Democrats will be 100% responsible for a shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GOP's position is so hard to defend it really shows how out of touch with reality they are.

It was negotiated.

Insurance Exchanges - Republican Idea
Tax Breaks - Republican Idea
Having it be private insurance based, as opposed to creating single-payer Gov't insurance - Republican Idea
The Individual Mandate - Republican Idea.

Just because they hated Obama and were unwilling to Vote on even their own Amendment ideas does not mean that they weren't negotiated with.

AGAIN I ASK: Why did the Democrats not pass the Democrat party's Gov't based single-payer system? Because they felt like it?

Including what you believe was a Republican idea doesn't mean that you are negotiating. It means you are including an idea, whether it was wanted or not. The only neotiating that was done was to get the support of moderate Democrats to obtain a filibuster-proof bill in the Senate.

Actually, of course it does.

The Republicans were getting appeased in hopes that some of them would vote for it because the Dems lost SuperMajority and it was going to be really close.

The fact that it wasn't a single payer system is a negotiation in and of itself.

And the fact that they were Republican ideas is not my "opinion," where these ideas came from is an established record that you could spend four to seven minutes on google learning, if you cared to.

Hell, I'll even give you the decade in which these ideas were publicized by the GOP: The 90's.

Start there. Read up on all of the Healthcare negotiations btwn Newt, Heritage and the Clintons. Start there.

End, in Massachussetts.

It was negotiated.

Having it be private insurance based, as opposed to creating single-payer Gov't insurance - Republican Idea

Just because they hated Obama and were unwilling to Vote on even their own Amendment ideas does not mean that they weren't negotiated with.

AGAIN I ASK: Why did the Democrats not pass the Democrat party's Gov't based single-payer system? Because they felt like it?

Including what you believe was a Republican idea doesn't mean that you are negotiating. It means you are including an idea, whether it was wanted or not. The only neotiating that was done was to get the support of moderate Democrats to obtain a filibuster-proof bill in the Senate.

The Republicans were getting appeased in hopes that some of them would vote for it because the Dems lost SuperMajority and it was going to be really close.

The fact that it wasn't a single payer system is a negotiation in and of itself.

And the fact that they were Republican ideas is not my "opinion," where these ideas came from is an established record that you could spend four to seven minutes on google learning, if you cared to.

That's like saying since the purse thief didn't also steal your car even though he had the keys he was doing you a favor or looking out for you.

It was negotiated.

So, your problem is that you don't understand what "negotiate" means and think that decree and negotiation is the same thing.

No point in taking you seriuosly.

That's like saying since the purse thief didn't also steal your car even though he had the keys he was doing you a favor or looking out for you.

Umm, no, it's like saying that the healthcare bill was negotiated.

and debated publically too for 6 and 1/2 hours.

and despite the meat and potatoes of the bill having been dreamt up by the Republicans and their Sponsored think tank in the 90's and led by Newt Gingrich, and later implemented by R Gov. Mitt Romney in Massachussetts.................

you're saying that the Dems didn't negotiate.

on a republican dreamt up bill, where zero republicans voted for it.

I mean, what are the odds...............do they share the same exact brain, the lot of them? or was their goal not based on the issue itself, but more-so "don't cooperate with POTUS NO MATTER WHAT?"

It takes only common sense.

What a shitty Country.

So, your problem is that you don't understand what "negotiate" means and think that decree and negotiation is the same thing.

:cuckoo:

Well, if it makes the GOP happy to blame the shutdown on Democrats, let them enjoy their fantasy. It really doesn't matter one way or the other. The GOP is going to lose this battle, and moderates of both parties are going to blame the GOP. The Tea Party, which is already a loose cannon on the GOP ship is going to start rolling arolound in this storm, and could very well sink their ship. Personally, I think that the Senate should just go home and watch the fun on TV as the House rearranges the chairs on the Titanic. Tourist business is going to be hit hard. No passports for trips to the Carribean. No National Park visits. Empty mom and pop motels and restaurants. ACA will continue to move forward, and a million federal employees will stay home and get paid anyway. Gun sales through dealers will stop. No permits will be issued. No FHA mortgages for home purchases. Garbage won't be picked up in DC. The military personell will be paid with IOU's.

With any kind of luck at all, there could be a formal split in the GOP. I actually feel sorry for Boehner.

It's not hard to understand why many on the right in the Country go around hating shadows all day long. The degree of misinformation is actually kinda scary.

But then..............you look at the left and see that it's not much better.

Oh well, be your own man is what I say.

You neglected to tell the whole story. Let me correct one of your sentences: No matter how many times you lie about it, the GOP has already voted to keep government open IF Obama agrees to gut the ACA.[/B]
Here is a little history for you;
Ronald Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times. Each of those 18 times both Democrats and Republicans sent Reagan a CLEAN BILL with no political agenda attached to it. Do you see the difference between then and now? In the past republicans were concerned with doing what was right for the country (COUNTRY FIRST). Today the republican party is only concerned about what is best for the republican party (PARTY FIRST).

:cuckoo:

I didn't want to call you names, but I thank you for self-identifying yourself as cuckoo.

You neglected to tell the whole story. Let me correct one of your sentences: No matter how many times you lie about it, the GOP has already voted to keep government open IF Obama agrees to gut the ACA.[/B]
Here is a little history for you;
Ronald Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times. Each of those 18 times both Democrats and Republicans sent Reagan a CLEAN BILL with no political agenda attached to it. Do you see the difference between then and now? In the past republicans were concerned with doing what was right for the country (COUNTRY FIRST). Today the republican party is only concerned about what is best for the republican party (PARTY FIRST).

Wrong thread. This thread isn't about the debt ceiling.

You know, if you think about it, what the GOP is saying is, "If you don't delay ACA for a year, we are going to give a million federal employees and unlimited paid vacation".

Yeah, THAT soulds like a plan! But why stop there? Why not also threaten to give them a raise as well? It makes just as much sense!

Republicans will be 100% responsible for shut down.

Again, if I were Harry Reid, I'd caucus with my party, tell them to increase Obamacare to cover dental and visual and eldercare, send that to the House and let them vote against it...

The match is already over; the GOP lost...so why not spike the football?

The house is elected to do the peoples bidding. Stop whining about what they are doing. You morons are always going on and on about elections having consequences. Reap them then

So why won't Boehner allow a House vote on the clean bill, and thus demonstrate what the people's will actually is?

Oh, that's right, because the clean bill would pass, with all the Democrats and a few Republicans voting for it.

So, there's a house minority openly blocking the people's will now. And you support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back