Denver At Seattle

all Im saying is the SAME THING sherman said at the end of the game in his interview when the reporters asked him why he sounded mad since they won which is-Because it shouldnt have been this close.

sherman hit the nail on the head.it NEVER should have been close like that against a stautue of liberty quarterback on his last legs in peyton manning.

the good thing about this for the seahawks in their quest to repeat is that like i said before,they have an advantage in the next three road games they have in the fact their bye is coming at a perfect time for them to rest and get that R and R.

they will have an advantage in their next upcoming game against the skins in the fact they will be able to take the time thursday night to get together to view the national televised game they play in thursday night.they will have the chance to watch cousins and see what his tendencys are under pressure and the offense can watch what kind of defenses the skins use as well.that will help.

cousins has not faced the kind of defense he will be facing when he faces the seahawks so he wont light up the boards like he did against the eagles who dont have a defense.the skins dont have a defense either which is why the game was such a high scoring affiar between the two teams.thats why both these games against the eagles and skins will be easy road games for the seahawks.

as i said before,the bright spot for the hawks in their upcoming 3 road games is they have faced their toughest test these past two weeks in playing against quarterbacks.

The panthers newton is struggling this year due to lack of losing all his starting receivers in the off season.

for the skins? I just covered them.

Now for the Lambs.get serious.a third string quarterback against the hawks defense? now thats funny. dont let the high scoring game against the cowgirls fool you either.after all,that again DID come against the cowgirls,another team with a horrible defense.none of the NFC east teams have a defense and thats great news for the seahawks.

I got to give the donkeys and john fox credit.they came up with a good game plan.the announcers were mentioning in the game why they were conservative on third and long all the time and they mentioned that was because in the superbowl game when they passed on third and long,Manning got intercepted so they avoided making that same mistake and it paid off,they did learn something from that game.

Plus the off season moves they made really did pay off.they made them just for this one game.I figured since the way the donkesy looked unimpressive the last two weeks at home barely winning was because they are nto near as good a team this year as last year but I think the reason they struggled was because the past 7 months they were focused on just this one game so they were looking ahead past the colts and the chiefs in those two games with their mind on this game the whole time.thats the only thing that makes any sense WHY they would struggle at home against the KANSAS CITY CLOWNS of all people.:biggrin:

last year it was a no brainer the seahawks would blow them out in the superbowl.the hawks were healthy,the donkeys had many key injurys.this time the donkeys had all their horses healthy and again the off season acquistions really shored up that defense.they did get more physical on defense like they were trying to it looks like.

plus it looks like the donkeys did a great job of disguising their paly calling.last year as you recall,the seahawks said they had success against manning because they were able to decipher and figure out all his calls he was calling.that had they not been able to they would have had a much tougher time with him on defense.

well this time they were not able to figure them out.manning and the donkeys cleverly disguised the play calling this time.the seahawks were saying they ran plays that they had never seen on film so that played a factor as well.

as Huggy mentioned earlier,if this was the superbowl teams from last year,that game would have been much closer and this game would have been the superbowl game everybody was hoping to see last year.

Last edited:
So the SeaHags won a home game? Aren't they all supposed to win their home games?

At this rate they'll be 8-8. Yay!

SD has to beat Denver again for it to matter.
I see them at least splitting the series like they did last year.the only question is will they be able to sweep them BOTH times this time.that will be a tall order for them.i hope so but i dont see it happening.as long as they win the division thats the important thing.

the thing that favors them is like huggy said,if they have the same record at the end of the year,this game between the seahawks will go a long way for san diego in winning the division.them beating them and the donkeys losing to them would come into play.

So the SeaHags won a home game? Aren't they all supposed to win their home games?

At this rate they'll be 8-8. Yay!
congrats as always for avoiding my previous posts WHY they will win their upcoming road games.wouldnt expect anything less from you.:clap:

I see them at least splitting the series like they did last year.the only question is will they be able to sweep them BOTH times this time.that will be a tall order for them.i hope so but i dont see it happening.as long as they win the division thats the important thing.

the thing that favors them is like huggy said,if they have the same record at the end of the year,this game between the seahawks will go a long way for san diego in winning the division.them beating them and the donkeys losing to them would come into play.
I like the Chargers but they're still a player or two away from replacing Denver. They need a really good RB to replace Matthews and they need a great NT.

the other thing thats highly in favor for the seahawks to repeat is these past two weeks they have faced the toughest quarterbacks they will face all year long. as i mentioned earlier there is a reason WHY Rivers was a high number one pick for the chargers when they drafted him.

