Did you all see the Dems do this during the STOU address?????

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
During the speech Tuesday night, Democrats stood in unity and cheered when Bush lamented how Congress failed to act last year "on my proposal to save Social Security." But when the roar died down, Republicans had their turn to cheer as the president wagged his finger at Democrats and said: "Yet the rising cost of entitlements is a problem that is not going away, and with every year we fail to act the situation gets worse."

I was floored when I saw them do this!
The New Democrat Party :moon4: :laugh:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183409,00.html

Stephanie said:
During the speech Tuesday night, Democrats stood in unity and cheered when Bush lamented how Congress failed to act last year "on my proposal to save Social Security." But when the roar died down, Republicans had their turn to cheer as the president wagged his finger at Democrats and said: "Yet the rising cost of entitlements is a problem that is not going away, and with every year we fail to act the situation gets worse."

I saw it. I also saw the Dems. motionless when Bush said, "Make the tax cuts permanent".

Yea that was a great movement. Something the Dems can be real 'proud' of. There were plenty of monents they remained silent, like on the wiretapping issue. They just looked so pathetic overall. I loved how Justice Alito was in there all smiles :thup:

theHawk said:
Yea that was a great movement. Something the Dems can be real 'proud' of. There were plenty of monents they remained silent, like on the wiretapping issue. They just looked so pathetic overall. I loved how Justice Alito was in there all smiles :thup:
It’s becoming more and more clear to even those that pay no attention to the Dems, that they are F’d up and dishonest.

What was the mantra, the catch phrase, in the rebuttal, “We can work together” or something like that? Well, if ya watched their body language during the speech it said, “FU, we’re going to make it as hard on you as we can”.

Not to mention the filibusters they've already pulled. Two faced BASTARDS!

Mr. P said:
It’s becoming more and more clear to even those that pay no attention to the Dems, that they are F’d up and dishonest.

What was the mantra, the catch phrase, in the rebuttal, “We can work together” or something like that? Well, if ya watched their body language during the speech it said, “FU, we’re going to make it as hard on you as we can”.

Not to mention the filibusters they've already pulled. Two faced BASTARDS!

nancy peloosi said in spin alley that they will fight bush every inch of the way on any health care reform proposals he brings forword

manu1959 said:
nancy peloosi said in spin alley that they will fight bush every inch of the way on any health care reform proposals he brings forword
There ya go. They want it, he wants to address it, BUT BY GOD WE AIN'T LETTING HIM! Assholes!

Mr. P said:
There ya go. They want it, he wants to address it, BUT BY GOD WE AIN'T LETTING HIM! Assholes!

it is so classic....great idea....but you are doing it wrong so we are not going to help you we are going to fight you.....and then after we deafeat you then we will propose our idea and then say you all are being obstructionist and won't reach out....

manu1959 said:

Of course, that way they can blame Bush in elections for bad health care, and make empty promises that they will fix it if elected. What would be the point of getting health care "fixed" by the time elections roll around? If that happened they would have nothing to run on. Just goes to show you, they really don't care about the issue at hand. Their first and foremost goal is getting in office. The suffering people can wait.

Stephanie said:

Yep, with Hilary standing front and center, smiling broader than any of them. I'm flabbergasted by the fact that an entire party can be so proud about doing nothing, but will jump up and take credit for everything good in life.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Yep, with Hilary standing front and center, smiling broader than any of them. I'm flabbergasted by the fact that an entire party can be so proud about doing nothing, but will jump up and take credit for everything good in life.

come on guys......same shit happend in reverse during the clinton adinistration.....they party in charge always cheers and the other ones sits their like lawn gnomes.....first time i have every scene the chiefs of staff stand up and applaud though

manu1959 said:
it is so classic....great idea....but you are doing it wrong so we are not going to help you we are going to fight you.....and then after we deafeat you then we will propose our idea and then say you all are being obstructionist and won't reach out....
Exactly, Politics at it’s LOWEST. I think the Dems have sunk this far because “ John Q public” has seen the light, and they ain’t buying the same ole BS anymore. The problem for the Dems is now they need a plan, and they don't have one. They ALWAYS believed us, now they don't. Damn!

Mr. P said:
Exactly, Politics at it’s LOWEST. I think the Dems have sunk this far because “ John Q public” has seen the light, and they ain’t buying the same ole BS anymore. The problem for the Dems is now they need a plan, and they don't have one. They ALWAYS believed us, now they don't. Damn!

you know the dems are done when ariana huffington on CNN in response to an attack by some dem and andreson copper how the dems meassage is superior and bush is failing....she says (paraphrase) in her thick accent......i guess that explains why you have been winning so many elections.....

manu1959 said:
come on guys......same shit happend in reverse during the clinton adinistration.....they party in charge always cheers and the other ones sits their like lawn gnomes.....first time i have every scene the chiefs of staff stand up and applaud though
To a degree, sure, but I've never seen rocks in seats like last night.

Mr. P said:
To a degree, sure, but I've never seen rocks in seats like last night.

think back to clinton's sotu concerning hillary health care......the right side of the aisle were statues.....

the one that i liked was when bush said someting about winning the war...

the repubs jump up and cheer.....left side doesn't move....the the chiefs of staff stand up to clap....then some of the dems jump up and clap the others looked all confused

manu1959 said:

I'm not talking about sitting like stones, I'm talking the childish little standing ovation they gave to doing nothing about Social Security.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I'm not talking about sitting like stones, I'm talking the childish little standing ovation they gave to doing nothing about Social Security.

i have not in the past 30 years scene the repubs pull a stunt like that.....

Like someone suggested right after the SOTU, Republicans should be using that scene in campaign ads for years to come.

The Democrats are just pathetic in their partisanship.

Forum List

Back