Depressed? Ever considered suicide?

I watched some of it. I didn't like it. A vengeful God would not care about the mental state of someone doing this. A kind loving God would embrace those who just couldn't handle life any more, like Drifters sister, and embraces them when they arrive. Period. No ands ifs or buts about it.
If you have a vengeful God in your belief system....ok.
But if the God you believe in is like mine...He loves you. And if you decide to go before He calls...he damn sure is not going to make you suffer more.
I love the part toward the end when she describes what the Lord told her. Sorry you did not listen to the whole thing but it is a choice.

Concerning the question:
Yes. I think about it every day.

Concerning ChrisL:
Put her on ignore. You will never get her to shut up. Iggie is a perfect solution.

I watched some of it. I didn't like it. A vengeful God would not care about the mental state of someone doing this. A kind loving God would embrace those who just couldn't handle life any more, like Drifters sister, and embraces them when they arrive. Period. No ands ifs or buts about it.
But if the God you believe in is like mine...He loves you. And if you decide to go before He calls...he damn sure is not going to make you suffer more.
I love the part toward the end when she describes what the Lord told her. Sorry you did not listen to the whole thing but it is a choice.
God speaks to each person individually. His message to her, was to HER. Nobody else.

Why would God shine the light and help her but not the others?

Because it's not true.

It is not a matter of making you suffer more Gracie, it is a point that you have certain things in this world to overcome. Call it quits to early you will have not overcome those things of the world yet.
God gave you a piece of that holy spirit in you to help you through, so yes it is an individual call. For some though bits of encouragement along the way are needed.

It is not a matter of making you suffer more Gracie, it is a point that you have certain things in this world to overcome. Call it quits to early you will have not overcome those things of the world yet.
God gave you a piece of that holy spirit in you to help you through, so yes it is an individual call. For some though bits of encouragement along the way are needed.

Did you think about what it must be like to throw yourself in front of a train?

God's ways are beyond us and above our ways but even I can see that in her testimony that gives all the glory to God.

I don't know what I think, I believe in God but I am not religious and I don't know why things happen the way they do. I think there is something greater than myself out there in the universe, but there's been a lot of tragedy in my life, and I just try to move through it. I have had some joy too and I try to remind myself of those good moments and time frames in life.

Suicide changes families forever, nobody in my family is the same, we have all changed and been affected deeply by my sister's death.

Buddhist and Hindu beliefs say that if you don't finish what you are supposed to in this life, you will come back and live another.

Same thing if you're too attached to this world.

Me? I think that if God exists and is truly what the Christians say He is, well........He wouldn't be too upset that you decided to leave here and go see Him early.

It's only if you take out others on your way out (suicide bomber, murder suicide, crashing a plane into a mountain, etc.), THEN that's the point that God will have a serious issue with you.

God's ways are beyond us and above our ways but even I can see that in her testimony that gives all the glory to God.

That's good for her, what about those whose loved one doesn't come back. How can we feel better?

I don't know what I think, I believe in God but I am not religious and I don't know why things happen the way they do. I think there is something greater than myself out there in the universe, but there's been a lot of tragedy in my life, and I just try to move through it. I have had some joy too and I try to remind myself of those good moments and time frames in life.

Suicide changes families forever, nobody in my family is the same, we have all changed and been affected deeply by my sister's death.
I am sure you have. Death to us as we live in this world seems so final. You do not have to be religious. Do try to remain with hope.

Selfish.

I ride a train to work each day. We had a person step in front of a train I was on. The result? 300 people stuck for 5 hours with no food or water while the homicide investigation takes place. The clear intent in choosing such a public display is to drag people who never met you or did you harm into your decision.

I totally understand, sweetie. It changes everything and your relationships with people and how you relate to them. It changes how you look at everything. The biggest thing is learning how to cope with those "bad times" and learning to accept what happened. You can't do anything but 'accept' it.

That's good for her, what about those whose loved one doesn't come back. How can we feel better?
Feel better, Drifter, knowing she is happy, safe, secure where she is now.

I am sure you have. Death to us as we live in this world seems so final. You do not have to be religious. Do try to remain with hope.

How? Why did God help her and not others?

Feel better, Drifter, knowing she is happy, safe, secure where she is now.

I hope you are right.

Selfish.

I ride a train to work each day. We had a person step in front of a train I was on. The result? 300 people stuck for 5 hours with no food or water while the homicide investigation takes place. The clear intent in choosing such a public display is to drag people who never met you or did you harm into your decision.
Being in such a mental state, one tends not to think about others. Like, those they "inconvenienced".

Selfish.

Agreed. If you want to take yourself out, do so quietly and quickly, and don't leave a note, because suicide notes only lay a guilt trip on the family.

There's a really effective suicide kit that you can buy on the internet. It's a bag with a tube that you hook helium up to, and you simply go to sleep permanently in about 3 to 5 min.

Forum List

Back