Denver At Seattle

Did you know that the Cardinals are tied for second place in points allowed after 3 games? Tied with Detroit, of all teams. Cincinnati, of course, is first having only given up 33. The Cards and Lions have given up 45. The Seahawks are at 66, the Niners at 68. It's early, but so far the Cards defense has been the best in the West. Playing at Denver will, of course, be a big test of that D.

I agree to a point.

Seattle played against three of the top QBs in the NFL in the first three games. One would expect a higher points allowed with Seattle's schedule. 66 is a little higher than what I think we would have hoped for. At least for now I will concede that the Seahawks are not the best defense at this point. If the Hawks are truly the best at stopping scoring they will have to earn it as the season unfolds. I'm not overly concerned at this juncture. 2-1 isn't a bad record considering who they played and where.

Nothing stays the same in the NFL. Seattle doesn't have to get worse to change the power structure of the top teams. Other organizations can and do get better in the off season. Good on them.

I'm not saying you need to worry about the Seahawks, my point is more that you don't seem to give the Cards enough credit. The same Chargers team that scored 30 against Seattle only managed 17 against Arizona. If they can hold the Broncos to a respectable point total, even should they lose, I think it would indicate they are a definite contender for the NFC West title this year.

Obviously AZ is a contender. The NFC West is theirs to lose. One game that won't be repeated like last season will be their trip to Seattle. It is a long time to prognosticate that far in advance but if the Seahawks offense remains healthy I seriously doubt that they can just waltz up in here an expect to win. Wilson is if anything as smart a QB as there is and the loss to AZ last season was an anomoly which he will not repeat. It was his worst game last season. He doesn't make the same mistakes twice.

AZ could make the season interesting. They have a very strong defense. I just don't think they have the offense to pull off taking the division.

I believe it is far more likely that the Cardinals stand a very good chance to get a wild card slot.

Just chill on the cards. They started

4-0 in 2012 and missed the playoffs
3-0 in 2013 and missed the playoffs

So let's just see where they are in November

Did you know that the Cardinals are tied for second place in points allowed after 3 games? Tied with Detroit, of all teams. Cincinnati, of course, is first having only given up 33. The Cards and Lions have given up 45. The Seahawks are at 66, the Niners at 68. It's early, but so far the Cards defense has been the best in the West. Playing at Denver will, of course, be a big test of that D.

I agree to a point.

Seattle played against three of the top QBs in the NFL in the first three games. One would expect a higher points allowed with Seattle's schedule. 66 is a little higher than what I think we would have hoped for. At least for now I will concede that the Seahawks are not the best defense at this point. If the Hawks are truly the best at stopping scoring they will have to earn it as the season unfolds. I'm not overly concerned at this juncture. 2-1 isn't a bad record considering who they played and where.

Nothing stays the same in the NFL. Seattle doesn't have to get worse to change the power structure of the top teams. Other organizations can and do get better in the off season. Good on them.

I'm not saying you need to worry about the Seahawks, my point is more that you don't seem to give the Cards enough credit. The same Chargers team that scored 30 against Seattle only managed 17 against Arizona. If they can hold the Broncos to a respectable point total, even should they lose, I think it would indicate they are a definite contender for the NFC West title this year.

Obviously AZ is a contender. The NFC West is theirs to lose. One game that won't be repeated like last season will be their trip to Seattle. It is a long time to prognosticate that far in advance but if the Seahawks offense remains healthy I seriously doubt that they can just waltz up in here an expect to win. Wilson is if anything as smart a QB as there is and the loss to AZ last season was an anomoly which he will not repeat. It was his worst game last season. He doesn't make the same mistakes twice.

AZ could make the season interesting. They have a very strong defense. I just don't think they have the offense to pull off taking the division.

I believe it is far more likely that the Cardinals stand a very good chance to get a wild card slot.

Just chill on the cards. They started

4-0 in 2012 and missed the playoffs
3-0 in 2013 and missed the playoffs

So let's just see where they are in November

they only missed the playoffs last year the 2013 season though because the seahawks and the 49ers had better records.the cards finished at 11-5 where the niners finished at 12-4 so since they had the better record,they were the wild card. the niners though as every NFL fan knows,are having serious problems this year.Chris Collingsworth was talking about them on sunday night football and said-they do not look like a playoff team.

the fact they are winning with their backup quarterback is very impressive.it would take many more multiple key injurys to many of their star players to not make it into the playoffs as a wild card this year.they have already had quite a few injurys on defense and defections to free agency in the off season yet it doesnt look like they have skipped a beat this year.

their coach Bruce Ariens and his defensive coordinater there have done an excellent job with that team.This is only Ariens second year there and he brought them back to being a contender again last year and as Huggy said,they have an excellent defense good enough to take them to the playoffs this year as a wild card.

to win two games back to back in this day and age with your backup QB is impressive.

