Dems Growing Convinced That GOP Will Try To Force Shutdown Over Health Care Funds

It is tax deductible...

And 3600 comes to 550 a month?

Maybe you should first concentrate on your basic math skills.

It is 300 a month TAX DEDUCTIBLE to ensure you dont lose 100's of thousands if you become very sick.

Many pay that in liability insurance for their automobiles. Likely never used....but a safety net.

Thus the word "insurance"

I already pay more than $100 a month for my insurance and I can barely afford that and to put money away for retirement. Forget about liquid savings. And I fixed my typo, jerk.

Hmmm...

I see you fixed the 550 a month thing but left the 1/4 your take home.

SO you are saying you only take home 14,400 a year from a 50K salary?

I would see an accountant.

Peepers...if you cant debate on the merits, it is best not debate and, instead, learn.

But pleae, dont skew the merits to meet your argument.

Well, if you can't pay at all, you likely won't run up that much of a bill.
In other words, hurry up and die, even if it can be treated and you are still young. Lovely society you want to live in.
You are responsible for you.
If you cannot provide yourself with the goods and services you need, then you don't receive those goods and services.
:shrug:

You also, apparently, missed the remainder of my post:

If everyone pays for their own treatment, then -no one- will have a 6/7-figure bill as, since no one will be bale to pay that much, providers will not be able to charge that much for the good/services they provide.

It is tax deductible...

It is 300 a month TAX DEDUCTIBLE to ensure you dont lose 100's of thousands if you become very sick.

Many pay that in liability insurance for their automobiles. Likely never used....but a safety net.

I already pay more than $100 a month for my insurance and I can barely afford that and to put money away for retirement. Forget about liquid savings. And I fixed my typo, jerk.

Yo.....dont get that way with me.

It was not a typo...or you wouldnt have said 1/4 your take home.

SO what you are saying is you have OTHER things you prefer to do with the money.

50K should be about 38K take home....10 pct to insurance...25% to housing (rule of thumb)....leaves 65% of 38K for living expenses.

thats about 500 a week AFTER rent and health insurance.

Seems you haver an empty argument.

You WANT to spend it on other things.....it is not that you cant afford it.

It is tax deductible...

So you think the insurance company is gouging you $50 a month? Gee I pay 25% of my premiums at work and that is $100 a month. The real cost is $400 a month and you think $50 will cover everything? Stop and think man.

Peepers...if you cant debate on the merits, it is best not debate and, instead, learn.

Let me break it down for you, oh slow one, and yes I forgot to change the 1/4:

Okay, say I make about 43K. I usually pay about 40% of that in state and federal taxes. That leaves me with $25,800 a year to live on. The total insurance that comes out of my paycheck now is $1800/ year. My rent is roughly $14,280 a year, which leaves me with $9,720 a year. My transit bill is $1,248, which is mandatory as I don't have a car. This leaves me with $8,472 a year for everything else. Do you get it? I cannot afford insurance like that. Period.

So you think the insurance company is gouging you $50 a month? Gee I pay 25% of my premiums at work and that is $100 a month. The real cost is $400 a month and you think $50 will cover everything? Stop and think man.

You are not understanding. The co-op would have millions of members all putting money together. God, why don't you get it?

You are not understanding. The co-op would have millions of members all putting money together. God, why don't you get it?

With millions of high risk people in the new pool. It doesn't get cheaper. Your suggesting a reduction by a facot of EIGHT. You missed a lot in account classes.

Let me break it down for you, oh slow one, and yes I forgot to change the 1/4:

Okay, say I make about 43K. I usually pay about 40% of that in state and federal taxes. That leaves me with $25,800 a year to live on. The total insurance that comes out of my paycheck now is $1800/ year. My rent is roughly $14,280 a year, which leaves me with $9,720 a year. My transit bill is $1,248, which is mandatory as I don't have a car. This leaves me with $8,472 a year for everything else. Do you get it? I cannot afford insurance like that. Period.

yo....you already broke the major rule of thumb of living with in your means.

Your housing should not cost youmore than 25% of your income...if it does you are living too high.

On Long Island you can get a nice one bedroom apartment in Valley Stream for 800 a month.

You opted for a more convenient commute....and the cost to commute from Valey Stream is more...but still a lot less than your losses for the higher rent.

You over reached for comnfort and now you lobby to have the rest of us bail your ass out.

Pathetic.

Your housing should not cost youmore than 25% of your income...if it does you are living too high.

On Long Island you can get a nice one bedroom apartment in Valley Stream for 800 a month.

That would be a two hour commute each way. And I would have to pay another fee for the LIRR or PATH. Try again.

That would be a two hour commute each way. And I would have to pay another fee for the LIRR or PATH. Try again.

Speaking of public transportation... it is about quiting time. Don't miss the bus or whatever.

You opted for a more convenient commute....and the cost to commute from Valey Stream is more...but still a lot less than your losses for the higher rent.

