Dem Congress Falls To 23% Approval

interesting polling numbers out today on pollingreport.com...

NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll conducted by the polling organizations of Peter Hart (D) and Neil Newhouse (R). June 8-11, 2007. N=1,008 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3.1.

"Now I'm going to read you the names of several public figures and organizations, and I'd like you to rate your feelings toward each one as either very positive, somewhat positive, neutral, somewhat negative, or very negative. If you don't know the name, please just say so. The Republican Party."

6/8-11/07

Very Positive 7
Somewhat Positive 21
Neutral 21
Somewhat Negative 23
Very Negative 26
Unsure 2

http://www.pollingreport.com/institut2.htm#Republicans

NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll conducted by the polling organizations of Peter Hart (D) and Neil Newhouse (R). June 8-11, 2007. N=1,008 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3.1.

"Now I'm going to read you the names of several public figures and organizations, and I'd like you to rate your feelings toward each one as either very positive, somewhat positive, neutral, somewhat negative, or very negative. If you don't know the name, please just say so. The Democratic Party."

6/8-11/07

Very Positive 12
Somewhat Positive 30
Neutral 22
Somewhat Negative 19
Very Negative 16
Unsure 1

http://www.pollingreport.com/institut2.htm#Democrats

How will RSR spin this, I wonder?

Not surprising considering Dems want surrender, higher taxes, government run health care, government oversight of CEO pay, wanting to force oil companies in investing in new forms of energy, and dictating how much companies must spend on employee healh plans or they pay the government the difference

I'll agree with the higher taxes and government health care part. They certainly didn't do the democrats any good when they pushed them in 1992-1994, and they got smacked down for the first time in 40 years in the 1994 elections when the republicans brought out the contract with america.

I'll agree with the higher taxes and government health care part. They certainly didn't do the democrats any good when they pushed them in 1992-1994, and they got smacked down for the first time in 40 years in the 1994 elections when the republicans brought out the contract with america.

Why should taxes be raised?

The top 25% of earners are already paying 85% of all Federal income taxes

When you add in state, local, property, sales, and excise taxes they are paying over 50% of their income in taxes

interesting polling numbers out today on pollingreport.com...

"Now I'm going to read you the names of several public figures and organizations, and I'd like you to rate your feelings toward each one as either very positive, somewhat positive, neutral, somewhat negative, or very negative. If you don't know the name, please just say so. The Republican Party."

6/8-11/07

Very Positive 7
Somewhat Positive 21
Neutral 21
Somewhat Negative 23
Very Negative 26
Unsure 2

http://www.pollingreport.com/institut2.htm#Republicans

"Now I'm going to read you the names of several public figures and organizations, and I'd like you to rate your feelings toward each one as either very positive, somewhat positive, neutral, somewhat negative, or very negative. If you don't know the name, please just say so. The Democratic Party."

6/8-11/07

Very Positive 12
Somewhat Positive 30
Neutral 22
Somewhat Negative 19
Very Negative 16
Unsure 1

http://www.pollingreport.com/institut2.htm#Democrats

How will RSR spin this, I wonder?

when he can't spin, he just runs away!:rofl:

one poll? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you have been running away from polls showing republicans with worse ratings than democrats for months!

one poll. Oh, that is RICH!:rofl:

You deny the two month slide.

Every poll that has come out has shown the Dem Congress going down

Of cousre to you, only Republicans are to blame

You deny the two month slide.

Every poll that has come out has shown the Dem Congress going down

Of cousre to you, only Republicans are to blame

I do not deny that congress has slid in the last two months.

It is YOU who refuse to acknowledge the fact that regardless of how the public's opinion of congress has slipped, the public has a higher opinion of congressional democrats than it does for congressional republicans....and the public has a higher opinion of the democratic PARTY than it does of the republican party.

I do not deny that congress has slid in the last two months.

It is YOU who refuse to acknowledge the fact that regardless of how the public's opinion of congress has slipped, the public has a higher opinion of congressional democrats than it does for congressional republicans....and the public has a higher opinion of the democratic PARTY than it does of the republican party.

So if Dems are doing the will of the people - why are their numbers "slipping" (more like plunging)

When did Bush/Cheney's numbers drop below Reid/Pelosi's?

I never said they did. I have shown you for two months now that the democrats in congress have a higher approval rating than the republicans in congress....and you cannot ever address that point.

try.

I never said they did. I have shown you for two months now that the democrats in congress have a higher approval rating than the republicans in congress....and you cannot ever address that point.

try.

Lets see, 47% when they took office in Jan

Now at 23% in June

Nice trend for the Dems - I hope they keep up the good work

Lets see, 47% when they took office in Jan

Now at 23% in June

that is the rating for congress. Not the democrats IN congress. I have shown you poll after poll that shows that the public has a HIGHER opinion of the democrats in congress than they do the republicans in congress.

explain that.

that is the rating for congress. Not the democrats IN congress. I have shown you poll after poll that shows that the public has a HIGHER opinion of the democrats in congress than they do the republicans in congress.

explain that.

Poll after poll?

Try 2 or 3

I have a half page of falling pol numbers for the Dem Congress

By July 4, they dem Congress may be in the teens

Forum List

Back