When week 6 closes out the Cards will be 3-2.

They will lose to Denver at Denver. Coming off a loss in Seattle with a two week rest Denver will be very hard to beat.

They will lose to the Redskins in Washington. Cousins is a very good QB. AZ beat NY in New Jersey but that isn't really a test of a good team. They beat a flailing Santa Clara in AZ. They only beat the Bolts by one point at home.

At the end of week 6 the Seahawks will be 4-1 leading the NFC West.
I wouldnt bet the farm if i were you that they will lose that game in washington to the redskins.I have to agree with him.I think you are giving Cousins far too much credit here.while its a no brainer that he is easily far better than RG3-"what a complete wasted pick,2nd overall pick.lol." you got to look at who the teams are when they scored a lot of touchdowns with him throwing many of them.

The Jags and The Eagles.
The Jags make any quarterback look good and the eagles defense always keeps opposing teams in the game.

If he puts up those kind of numbers against the seahawks and cardinals,okay THEN you can say he is a VERY good quarterback but not till then.
You are giving this team far more credit than they deserve.

The skins dont have a defense so the seahawks will roll all over them and Cousins has never faced a defense like the seahawks this year so i would be shocked if this game was not a blowout.

The cardinals defense will be too much for Cousins to handle as well but i dont see it being a blowout though with the cardinals offense unless Palmer is available to play by that time and if thats the case,then i wouldnt be surprised if the cardinals ran away with it then.

Last edited:
OH FOR FYUCKS SAKES !!!!!!!

OK !!!!! Cousins isn't a VERY GOOD QB.

HAPPY ?????????

I bet Wilson and Carroll say Cousins is a very good QB next week as they are preparing to leave for Washington.

I will be tickled as all get out to announce once and for all that Cousins sucks after the Seahawks blow out Warshington in a couple of weeks.

They will lose to Denver at Denver. Coming off a loss in Seattle with a two week rest Denver will be very hard to beat.

They will lose to the Redskins in Washington. Cousins is a very good QB. AZ beat NY in New Jersey but that isn't really a test of a good team. They beat a flailing Santa Clara in AZ. They only beat the Bolts by one point at home.

If Cousins was VERY GOOD the Eagles would be 2-1 so please stop with the silliness

I've seen Cousins play. Have you? And what does that have to do with the Eagles? They lost by 3 pts. Big deal. Knowles is also a very good QB. Wilson put up more points against Manning and Rodgers... Does that mean that THEY are not great QBs?

Just say GOOD. Don't use VERY yet because he hasn't accomplished sh*T. Until he can put multiple wins together like Foles and Romo, I don't want to hear his name

No can do. After the bye Seattle goes into Washington so unfortunately Cousins will be discussed to nauseum. Your nemisis will be tested by what is still a very good defense with two weeks to prepare. I would be SHOCKED if the Seahawks didn't blow the Skins off the field. Still one MUST respect one's opponents so whatever skills Cousins possesses will be looked at honestly.

If Cousins plays they could make it a game but I think Seattle will still win... but if RGIII plays Seattle will win in a romp.

If Cousins was VERY GOOD the Eagles would be 2-1 so please stop with the silliness

I've seen Cousins play. Have you? And what does that have to do with the Eagles? They lost by 3 pts. Big deal. Knowles is also a very good QB. Wilson put up more points against Manning and Rodgers... Does that mean that THEY are not great QBs?

Just say GOOD. Don't use VERY yet because he hasn't accomplished sh*T. Until he can put multiple wins together like Foles and Romo, I don't want to hear his name

No can do. After the bye Seattle goes into Washington so unfortunately Cousins will be discussed to nauseum. Your nemisis will be tested by what is still a very good defense with two weeks to prepare. I would be SHOCKED if the Seahawks didn't blow the Skins off the field. Still one MUST respect one's opponents so whatever skills Cousins possesses will be looked at honestly.

