Dems Growing Convinced That GOP Will Try To Force Shutdown Over Health Care Funds

One trip to the Emergency room will cost at least $600. Your just not grasping the size and scope of the problem. Further, a Coop with no leadership is foolish. Who hires? How do you appeal a decision if there is no boss? How do you fire employees?

1. Yes, a $600 visit to the ER. Now how many of our 200,000,000 will go to the ER that month? How many will not go to the doctor at all? How many only once a year (or twice for women)? Works just like regular insurance without having to pay CEO's millions in bonuses. All money goes to care and the administrative cost, which would be negligible if you have a simple plan & procedure in place

2. Of course there would be leadership, the alternative would be anarchy. You could have an elected board or hell, could even vote on it every couple of years or so.

3. Not sure what you're asking about hiring and firing. A co-op would function just like a regular business. You do wrong, you get fired.

Last edited:
In Arkansas, 50% of all Doctors and Medical Facilities refuse to treat Medicaid recipients.

Additionally, 25% will NOT accept Medicare patients.

From my observations, those figures are reasonably close to what I observe here in Tennessee.

As more and more Medical Professionals refuse to accept Medicaid (Obamacare) patients, where will these people get care?

A: Same place as always..............the ER.

Then the ERs will close, vis a vis Mexifornia, due to bankruptcy and then where will the masses of Sheeple seek care?

Then the ERs will close, vis a vis Mexifornia, due to bankruptcy and then where will the masses of Sheeple seek care?

They won't. And you can go ahead and blame Big Agra and the meat monopolies for busing in illegals to work as slave labor. They even advertise jobs on the radio to illegals down in Mexico for jobs in the US, did you know that?

Last edited:
One trip to the Emergency room will cost at least $600. Your just not grasping the size and scope of the problem. Further, a Coop with no leadership is foolish. Who hires? How do you appeal a decision if there is no boss? How do you fire employees?

1. Yes, a $600 visit to the ER. Now how many of our 200,000,000 will go to the ER that month? How many will not go to the doctor at all? How many only once a year (or twice for women)? Works just like regular insurance without having to pay CEO's millions in bonuses. All money goes to care and the administrative cost, which would be negligible if you have a simple plan & procedure in place

2. Of course there would be leadership, the alternative would be anarchy. You could have an elected board or hell, could even vote on it every couple of years or so.

3. Not sure what you're asking about hiring and firing. A co-op would function just like a regular business. You do wrong, you get fired.

Whoa....

You are excluding reality my friend.

Are you aware of the abuses of the consumer NOW with insurance?

They go to the doctor for a headache if they have insurance with no deductable and little to no co-pay.

Check out this article in Forbes. Here's a little bit of it:

The first statistics are coming in and, to the surprise of a great many, Obamacare might just be working to bring health care to working Americans precisely as promised.

The major health insurance companies around the country are reporting a significant increase in small businesses offering health care benefits to their employees.

Why?

Because the tax cut created in the new health care reform law providing small businesses with an incentive to give health benefits to employees is working.

Whatever your particular ideology, there is simply no denying that these statistics are incredibly heartening. However, for those of you who cannot get past your opposition, even for a moment of universal good news, let’s break it down.

If you’re all about beating up on President Obama, you can conveniently forget this bit of data as if it never really happened. However, if your interest is to make health care available to more Americans, this should be a happy day for you – no matter what your ideological beliefs.

More Small Businesses Offering Health Care To Employees Thanks To Obamacare - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes

Please take the time to read this. I wish I could have posted all of it.

1. It means you used up your entire annual premium in one visit, for a relatively cheap service. If you need heart attack treatment, you just used up your lifetime premiums and ten other people.

2. Policy changes every couple of years? The medical field changes daily. You have a very inefficient system there pal.

3. A regular business has a CEO, but you think that is not necessary. Interesting.

They go to the doctor for a headache if they have insurance with no deductable and little to no co-pay.

A headache can signal an anyeurism, meningitis or a brain tumor. I think if you did some research and figured out how many people would be interested, you could come up with a really affordable premium amount. Like I said, money would pore in every month from each member, whether they use insurance or not. I think it could work. If we wrote a smart, simple plan, worked with doctors closely on cost and kept a reasonable administrative pool, I think it could be a viable option.

It means you used up your entire annual premium in one visit, for a relatively cheap service. If you need heart attack treatment, you just used up your lifetime premiums and ten other people.

