting what they did to these two innocent people. Savages.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  9. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I am not quite sure why we immediately needed to put up a whole bunch of other stories of people who had been raped and/or killed rather than simply discussing the issue that this thread was started to discuss.

Has this story not received major national coverage because the suspected criminals are black? Does the media not want to bring national attention to this for fear that it will hurt race relations or play to people's fears? Are they afraid of race-retaliatory crimes? Is it being downplayed because the concept of black on white crime is somehow less acceptable nationally? Or because its an election year?

I find this to be an interesting topic - and certainly not one that we need to pussy-foot around by bringing up completely different topics, like soldiers raping civilians or fellow soliders...which is a perfectly valid topic...just not for this thread.

I have seen no opinion or point posted that seems to suggest that the crime is in anyway WORSE because the victims are white...rather, I think the thread is simply asking WHY this isn't something that many people nationally seem to know about. I watch the news daily...and saw nothing about this.

In contrast, look at the Duke Lacrosse Case...national news for a story that was far less sensational than this one...and, not to be crude, but if the media runs on "if it bleeds it leads," which many here think it does...than the story of this poor couple is FAR more "entertaining" than the Duke case or others that have received national attention.

So why hasn't this story been bigger?

10. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    KittenKoder Wrote:
    Are you seriously going to sit there and make political jabs about "us" vs. "them" - trying to score partisan political points when discussing rape? If so, that is truly one of the more pathetic things I've witnessed on this board lately. I certainly hope I'm misreading you.