Dem Congress Falls To 23% Approval

Tim Russert Agrees Liberal Bloggers Are Pushing Democrats to the Left
Posted by Noel Sheppard on June 16, 2007 - 20:10.
Something interesting is happening between the new and old media: the more Democrats move to the left to please liberal bloggers, the more mainstream press members express disdain.

On Wednesday, following in the footsteps of the Washington Post’s David Broder and Time’s Joe Klein, and just days before Democrat strategist Bob Beckel, NBC’s Tim Russert jumped on the “Netroots Are A Danger to Democrats” bandwagon.

Appearing on Fox News’ “Hannity & Colmes,” Russert seemed incredibly at ease with both co-hosts as he made statements that had to shock conservative and liberal viewers alike.

Tim Russert Agrees Liberal Bloggers Are Pushing Democrats to the Left
Posted by Noel Sheppard on June 16, 2007 - 20:10.
Something interesting is happening between the new and old media: the more Democrats move to the left to please liberal bloggers, the more mainstream press members express disdain.

On Wednesday, following in the footsteps of the Washington Post’s David Broder and Time’s Joe Klein, and just days before Democrat strategist Bob Beckel, NBC’s Tim Russert jumped on the “Netroots Are A Danger to Democrats” bandwagon.

Appearing on Fox News’ “Hannity & Colmes,” Russert seemed incredibly at ease with both co-hosts as he made statements that had to shock conservative and liberal viewers alike.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13515

Keep pushing them MM - keep pushing.

Democrat Strategist: Liberal Bloggers Have 'Much Too Much Influence Over' Harry Reid
Posted by Noel Sheppard on June 16, 2007 - 13:42.
Here’s something you don’t see every day: a Democrat strategist chiding a senior Democrat official, and claiming that liberal bloggers have “much too much influence over” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada).

Yet, that’s what happened Saturday when Fox News' Catherine Herridge invited Democrat strategist Bob Beckel and Republican strategist Rich Galen on to discuss recent events on Capitol Hill.

BOB BECKEL, DEMOCRAT STRATEGIST: Well, that’s the thing that’s amazing to me. There’s no such thing as a private phone call, anyway, let alone with a bunch of bloggers. There’s something about Harry Reid and the left of bloggers that has gotten, there’s a marriage gone on there. I mean, frankly I think they got much too much influence over him. And the idea that he thought he could get away with saying that and it’s not going to get out is crazy.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13508

Does that mean you will not vote for her? (she will be the Dems choice)

Another John Kerry except in a dress - a northeastern liberal

As far as the keg joke - lightn up. Libs need a sense of humor. Here you are set to nominate another liberal elitist - who you will vote for BTW MM. Who says libs can't take a joke?

Does this post mean that if a republican you do not have complete confidence in gets nominated YOU won't vote for him? Not preferring a candidate and opposing one are two different kettles of fish. I do not like several of the republican candidates but the only one I might pause before voting for is Mc Cain, and even then when I look at the dem candidates I think Mc Cain would still be better from my point of view.

Does that mean you will not vote for her? (she will be the Dems choice)

Another John Kerry except in a dress - a northeastern liberal

As far as the keg joke - lightn up. Libs need a sense of humor. Here you are set to nominate another liberal elitist - who you will vote for BTW MM. Who says libs can't take a joke?

Of course I will vote for Hillary if she is the nominee...and you will vote for Rudy if he is your nominee..... as you apparently hope he will be. That would seem to me that you want to have the choice between a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro gun control New York moderate with an overworked, yet diseased penis and a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro gun control New York moderate with a rarely used vagina. Either way, it will be the end of the conservative republican reagan gingrich revolution... and it can't come a day too soon for my tastes.

I can take a joke. I just don't laugh at really stupid ones. What I really would like to see, however, rather than a much needed marked improvement in your comedic style, would be a marked improvement in your ability to answer questions and quit running away from anything and everything that does not fit into your pre-scripted world of Rush one liners.

Does this post mean that if a republican you do not have complete confidence in gets nominated YOU won't vote for him? Not preferring a candidate and opposing one are two different kettles of fish. I do not like several of the republican candidates but the only one I might pause before voting for is Mc Cain, and even then when I look at the dem candidates I think Mc Cain would still be better from my point of view.

So far, the Republican candidates I like, are on the same page on the issues that mean the most to me

McCain is now McDone - do not wory about him

Of course I will vote for Hillary if she is the nominee...and you will vote for Rudy if he is your nominee..... as you apparently hope he will be. That would seem to me that you want to have the choice between a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro gun control New York moderate with an overworked, yet diseased penis and a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro gun control New York moderate with a rarely used vagina. Either way, it will be the end of the conservative republican reagan gingrich revolution... and it can't come a day too soon for my tastes.

I can take a joke. I just don't laugh at really stupid ones. What I really would like to see, however, rather than a much needed marked improvement in your comedic style, would be a marked improvement in your ability to answer questions and quit running away from anything and everything that does not fit into your pre-scripted world of Rush one liners.

If the person has a "D" at the end of their name - they will have your vote no matter how many times the slandered the troops, pushed for surrender, uttered racist statements, and how much money they made on the side

If the person has a "D" at the end of their name - they will have your vote no matter how many times the slandered the troops, pushed for surrender, uttered racist statements, and how much money they made on the side

I vote for democrats, but there are limits.

No democrat that I ever voted for has, to my knowledge, uttered a racist statement.

No democrat has ever pushed for surrender, so that will never be a problem for me.