If Cousins plays they could make it a game but I think Seattle will still win... but if RGIII plays Seattle will win in a romp.

they still win in a romp even with cousins.he will find out like manning did,that he hasnt faced a defense anything like what seattle has.only difference if it was RG3 playing is that it would be an eVen BIGGER romp that it will be with cousins.

OH FOR FYUCKS SAKES !!!!!!!

OK !!!!! Cousins isn't a VERY GOOD QB.

HAPPY ?????????

I bet Wilson and Carroll say Cousins is a very good QB next week as they are preparing to leave for Washington.

I will be tickled as all get out to announce once and for all that Cousins sucks after the Seahawks blow out Warshington in a couple of weeks.
i know you REALLY will when you are proven wrong and the cardinals put him in his place and beat him as well.:biggrin:

I think you mean foles of the eagles.that really depends on which foles shows up.He is inconsistant.he can be brilliant at times and horrible other times.Hopefully the defense has fixed their problems by then and we see the horrible foles in that game when they face them.

I think you mean foles of the eagles.that really depends on which foles shows up.He is inconsistant.he can be brilliant at times and horrible other times.Hopefully the defense has fixed their problems by then and we see the horrible foles in that game when they face them.

Knowles...Foles... who cares ???

I will admit I don't follow the NFC East very closely anymore. I lost all respect for that division when we went up in there and shut out the Giants last year.

Knowles...Foles... who cares ???

I will admit I don't follow the NFC East very closely anymore. I lost all respect for that division when we went up in there and shut out the Giants last year.
Eli actually fooled himself into believing he would get back to his winning ways with a new coordinater.:biggrin: doesnt matter who the offensive coordinater is. it wouldnt matter if they brought in air correil of the chargers from the dan fouts days.if you're just going to throw it up for grabs which always results in INT's so you dont have to take a hit anymore,changing offensive coordinaters isnt going to help.:biggrin:

Until Cousins wins 2 games in a row I don't want to hear sh*t about him

either that or has a great game against a GREAT defense like the cards or hawks.till then he has proven NOTHING!!!

yup because everyone beats the Jags
also 34 points is not impressive against the eagles. wow a lot of points were scored against the eagles,how about some NEW news?:lmao:

I mean look at these numbers below.The broncos 52 points is forgiveable for the obvious reason it was against the highest scoring offense in NFL history. but 48 points given up to the vikings offense? its not like the quarterback was fran tarkington or anything.:lmao:

Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Regular Season Schedule - NFL.com

Last edited:
either that or has a great game against a GREAT defense like the cards or hawks.till then he has proven NOTHING!!!

also 34 points is not impressive against the eagles. wow a lot of points were scored against the eagles,how about some NEW news?:lmao:

I mean look at these numbers below.The broncos 52 points is forgiveable for the obvious reason it was against the highest scoring offense in NFL history. but 48 points given up to the vikings offense? its not like the quarterback was fran tarkington or anything.:lmao:

Cousins could not get it down when it counted the most

Isn't this the Denver at Seattle thread? You DO know there will be a Seattle at Washington thread don't you? If there isn't one before next Monday I'll start it myself. For all this whining I think I'll make much of the thread just about Cousins. :lol:

Cuz he's SOOOoooo..... Good.. :lol:

FBJ

i now understand WHY you had the delusion of one time thinking the cowboys could actually win the division this year you being a die hard obviously.

since you made that thread,fbj has one that he can spew his hate about cousins on now.lol

now back to the topic here.lol

you know Hug,two things we havent talked about for the seahawks/donkeys game on why the defense for the second week in a row wasnt impressive is there are two factors i thought of later after that game i never got around to mentioning which is.

1.as you recall,a couple days later after the superbowl last year,sherman said the reason they were able to shut down the donkeys offense so well that day was because they were able to dicepher and figure out mannings calls so they knew what plays he was running most the time.He also mentioned that had they not been able to figure them out,it wouldnt have been so easy for them.that they would have a much tougher day.

well it looks like the donkeys learned from that game and put in a lot of extra work in the off season for just this one game to disguise all the play calling this time because this time they obviously were not able to figure out what was coming their way. the players mentioned in the papers the next day that they ran plays that they had never seen on film before.so that obviously made a difference.

