Dems Busing in People for Obama Speech

In 2008, Obama easily filled an 84.000 stadium in Denver to give his acceptance speech. Today, it sounds like they are hard pressed to fill a smaller one and are having to bus people in from throughout North and South Carolina. Quite telling.

Dems bring in crowds by the busload to fill stadium for Obama speech | Fox News

How is bussing people in a bad thing? Explain please.

Never said it was.

So, bussing people in is NOT a bad thing. OK, that was the point of your OP. Bravo. :eusa_clap:

Greenville, NC is about three hours away from Charlotte. The population of Charlotte is 751,087 as of 2011.

Idiot much, Huggy?

I just hope those KKK murderers show up from Greenville.

I suppose anything is possible. The KKK were Democrats, after all.

"were" being the operative word. Were they Obama voters in 2008? Geez, even Ted Sampley (look it up) supported McCain in that election.

How is bussing people in a bad thing? Explain please.

Never said it was.

So, bussing people in is NOT a bad thing. OK, that was the point of your OP. Bravo. :eusa_clap:

I think you mean BUSING (you're driving me nuts with the double s), and no, it's not a bad thing in of itself, but they apparently feel they have to do it otherwise they won't fill the stadium. They didn't have that fear at a larger stadium in 2008, but this year they fell they must bus people in from out of state and give away free tickets at Atlanta bars. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Really, this point has been made multiple times already and nobody will address it.

Jesus man, put down the hooka for five minutes.... He's pointing out the glaring drop in exuberance over Obama over the last four years.

No doubt "exuberance" is down. However, we're comparing a convention in a state he won by 9 points to one being held in a state he won by 0.3 points in 2008.

That has what to do with anything?

What the fuck does whining about people deciding to ride share have to do with anything?

Four Years to Life in a Minimum Security Prison Might not be too bad for Him, considering. :D

Never said it was.

I think you mean BUSING (you're driving me nuts with the double s), and no, it's not a bad thing in of itself, but they apparently feel they have to do it otherwise they won't fill the stadium. They didn't have that fear at a larger stadium in 2008, but this year they fell they must bus people in from out of state and give away free tickets at Atlanta bars. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Really, this point has been made multiple times already and nobody will address it.

Except you have no evidence that people wouldn't have gone, if they weren't given the opportunity to lower their carbon footprint? That's a pretty stupid perspective.

In 2008, Obama easily filled an 84.000 stadium in Denver to give his acceptance speech. Today, it sounds like they are hard pressed to fill a smaller one and are having to bus people in from throughout North and South Carolina. Quite telling.

Pop Greenville NC 86,000 .... Denver...620,000 Idiot much Bro?

People travel outside of their own towns and states to see sporting events and concerts all the time. I believe it is you who is the idiot

You are the idiot grampy. Even rich people that have the nicest cars and SUVs take buses to football games and other large events BECAUSE it is way more convenient! You don't have to park a couple of miles from the event.

You are NOTHING if not a stupid hack echo of newGOPer nonsense.

No doubt "exuberance" is down. However, we're comparing a convention in a state he won by 9 points to one being held in a state he won by 0.3 points in 2008.

That has what to do with anything?

What the fuck does whining about people deciding to ride share have to do with anything?

The only whiny posts I've seen in the thread are from you, and you're doing it endlessly. Can't you just make your points without whining about it?

Looks like even the Dems realize that Obama isn't able to draw the same crowds he did in 2008. Gee, I wonder why?

Anything short of a full house on the final night of the Democratic Party's national convention will be instant fodder for Republicans eager to use empty seats as symbols of waning voter enthusiasm for Obama.

Democrats have been fretting for months over whether the president can draw a capacity crowd at Bank of America Stadium. Polls show voter enthusiasm is down, as are Obama's crowds for his battleground state campaign rallies.

This time around, Obama's crowds are far smaller. He drew his biggest audience at his campaign kick-off rally in May, a 14,000-person crowd at Ohio State University. About 13,000 people attended Obama's rally at the University of Colorado in Boulder Sunday.

The campaign says the size of Obama's events this summer have purposely been kept low.

Pop Greenville NC 86,000 .... Denver...620,000 Idiot much Bro?

People travel outside of their own towns and states to see sporting events and concerts all the time. I believe it is you who is the idiot

You are the idiot grampy. Even rich people that have the nicest cars and SUVs take buses to football games and other large events BECAUSE it is way more convenient! You don't have to park a couple of miles from the event.

You are NOTHING if not a stupid hack echo of newGOPer nonsense.

Spoken like a true duffus. I've been to hundreds of events in many states and I've never once traveled by bus.

Funny thing though. If the RNC had bussed in thousands of church goers you all would be screaming about how the religious right is trying to control things.

You're so transparent

And people are standing in line to get on those buses. Wish I lived close enough.

Who is whining?

So your idiotic exaggerated drama wasn't whining about ride sharing?

Yea how terrible that Dems practice what they preach. Like ride share and conserving gasoline. Yea I can see where that would cause consternation among Rethugs.

Why one time even Americans rode buses every day. Some all the way to Washington for protests and such.

yeah, I'm so fucking sure THAT is why they are doing it. Nothing to do with Obama not being able to fill arenas like he did in 2008, huh :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back