You over reached for comnfort and now you lobby to have the rest of us bail your ass out.

Pathetic.

MORON. Where have I asked for anyone to bail anyone out? Ugh, it's like arguing with a retarded person. Comfort? My commute is already close to an hour each way and all my utilities (except power) are included in that cost. I don't live in a "trendy" part of Brooklyn, either. And 25% of my take home pay (which is my real income) would be $537.40. I couldn't even get an apartment in Tennessee for that.

Pathetic.

MORON. Where have I asked for anyone to bail anyone out? Ugh, it's like arguing with a retarded person. Comfort? My commute is already close to an hour each way and all my utilities (except power) are included in that cost. I don't live in a "trendy" part of Brooklyn, either. And 25% of my take home pay (which is my real income) would be $537.40. I couldn't even get an apartment in Tennessee for that.

My house payment with insurance and property taxes included is $499 a month. 2300 square feet not counting the basement. You can see the bathroom upgrade at the Coffee Shop. Try again.

It's all politics to you isnt it? It doesnt matter that we are bankrupt and the health care bill makes things worse for our health care sysem. All you care about is getting your power back.

Rather sad.

Where are you from in Philly, Chestnut Hill? You sound like it, anyway, the rightwingers haven't proven that this bill is going to bring more debt, its political bullshat babbling to distract from the fact that they're tools for the health care companies.
that's funny stuff. Very simple. The federal government is SPENDING nearly ONE TRILLION DOLLARS to fund this law. That is the government's portion of the cost...That is an expesnse. Which obviously with no way to pay for the law, will indeed add to the deficit. The Obama admin has admitted to this.
Now, that ONE TRILLION DOLLARS does NOT include OUR cost.
Those households earning more than $60k or so per year must pay 18% of their gross income to pay for their Obamacare. If that's not adding to debt and deficit, I do not know what is...
The bottom line is this is a job killing disaster. The federal government has NO BUSINESS taking over 1/6th of the US economy.
This law will be chopped up reformed and parts of it de-funded.
Obamacare is by far the WORST piece of legislation to come out of Washington. THE WORST.

Where are you from in Philly, Chestnut Hill? You sound like it, anyway, the rightwingers haven't proven that this bill is going to bring more debt, its political bullshat babbling to distract from the fact that they're tools for the health care companies.

Yeah, cause spending trillions of dollars we dont have is going to give us less debt.

Just like forcing insurance prices up isnt going to force insurance companies out of business, reduce the workforce of the insurance industry, and cost consumers more money for less benefits.

Apparently we need to start proving what's obvious to anyone who understands math and business despite over two centuries of evidence.

Too many people have suffered at the hands of some of these corrupt, greedy health insurance companies, whether it be by these companies refusing to pay for certain medical treatments and letting people die, jacking up their rates, there is no focking way any American should be supporting health insurance companies getting rich over taking care of the people. Germany has a similar health care system that insures all of its citizens get health care because they believe no one should have to get sick and die just because they lack big money.

If Palin and Bachmann are dumb and dumber, what would you call Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi? ........ :eusa_whistle:

It's all politics to you isnt it? It doesnt matter that we are bankrupt and the health care bill makes things worse for our health care sysem. All you care about is getting your power back.

Rather sad.

It appears that Fail&Won'tGo believes that America should 'take care' of him. Clearly, not a great supporter of the Constitution.

You're focking stupid as always, more stupid than Palin and Bachmann in a learning disability class, I support the Constitution every day, you and your shitty rightwinger asshats talk about it in politically charged, retarded rhetoric.
6th post of the thread and you're already out of gas......Typical liberal.
You will not be getting your taxpayer funded freebie. You will not get free medical care on my back.
Buy your own insurance. Don't demand I buy it for you.

Dems Growing Convinced That GOP Will Try To Force Shutdown Over Health Care Funds

Please do it, I hope they will try to force it at a time when public demand to repeal the ACA is dwindling, the GOP will lose their majority in the House.

This is exactly why the people voted Repubs in -to stop the funding as much as they can to stop this Health Care bill -115 billion alone to set up more government bureaucracy.
What part of we can not afford a new government program are they not getting?
The majority of the States can not afford this bill.

You're focking stupid as always, more stupid than Palin and Bachmann in a learning disability class, I support the Constitution every day, you and your shitty rightwinger asshats talk about it in politically charged, retarded rhetoric.

If you supported the Constitution, you would be opposed to any comprehensive health care legislation because the Constitution doesnt grant the Federal government with any power to regulate our health care. That's a state issue.

But you don't really have any clue what's in the Constitution.

Oh okay constitutional scholar, please quote exactly where the Congress can't make any laws for our healthcare. Or are you quoting the Articles of Confederation?

Yeah exactly, Congress can do that. And the Judge that ruled it unconstitutional was also taking money from the group contesting it and made a huge error in his opinion basically saying the Congress has no power.

But don't let facts get in the way of your irrational fears.

Forum List

Back