Democrats will be 100% responsible for a shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hostage takers?

Turn your TV off, seriously

GOP: "DEFUND/DELAY ACA OR WE WON'T FUND THE GOVERNMENT!!!"

That is hostage taking by any approach at all. All that's missing is a cartoon of an elephant holding a gun to uncle sam's head.

Hyperbole is fun huh?

Today's word is honesty, and it's certainly not sponsored by the left.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/im...9/11/rel8g.pdf

Question 13
If the federal government shuts down, do you
think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in Congress
would be more responsible for that?

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

CNN Poll: Who would get blamed for government shutdown? http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...who-would-get-blamed-for-government-shutdown/

If the government shuts down, the Republicans in Congress may take more of the blame: 44 percent of Americans say they would blame the Republicans in Congress more if there is a partial shutdown of the federal government on Oct. 1, while fewer - 35 percent - would put more of the blame on Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress. Sixteen percent volunteer that they would blame both sides equally.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/im.../30/rel10a.pdf

15. If the federal government shuts down, do you think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in
Congress would be more responsible for that?

Sept. 27-29 2013
Obama 36%
Republicans in Congress 46%
Both (vol.) 13%
Neither (vol.) 2%
No opinion 2%

Four different polls suggest someone else will be taking blame :)

Last edited:
I'm aware of who will likely take the fall but I know the truth. Bottom line I don't care cause as long as the gop stand their damn ground defunding this garbage legislation is more important than some temporary political fallout

The house is elected to do the peoples bidding. Stop whining about what they are doing. You morons are always going on and on about elections having consequences. Reap them then

I don't usually take sides, but this clearly falls at the feet of the Republicans.

They're conflating a Legislative goal with the funding of ALREADY passed legislation, and appropriations.

I don't understand how the bill to fund the already legally passed bills is the appropriate hostage for promoting your agenda I mean - it's a really ugly tactic.

They are forcing it in the hopes that the gop gets the blame and they cake walk back into control of the house. Party over country.....

Any rational person who's exposed to the facts of the matter can see that the democrooks are being obstinate, and are refusing to give up on a shitty program that was passed in spite of massive opposition through legislative chicanery. I hope they pay dearly for it in the next 2 election cycles.

The house is elected to do the peoples bidding. Stop whining about what they are doing. You morons are always going on and on about elections having consequences. Reap them then

Normally I would have respect for a party that won a majority...but the house's GOP majority is only attained and maintained through Gerrymandering. Proven by the fact that in 2012 Democrats won 1.3 million more votes for house members then the GOP, but the GOP still held control of 54% of house seats.

Congress put forth a bill that funds all of government except for Obamalamacare.. and the Senate won't approve.. this is on the Senate

Or even negotiate. The democrats want everything and if they dont get it they will blame republicans via the media. Which I must say, as narcissistic as it is, it's a successful blame game for democrats. They've been doing it for 13 years straight without many hiccups.

And as other democrat supporters here will say, the dems don't negotiate with "hostage takers" or "terrorists".

it's an effective campaign tool for them int he face of so many uninformed, ignorant and low information voters. Most people do not follow much over a few talking points in the media, so they will believe what they are told via the media. Who will drum over and over again that it is the republicans, who passed a bill to fund the government, who are to blame.

This is how the Democrats work. It's brilliant. It might be a weazel of a move, but it is still brilliant from a low information voter standpoint. They will buy it.

I don't usually take sides, but this clearly falls at the feet of the Republicans.

They're conflating a Legislative goal with the funding of ALREADY passed legislation, and appropriations.

I don't understand how the bill to fund the already legally passed bills is the appropriate hostage for promoting your agenda I mean - it's a really ugly tactic.

DOMA was legally passed legislation that Obama refused to enforce. I thinkthis issue is par for the course for our dysfunctional government.

It's a weasel move to not fund a bill you already allowed to pass, and in fact doing so by taking the entire Federal Government hostage as opposed to, you know, defunding it on its own merits if they can gather the appropriate Votes and support.

The Democrats are being obtuse for not negotiating an already passed Law? I really don't think so. I think they're standing up to obstruction, and rightly so. And I'd also blame them, if and when they do this same thing while in a minority situation.

