Depressed? Ever considered suicide?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
She was shown what would happen if she gave up and much more....

To Hell and Back (Died by Suicide) NDE & Hell Testimony

Where in the Bible does it say that you are automatically sent to Hell if you commit suicide? Chapter and verse please.

Me? I believe that if you want to take yourself out, you can, just don't take anyone else with you.

Have I considered it? Yes. A couple of times in my teen years and once when I was in my 30's (rough times both of them and I didn't want to be here). However, people saw I was in a bad place and bailed me out.

Would I consider it again? Depends on whether or not my life gets as bad as those last two times. I don't see it happening anytime in the forseeable future though.

I didn't look at the video. I've lost someone very close to me by suicide. This is just ONE reason why I do not believe in religious bull crap.

To the OP, did you consider at all any one's feelings before posting such a thing? Although I didn't watch the video, I can pretty much figure out what it is about without watching. This is NOTHING but cruel, let me tell you that much. Think of the HELL such things put people through who have lost a loved one in this way.

A lot of people who commit or try to commit suicide are SUFFERING like you cannot even understand. Most suffer from some kind of mental illness, such as MAJOR depression, which is different than you just feeling "sad" sometimes. Do you believe that any kind of God would condemn people who are suffering from a mental illness? I'm absolutely so sickened by this.

It is UTTER ignorance on display.

I didn't look at the video. I've lost someone very close to me by suicide. This is just ONE reason why I do not believe in religious bull crap.

To the OP, did you consider at all any one's feelings before posting such a thing? Although I didn't watch the video, I can pretty much figure out what it is about without watching. This is NOTHING but cruel, let me tell you that much. Think of the HELL such things put people through who have lost a loved one in this way.

A lot of people who commit or try to commit suicide are SUFFERING like you cannot even understand. Most suffer from some kind of mental illness, such as MAJOR depression, which is different than you just feeling "sad" sometimes. Do you believe that any kind of God would condemn people who are suffering from a mental illness? I'm absolutely so sickened by this.

This was a good post, and suicide is the worst thing ever. I can't even tell you how bad it feels when someone you love does it.

Ever consider that you don't have to read this thread? Ever consider that there are people who are capable of discussing it civilly among themselves without your shrill bitchiness crapping up the joint?

I've considered it twice, and one good thing that came out of it was that I became a Suicide Prevention Counselor and Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor because of what I went through, and because I managed to get through it with the help of others, I could help those who were feeling hopeless.

Besides...........I'd like the OP to quote me Bible chapter and verse that states explicitly that you go to Hell for committing suicide.

If all you can do is bitch ChrisL, I'd suggest you find somewhere else to post so that this thread doesn't affect your delicate sensibilities.

Where in the Bible does it say that you are automatically sent to Hell if you commit suicide? Chapter and verse please.

Me? I believe that if you want to take yourself out, you can, just don't take anyone else with you.

Have I considered it? Yes. A couple of times in my teen years and once when I was in my 30's (rough times both of them and I didn't want to be here). However, people saw I was in a bad place and bailed me out.

Would I consider it again? Depends on whether or not my life gets as bad as those last two times. I don't see it happening anytime in the forseeable future though.
Your leading the dog pack as usual.

This woman shared her personal experience. If you do not like it do not watch. Her message is one of hope in choosing life over death. She also reiterates the message, everyone has things to overcome in this world.

If you don't like it don't watch it.

Ever consider that you don't have to read this thread? Ever consider that there are people who are capable of discussing it civilly among themselves without your shrill bitchiness crapping up the joint?

I've considered it twice, and one good thing that came out of it was that I became a Suicide Prevention Counselor and Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor because of what I went through, and because I managed to get through it with the help of others, I could help those who were feeling hopeless.

Besides...........I'd like the OP to quote me Bible chapter and verse that states explicitly that you go to Hell for committing suicide.

If all you can do is bitch ChrisL, I'd suggest you find somewhere else to post so that this thread doesn't affect your delicate sensibilities.

Some people feel terrible about it, I don't want to think my sister is in hell. I can't even tell you how horrible it is that she killed herself, there are times I just start crying out of no where if I think about her too much. It's the worst pain ever.

Some people feel terrible about it, I don't want to think my sister is in hell. I can't even tell you how horrible it is that she killed herself, there are times I just start crying out of no where if I think about her too much. It's the worst pain ever.

They don't understand. Some never will.

I don't think people know what it feels like. In my family we have had a total of 3 suicides, my sister's was the worst because she was closest in relation to me and it's real shocking, you can't even believe it. You feel sick inside, horrible, and numb, then devastated. I am not going to believe she's in hell forever over it, no way.

Chris L. If you do not like to read a thread do not go there. I have also lost a very dear friend to a claimed suicide. Truthfully I believe he was murder but the state police here claimed it was suicide.

Regardless, if you do not want to be subjected to something do not go there. I also think there are some very nasty crappy post and I could claim sensibilities but I won't do that because there is still such a thing as freedom of choice. I posted it for people who have HOPE.

Be sick at your own discretion or get help, you do have that choice.

Not only are the families left with the horror of losing their loved one, the guilt which can eat a person up (why other family members sometimes suicide as well), and then the stigma and people telling you that one of the people you loved most in the world is suffering in Hell right now. My God, how do you think that makes a mom and dad feel?

I talked to a priest even though I'm not religious. He told me that No, people who commit suicide do not go to hell because they are sick.

I don't think people know what it feels like. In my family we have had a total of 3 suicides, my sister's was the worst because she was closest in relation to me and it's real shocking, you can't even believe it. You feel sick inside, horrible, and numb, then devastated. I am not going to believe she's in hell forever over it, no way.

No, she's not in hell. She was sick, Drifter. You have to be to do something like that. :(

Nor should you. God does not waste anything. We humans do but God doesn't. The moment the Lord gives a hum,an 'Adam' breath a living soul is created. That breath that created the living soul is eternal, we do and can subject ourselves but even so it is all in God's hands.

I watched some of it. I didn't like it. A vengeful God would not care about the mental state of someone doing this. A kind loving God would embrace those who just couldn't handle life any more, like Drifters sister, and embraces them when they arrive. Period. No ands ifs or buts about it.
If you have a vengeful God in your belief system....ok.
But if the God you believe in is like mine...He loves you. And if you decide to go before He calls...he damn sure is not going to make you suffer more.

Forum List

Back