Depressed? Ever considered suicide?

I love the part toward the end when she describes what the Lord told her. Sorry you did not listen to the whole thing but it is a choice.

Why would God shine the light and help her but not the others?
God's ways are beyond us and above our ways but even I can see that in her testimony that gives all the glory to God.

That's good for her, what about those whose loved one doesn't come back. How can we feel better?
Feel better, Drifter, knowing she is happy, safe, secure where she is now.

I hope you are right.
I know I'm right. God loves. He does not punish those who hurt and decide to end that hurt.

Did you think about what it must be like to throw yourself in front of a train?

Selfish.

I ride a train to work each day. We had a person step in front of a train I was on. The result? 300 people stuck for 5 hours with no food or water while the homicide investigation takes place. The clear intent in choosing such a public display is to drag people who never met you or did you harm into your decision.

Agreed. If you want to take yourself out, do so quietly and quickly, and don't leave a note, because suicide notes only lay a guilt trip on the family.

There's a really effective suicide kit that you can buy on the internet. It's a bag with a tube that you hook helium up to, and you simply go to sleep permanently in about 3 to 5 min.

Oh, so now you are giving advice on how to kill yourself? Holy shit. This place is FULL of fucking nuts. People who commit suicide are sick and not thinking clearly.

Being in such a mental state, one tends not to think about others. Like, those they "inconvenienced".

I disagree. I think it is a final act of revenge. My experience with suicide is that those who pursue it do so to get back at those "who will be sorry when they are gone." I think the girl who jumped in front of our train fully intended to make everyone on board pay for the misery she felt.

How? Why did God help her and not others?

"How?" You said it is an individual thing, right?

Here is what I had to learn. Be patient no matter what. We do not always get the answers right a way. Seek and ask for guidance from God. Our answers do not always present themselves in ways we think they should as humans we tend to think with human precepts. Keep in mind God chooses the foolish things to confound the prideful and wise in our own eyes (been there know this one by heart by now).

Faith, even when I thought I had put all my trust in God I was reminded that I had not. It is a longer story than I can write on this message board.

Being in such a mental state, one tends not to think about others. Like, those they "inconvenienced".

I disagree. I think it is a final act of revenge. My experience with suicide is that those who pursue it do so to get back at those "who will be sorry when they are gone." I think the girl who jumped in front of our train fully intended to make everyone on board pay for the misery she felt.
Wow. It must truly suck to be you.

My sister was depressed because our dad had died and she missed him.

Here is what I had to learn. Be patient no matter what. We do not always get the answers right a way. Seek and ask for guidance from God. Our answers do not always present themselves in ways we think they should as humans we tend to think with human precepts. Keep in mind God chooses the foolish things to confound the prideful and wise in our own eyes (been there know this one by heart by now).

Faith, even when I thought I had put all my trust in God I was reminded that I had not. It is a longer story than I can write on this message board.

Trust me, I pray everyday for guidance, and peace. The pain of suicide is something I just can't explain, it just hurts.

Sounds like she did not have hope.

Your sister suffered depression. She is now with your dad. Both are at peace.

I thought we were trying to have a conversation about suicide and why people do it, as well as the methods that some people employ. Someone brought up trains, and I responded.

I know that people who commit suicide aren't thinking clearly.

Do you think that someone is going to look up how to off themselves here in a message thread?

FWIW.................not only do I think trains are a bad way to go, but so is jumping off a building (might hit someone below), or any other method that could possibly end up killing or hurting others, because then when you go to see God, you're going to have to answer for murder.

I don't think God sends people to Hell over it. I think God loves everybody.

Trust me, I pray everyday for guidance, and peace. The pain of suicide is something I just can't explain, it just hurts.
I am sure it does. In time your prayers will be answered.

Please don't play shrink or be a judge.

Agreed. If you want to take yourself out, do so quietly and quickly, and don't leave a note, because suicide notes only lay a guilt trip on the family.

There's a really effective suicide kit that you can buy on the internet. It's a bag with a tube that you hook helium up to, and you simply go to sleep permanently in about 3 to 5 min.

You misunderstand.

I think all suicide is selfish. Unless one is in debilitating pain with no hope of recovery, I view it as an attempt of one person to cause pain to others.

I've known two suicides and several attempteds, and all had the same story, "you'll pay when I kill myself through guilt."

I might be jaded by an ex wife who constantly played the suicide game.

Sometimes suicidal/mentally ill people are very impulsive. It is part of the sickness. They can't help it. I not only have personal experience with this, but professional experience typing reports about them as well. Human beings normally have a very strong will to survive. It is pretty much an instinctual thing.

Please don't play shrink or be a judge.
Not a judgement. I have attempted to give up myself before. I was just going to let nature do it though.

What does this mean? She is asking you why would God ignore other suicide victims but pay attention to this particular one. I will tell you why. Because it's bullshit, that's why.

I am not prideful nor foolish in grieving the death of my sister. I move forward in life that's what people do, bad things happen, but I don't believe God would just help her return and leave others suffering in hell. That's not love, love never fails and love has no conditions.

I thought we were trying to have a conversation about suicide and why people do it, as well as the methods that some people employ. Someone brought up trains, and I responded.

I know that people who commit suicide aren't thinking clearly.

Do you think that someone is going to look up how to off themselves here in a message thread?

FWIW.................not only do I think trains are a bad way to go, but so is jumping off a building (might hit someone below), or any other method that could possibly end up killing or hurting others, because then when you go to see God, you're going to have to answer for murder.

Is that what you thought? Oh well, that is not what the OP was about, now was it? It was pretty much saying that if you kill yourself, then you will go to hell, no?

Forum List

Back