Last edited:
What's funny is hearing Obama whine to reporters about a budget not being passed by the gop when neither he nor the senate have passed a fucking budget since taking office.

Such disingenuous bullshit and the media and public eat it up like pigs at the trough

It's a weasel move to not fund a bill you already allowed to pass, and in fact doing so by taking the entire Federal Government hostage as opposed to, you know, defunding it on its own merits if they can gather the appropriate Votes and support.

The Democrats are being obtuse for not negotiating an already passed Law? I really don't think so. I think they're standing up to obstruction, and rightly so. And I'd also blame them, if and when they do this same thing while in a minority situation.

Would you not also say that the way this law was passed to begin with was "weasely"?

Tit for tat

What's funny is hearing Obama whine to reporters about a budget not being passed by the gop when neither he nor the senate have passed a fucking budget since taking office.

Such disingenuous bullshit and the media and public eat it up like pigs at the trough

The whole not passing a budget canard is literally a canard.

The Republicans aren't to blame for not passing a budget.

Nobody is - except for the system itself.

The system is designed as such that an official budget doesn't need to be passed so long as the funds are appropriated for all open obligations (which in reality is the same exact thing as a budget).

So, I'm not sure who was "duped" by the media. Or who really doesn't understand how the Gov't works.

Would you not also say that the way this law was passed to begin with was "weasely"?

Tit for tat

No, not really.

The whole lie about how the Republicans weren't allowed any input was a lie.

How so?

Well, half the bill is fucking Republican ideas, for starters.

And I don't know if you missed it - but the "behind closed doors" thing was pretty much fake at the point when Obama sat down all by his lonesome at a round-table full of republicans and discussed the bill for 6 and a half hours. And - it was televised.

I'm not endorsing the bill completely, myself - but the way that it passed is a lot different than the way Republicans say that they remember it.

Last edited:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Senator Barack Obama, March 20, 2006

What they are standing up to is that they will not compromise at all on funding Liz Fowler's healthcare "program" known as Obama Tax. The only "negotiations they are willing to work through are deomcrat support base negotiations for exemption from Obama Tax.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

What they are standing up to is that they will not compromise at all on funding Liz Fowler's healthcare "program" known as Obama Tax. The only "negotiations they are willing to work through are deomcrat support base negotiations for exemption from Obama Tax.

You're being dishonest by saying:

Republicans wont agree to anything that FUNDS Obamacare.

But are supposedly open to negotiating?

It's the SAME EXACT THING as the Democrats won't negotiate on NOT FUNDING IT.

But you take one side over the other and buy the canard that one side is "not negotiating."

Tell me which part of "we will not fund Obamacare no matter what" is an open negotiation?

And yes, Obama is a hypocrite. Congratulations. Go tell all of his gleeful supporters.

But you take one side over the other and buy the canard that one side is "not negotiating."

Tell me which part of "we will not fund Obamacare no matter what" is an open negotiation?

And yes, Obama is a hypocrite. Congratulations. Go tell all of his gleeful supporters.

So what you're saying, is both sides are to "blame" for the failure to pass a debt ceiling increase? Alright. I'm glad you're one of the sane ones.

So what you're saying, is both sides are to "blame" for the failure to pass a debt ceiling increase? Alright. I'm glad you're one of the sane ones.

No, I'm saying that I don't think that the passing of the debt ceiling or the funding of the Government is the correct time to debate already passed legislation, and doing so is - as you say - a "weasel" move, in my opinion.

I also wouldn't like it if the shoes were reversed.

No, I'm saying that I don't think that the passing of the debt ceiling or the funding of the Government is the correct time to debate already passed legislation, and doing so is - as you say - a "weasel" move, in my opinion.

I also wouldn't like it if the shoes were reversed.

So only one party of no compromise has to fit the blame for a "government shutdown"?
I disagree. Republicans who are involved in defunding Obama Tax are actually doing the work of their constituency.

On the other hand, Obama and the Dem controlled senate are acting on behalf of their corporatist partners who authoried the bill in question. Only Dem supporters can be waived from Obama Tax.

How very quaint.

:eusa_shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back