So? That's why you have a large pool of people. You pay your dues so that you have this necessary service when (and if) you need it. It's just like the insurance you currently have. Did I pay enough in for my knee surgery in one year? No, I did not. MANY people use more insurance than they pay in in a year.

A regular business has a CEO, but you think that is not necessary. Interesting.

I was thinking more along the lines of an elected board... do you guys not deal with co-ops ever???

lol...obviosuly you dont.

Of 9,11,13,15 or whatever number on a co-op board, there are susually 9,11,13,15 or whatever number of opinions and agendae.

A headache can signal an anyeurism, meningitis or a brain tumor. I think if you did some research and figured out how many people would be interested, you could come up with a really affordable premium amount. Like I said, money would pore in every month from each member, whether they use insurance or not. I think it could work. If we wrote a smart, simple plan, worked with doctors closely on cost and kept a reasonable administrative pool, I think it could be a viable option.

You go to the doctor everytime you have a headache?

If not, then why did you throw in that whole anyeurism, meningitis brain tumor crap?

To spin what I said?

Why? You not confident enough in your position to debate it without spin?

Of 9,11,13,15 or whatever number on a co-op board, there are susually 9,11,13,15 or whatever number of opinions and agendae.

That's why you have them there... to vote on policy if needed, however, if you begin with a straightforward, simple plan, there won't be a whole lot to vote on other than keeping the co-op running smoothly and listening to feedback from doctors and policy holders. We tend to make things much more complicated than need be, most of the time.

Of course not, and neither do 99.999% of Americans. If you have a headache bad enough and long enough to schedule an appointment, something is usually wrong.

That's why you have them there... to vote on policy if needed, however, if you begin with a straightforward, simple plan, there won't be a whole lot to vote on other than keeping the co-op running smoothly and listening to feedback from doctors and policy holders. We tend to make things much more complicated than need be, most of the time.

I agree....we do tend to make things more complicated.

But the "we" are going to be those people on the board.

So what makes you think they will be the few that dont tend to make things more complicated?

Your theory is noble....but it is not practical.

It is assuming a perfect world.

Of course not, and neither do 99.999% of Americans. If you have a headache bad enough and long enough to schedule an appointment, something is usually wrong.

Thats where you are wrong. Many people go to the doctor simply because they have a headache and it does not cost them anything to go if they have insurance and no co pay.

Your theory is noble....but it is not practical.

It is assuming a perfect world.

Why? The only thing different from regular private insurance is profit, politics and confusion. Why is it not practical? I think it is very practical and very sane.

Thats where you are wrong. Many people go to the doctor simply because they have a headache and it does not cost them anything to go if they have insurance and no co pay.

Oh come on, no they don't. I have never, ever heard of anyone doing this. It's not worth the co-pay and the hassle of going to the doctor, taking time off work to do so, etc. Give me a break. You'll have to do better than that for an abuse example.

Oh come on, no they don't. I have never, ever heard of anyone doing this. It's not worth the co-pay and the hassle of going to the doctor, taking time off work to do so, etc. Give me a break. You'll have to do better than that for an abuse example.

The fact that you are so adamant about something that you are so wrong about is concerning. When you do a little research about a topic you cliam to be so knowledgeable about, then we can debate the topic.

You are foolish to have such faith in people. People game the game all day long...and when it comes to insurance? They game it more than any other industry.

You are aware that union contracts say that as long as you have a note from a doctor saying you visited the office, you are enbtitled to take the day? You know, the unbion contracts that also offer benefitws with little or NO co pay?

Do some research then get back to me.

The fact that you are so adamant about something that you are so wrong about is concerning. When you do a little research about a topic you cliam to be so knowledgeable about, then we can debate the topic.

You are foolish to have such faith in people. People game the game all day long...and when it comes to insurance? They game it more than any other industry.

You are aware that union contracts say that as long as you have a note from a doctor saying you visited the office, you are enbtitled to take the day? You know, the unbion contracts that also offer benefitws with little or NO co pay?

Do some research then get back to me.

Really, you're going to complain about people going to the doctor and then taking the day off? First off, that is money the employer is out, not the insurance company. Second, what percentage of people are in unions? I live in NYC and no of NO ONE who is in a unionized company. Third, want to talk about games and abuses? Why don't you ask people whose lives have been devastated by insurance companies dropping them when they get sick, or dragging things out in court until the patient dies. You want to talk about dirty tricks? I'll bet I can find more at the corporate level than the policyholder level. What I can't get is why you trust a whole industry of dirty parasitic corporations... Maybe if YOU did a little research...

Forum List

Back