the year they went to the AFC title game and lost to the patriots he was playing hurt that game with a strained leg playing onone leg.his willingness and desire to play through pain was an admirable trait the chargers saw in him. because of his willingness to play through pain,he inspires his teammates to go out and give a 100% to try and win.

he has been to the pro bowl on quite a few occassions.

and with manning? what else can you say? He is a lock for the future in the hall of fame because he is always good in games like that in THE REGULAR SEASON.those being key words regular season.hee hee.

the rest of the quarterbacks the seahawks face the rest of the year are not accomplished veterans who have proven their worth over the years so i see no reason for them to struggle for the rest of their games in the season.

the only team i see causing them problems the rest of the year is the cardinals.as i said before on my other thread,now that its obvious they wont go undefeated this year,a more realistic season for them is 14-2. I see the cardinals being the only other loss of the season for them down in arizona.

The cards are a good team.they have won the last two games despite carson palmer being gone.thats impressive.the defense is carrying them. I dont see the seahawks beating them twice.

14-2 would not be unrealistic at all and that will be good enough for homefiled advantage again.

I like the Chargers but they're still a player or two away from replacing Denver. They need a really good RB to replace Matthews and they need a great NT.

if you havent taken a look at these two videos on this thread of mine i made you really should. this guy skip bayless is looking like a genius.as you will hear in them,he said in the preseason BEFORE the season began,that while he believes the seahawks will repeat this year.

He also said back then that they will go 15-1 with their lone loss being in week two against the chargers and thats because he believes the chargers since they came on strong last year at the end and were the ONE team that went into denver and beat the broncos,that they would overtake them for the division this year.I like the chargers chances with their schedule they have and the fact they beat the seahawks which again will come into play.

everytime i brought up that fact the seahawks hardly lost to a creampuff team,the only one that went into that snakepit the most difficult place to win at with the crowd noise and the mile high thin air,they ignored it and ran off.:rolleyes-41:

so far he has been right on the money.He just might be a prophet.we'll have to wait and see. You'll notice as well the cat got the tongue of the seahawk haters since they cant attack me and huggy since its the prediction of someone else who agrees with us which is why they have all avoided that thread.:lol:

after the seahawks lost to the chargers i figuure a more realistic season for them will be 14-2 instead.I think bayless is off by just ONE game.I think the one other game they will lose this year is to the cardinals on the road in arizona.they are a pretty damn good team this year.

if they lose that game,they still have a successul road record going 6-2 on the road just liek they did last year,a fact many seem to forget thinking because they havent been a good road team in the PAST before last season,they wont be good on the road again this year.:cuckoo:

here are the two videos in this thread you should watch.

Seahawks Go 15-1 And Repeat Says Sports Anaylsist.is He Also Making Excuses US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I mentioned how if the chargers and donkeys have the same record at the end of the year and they split the series like i think they will,that the game with the seahawks would come into play with the chargers winning their division with them winning that game.

However something else needs to be considered.I need to hope that the donkeys lose to the cardinals as well when they face them since the chargers lost to them in their opener and since thats the only way that would come into play here.

thats going to be a difficult game for the cards to win to because its in denver which again is pretty much the most difficult place to win at for visiting teams cause of that mile high thin air.

the chargers play there yearly so they had an idea what to expect and what to be prepared for last year when they beat them in denver and only lost to them by a touchdown in the playoffs,the cards dont have any idea what to expect going into that thin air.

either way I cant lose whoever wins this game.i'll be happy either way.I of course would much rather see the donkeys lose because I cant stand Manning but if the cards lose I'll still be happy because it helps out the seahawks as well.lol.

When week 6 closes out the Cards will be 3-2.

They will lose to Denver at Denver. Coming off a loss in Seattle with a two week rest Denver will be very hard to beat.

They will lose to the Redskins in Washington. Cousins is a very good QB. AZ beat NY in New Jersey but that isn't really a test of a good team. They beat a flailing Santa Clara in AZ. They only beat the Bolts by one point at home.

At the end of week 6 the Seahawks will be 4-1 leading the NFC West.

Did you know that the Cardinals are tied for second place in points allowed after 3 games? Tied with Detroit, of all teams. Cincinnati, of course, is first having only given up 33. The Cards and Lions have given up 45. The Seahawks are at 66, the Niners at 68. It's early, but so far the Cards defense has been the best in the West. Playing at Denver will, of course, be a big test of that D.