2.this one is not near as important but its something to consider mainly because phil simms mentiond it during the game. I never would have even considered bringing this point up had simms himself not mentioned it because as you know,i would be accused of making excuses for them.

well this time they CANT accuse me of making excuses for them because SIMMS was the one who originally said this in his telecast not me.so if they want to accuse anybody for making excuses then Simms is the one they need to target here.Im just the messenger.Simms is not a seahawk fan though so you know they wont attack him.lol

anyways "Simms" talked about in the broadcast that the seahawks defense was having a hard time rushing the passer and getting to manning saying in HIS WORDS-"last week they were on the field for more than so and so minutes against the chargers.that takes a toll on you and its showing now.

HE was saying they were still tired from that.this is coming from a former NFL starter who knows something about how the heat can take a toll on you and how it can make you still tired one week later when its conditions are like that that you're not used to obviously.

if the seahawk haters want to say im making excuses well then call up simms and tell him that.Im just the messanger here.dont shoot the messenger.:biggrin:

FBJ

i now understand WHY you had the delusion of one time thinking the cowboys could actually win the division this year you being a die hard obviously.

since you made that thread,fbj has one that he can spew his hate about cousins on now.lol

now back to the topic here.lol

you know Hug,two things we havent talked about for the seahawks/donkeys game on why the defense for the second week in a row wasnt impressive is there are two factors i thought of later after that game i never got around to mentioning which is.

1.as you recall,a couple days later after the superbowl last year,sherman said the reason they were able to shut down the donkeys offense so well that day was because they were able to dicepher and figure out mannings calls so they knew what plays he was running most the time.He also mentioned that had they not been able to figure them out,it wouldnt have been so easy for them.that they would have a much tougher day.

well it looks like the donkeys learned from that game and put in a lot of extra work in the off season for just this one game to disguise all the play calling this time because this time they obviously were not able to figure out what was coming their way. the players mentioned in the papers the next day that they ran plays that they had never seen on film before.so that obviously made a difference.

2.this one is not near as important but its something to consider mainly because phil simms mentiond it during the game. I never would have even considered bringing this point up had simms himself not mentioned it because as you know,i would be accused of making excuses for them.

well this time they CANT accuse me of making excuses for them because SIMMS was the one who originally said this in his telecast not me.so if they want to accuse anybody for making excuses then Simms is the one they need to target here.Im just the messenger.Simms is not a seahawk fan though so you know they wont attack him.lol

anyways "Simms" talked about in the broadcast that the seahawks defense was having a hard time rushing the passer and getting to manning saying in HIS WORDS-"last week they were on the field for more than so and so minutes against the chargers.that takes a toll on you and its showing now.

HE was saying they were still tired from that.this is coming from a former NFL starter who knows something about how the heat can take a toll on you and how it can make you still tired one week later when its conditions are like that that you're not used to obviously.

if the seahawk haters want to say im making excuses well then call up simms and tell him that.Im just the messanger here.dont shoot the messenger.:biggrin:

WHOAH !!!! There Hoss !!!!! :lol:

It was 17-3 at halftime. The Seahawks had the game in the bag. Then the unfortunate safety where Lynch got caught behind the line. Talk about a bad play coming out of nowhere. Bevell's worst call I can think of yet as an OC. So it was 17-5. THEN things just started to unravel real quickly and strangely enough the problem started with Kam Chancellor. He came over to help Burley, the new replacement at nickle, and took him out for a few plays. I can't remember the newest new dude was in the five centavos but he was a lamb to the slaughter and didn't seem to have a clue where to be. HE was the reason why Manning had so much immediate success over on that side.

It certainly was not some huge overall breakdown of the Defense. It was just a weird circumstance that Manning saw and took advantage of. If you want to blame somebody ..blame Chancellor for knocking out our own new nickle back and leaving our secondary exposed for a few plays. Not every QB in the league would have seen the flaw and jumped on it. Props to Manning for using his experience and getting his team to a tie. If Burley had stayed in the game Manning would have never scored that late TD and the ensuing 2 pt conversion. Game over.

But like you said our little soldier Wilson dutifly marched the team down the field and did his job in the overtime.

NOW if we hadn't won the toss things could have gone horribly wrong..

But I still would have blamed Chancellor for his friendly fire.

:lol:

yeah lady luck was shining on them winning that coin toss like they did no doubt.

I got further 411 on that medium crossing route that Manning used to burn the Hawks in that last 1 minute drive. Carroll warned Thomas about the probability of just that play and Thomas blew it off or it just didn't sink in because he didn't pass Carroll's instruction to the other D Backs. They all claimed they didn't get the heads up. SOOOooo... ...I ammend my blame to Chancellor AND Thomas.

Forum List

Back