No democrat that I know of has ever SLANDERED the troops, although many have rightfully criticized the military's mission in Iraq, and have criticized individual service members for inappropriate and/or illegal behavior. If it is the truth, it is not, by definition, slander.

And I see absolutely nothing wrong with legally making as much money as you can. Do you know of any democrats that I might ever be asked to vote for that made money illegally?

I vote for democrats, but there are limits.

No democrat that I ever voted for has, to my knowledge, uttered a racist statement.

No democrat has ever pushed for surrender, so that will never be a problem for me.

No democrat that I know of has ever SLANDERED the troops, although many have rightfully criticized the military's mission in Iraq, and have criticized individual service members for inappropriate and/or illegal behavior. If it is the truth, it is not, by definition, slander.

And I see absolutely nothing wrong with legally making as much money as you can. Do you know of any democrats that I might ever be asked to vote for that made money illegally?

My how you can turn a blind eye to the facts, Dems are pushing for surredner, Kerry, Kennedy, Durbin, and others have slanderd the troops, The racist comments from your Dem party are many, and currently many Dems have ethcis issues

All of that is ignored by you

I do hope the Dems keep doing such a fine job

Democratic Congress shows cracks
By Donald Lambro
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 18, 2007

Republican campaign strategists and independent election analysts say that after five months of contentious House Democratic rule, the Republican Party's once-bleak congressional prospects for 2008 have markedly improved.
The Democratic Congress' job approval score is now worse than President Bush's, plummeting to 23 percent, a drop of eight points since April. House Democrats have been forced to retreat in the face of a furious assault by Republicans on pork-barrel spending, an issue that hurt the Republican Party in November. And Republican recruiting has produced plenty of candidates eyeing weak Democratic freshmen in Republican-leaning districts that swept them into office last year.
"Republican recruiting seems to be progressing at a reasonable pace. GOP strategists have about half a dozen seats that they know the party should never have lost ... and eight of the nine most vulnerable House seats currently are held by Democrats," elections analyst Stu Rothenberg wrote last week in his Political Report newsletter.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20070617-115222-5077r.htm

Dems continue to fall in the polls

http://galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27937

keep running away from the abysmal numbers for congressional republicans.

Sorry to break the news to you MM

Republicans and Democrats vary little in their overall approval of Congress, with 29% of Democrats and 24% of Republicans saying they approve of the job Congress is doing. Independents' approval is at 19%.

Before the Democratic takeover earlier this year, congressional job approval ratings were much higher among Republicans than among independents or Democrats. After the Democrats assumed power, rank-and-file Democrats became more likely than independents or Republicans to approve of Congress. Democrats' ratings have gradually declined in the past few months, falling from 43% in April to 37% in May and to 29% this month. At the same time, Republicans' ratings have held fairly stable, in the mid-20% range. Independents' ratings have also declined over this period of time.

Sorry to break the news to you MM

Republicans and Democrats vary little in their overall approval of Congress, with 29% of Democrats and 24% of Republicans saying they approve of the job Congress is doing. Independents' approval is at 19%.

Before the Democratic takeover earlier this year, congressional job approval ratings were much higher among Republicans than among independents or Democrats. After the Democrats assumed power, rank-and-file Democrats became more likely than independents or Republicans to approve of Congress. Democrats' ratings have gradually declined in the past few months, falling from 43% in April to 37% in May and to 29% this month. At the same time, Republicans' ratings have held fairly stable, in the mid-20% range. Independents' ratings have also declined over this period of time.

you refuse to understand the difference between asking democrats and republicans what they think of CONGRESS on one hand, and asking the public what they think of the democrats and the republicans IN congress on the other hand. I realize the distinction is a bit fine for someone with the intellect of an asparagus stalk, but there really is one.

you refuse to understand the difference between asking democrats and republicans what they think of CONGRESS on one hand, and asking the public what they think of the democrats and the republicans IN congress on the other hand. I realize the distinction is a bit fine for someone with the intellect of an asparagus stalk, but there really is one.

I understand your arrogrance has turned to deperation and spin

New Gallup data show confidence in Congress at all time low
Just 14% of Americans have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in Congress.

This 14% Congressional confidence rating is the all-time low for this measure, which Gallup initiated in 1973. The previous low point for Congress was 18% at several points in the period of time 1991 to 1994.

Congress is now nestled at the bottom of the list of Gallup's annual Confidence in Institutions rankings, along with HMOs. Just 15% of Americans have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in HMOs. (By way of contrast, 69% of Americans have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in the military, which tops the list. More on this at galluppoll.com on Thursday).

It’s worth remembering that Congress is basically nothing more than a mechanism for the representation of the people’s wishes. We all can’t go to Washington. So we elect men and women and send them off in our stead. It’s not an optimal situation, it seems to me, when such a low percentage of average Americans have confidence in this system.

Generally speaking, Americans have been skeptical about Congress for decades now. But the current 14% confidence rating for Congress is down from 19% last year and is the lowest in Gallup’s history, surpassing the 18% confidence in Congress measured in 1991, 1993 and 1994.

Americans' are generally in a sour mood, as discussed here. The particularly low rating for Congress this year thus represents a continuation of the existing low esteem in which Congress is held, coupled with a strongly negative mindset on the part of the American public.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gallup/2007/06/what_do_hmos_an.html

ATLANTA -- An MRI exam of Curt Schilling's right shoulder revealed no structural damage, but the Boston Red Sox right-hander will be put on the disabled list following a cortisone shot he received in Boston on Tuesday.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/a...t_id=2038365&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

I mean, really, RSR...if you are going to spam my threads with irrelevant, off topic stuff, why shouldn't I repay the favor?:rofl:

Forum List

Back