They will lose to Denver at Denver. Coming off a loss in Seattle with a two week rest Denver will be very hard to beat.

They will lose to the Redskins in Washington. Cousins is a very good QB. AZ beat NY in New Jersey but that isn't really a test of a good team. They beat a flailing Santa Clara in AZ. They only beat the Bolts by one point at home.

If Cousins was VERY GOOD the Eagles would be 2-1 so please stop with the silliness

Did you know that the Cardinals are tied for second place in points allowed after 3 games? Tied with Detroit, of all teams. Cincinnati, of course, is first having only given up 33. The Cards and Lions have given up 45. The Seahawks are at 66, the Niners at 68. It's early, but so far the Cards defense has been the best in the West. Playing at Denver will, of course, be a big test of that D.

I agree to a point.

Seattle played against three of the top QBs in the NFL in the first three games. One would expect a higher points allowed with Seattle's schedule. 66 is a little higher than what I think we would have hoped for. At least for now I will concede that the Seahawks are not the best defense at this point. If the Hawks are truly the best at stopping scoring they will have to earn it as the season unfolds. I'm not overly concerned at this juncture. 2-1 isn't a bad record considering who they played and where.

Nothing stays the same in the NFL. Seattle doesn't have to get worse to change the power structure of the top teams. Other organizations can and do get better in the off season. Good on them.

I agree to a point.

Seattle played against three of the top QBs in the NFL in the first three games. One would expect a higher points allowed with Seattle's schedule. 66 is a little higher than what I think we would have hoped for. At least for now I will concede that the Seahawks are not the best defense at this point. If the Hawks are truly the best at stopping scoring they will have to earn it as the season unfolds. I'm not overly concerned at this juncture. 2-1 isn't a bad record considering who they played and where.

Nothing stays the same in the NFL. Seattle doesn't have to get worse to change the power structure of the top teams. Other organizations can and do get better in the off season. Good on them.

You ain't lying about that, Cowboys would have probably been 0-3 if they started out against packers, chargers, and broncos

If Cousins was VERY GOOD the Eagles would be 2-1 so please stop with the silliness

I've seen Cousins play. Have you? And what does that have to do with the Eagles? They lost by 3 pts. Big deal. Knowles is also a very good QB. Wilson put up more points against Manning and Rodgers... Does that mean that THEY are not great QBs?

I've seen Cousins play. Have you? And what does that have to do with the Eagles? They lost by 3 pts. Big deal. Knowles is also a very good QB. Wilson put up more points against Manning and Rodgers... Does that mean that THEY are not great QBs?

Just say GOOD. Don't use VERY yet because he hasn't accomplished sh*T. Until he can put multiple wins together like Foles and Romo, I don't want to hear his name

Just say GOOD. Don't use VERY yet because he hasn't accomplished sh*T. Until he can put multiple wins together like Foles and Romo, I don't want to hear his name

No can do. After the bye Seattle goes into Washington so unfortunately Cousins will be discussed to nauseum. Your nemisis will be tested by what is still a very good defense with two weeks to prepare. I would be SHOCKED if the Seahawks didn't blow the Skins off the field. Still one MUST respect one's opponents so whatever skills Cousins possesses will be looked at honestly.

I agree to a point.

I'm not saying you need to worry about the Seahawks, my point is more that you don't seem to give the Cards enough credit. The same Chargers team that scored 30 against Seattle only managed 17 against Arizona. If they can hold the Broncos to a respectable point total, even should they lose, I think it would indicate they are a definite contender for the NFC West title this year.

I agree to a point.

I'm not saying you need to worry about the Seahawks, my point is more that you don't seem to give the Cards enough credit. The same Chargers team that scored 30 against Seattle only managed 17 against Arizona. If they can hold the Broncos to a respectable point total, even should they lose, I think it would indicate they are a definite contender for the NFC West title this year.

Obviously AZ is a contender. The NFC West is theirs to lose. One game that won't be repeated like last season will be their trip to Seattle. It is a long time to prognosticate that far in advance but if the Seahawks offense remains healthy I seriously doubt that they can just waltz up in here an expect to win. Wilson is if anything as smart a QB as there is and the loss to AZ last season was an anomoly which he will not repeat. It was his worst game last season. He doesn't make the same mistakes twice.

AZ could make the season interesting. They have a very strong defense. I just don't think they have the offense to pull off taking the division.

I believe it is far more likely that the Cardinals stand a very good chance to get a wild card slot.

Forum List

Back