Debunking the bogus.

SandyMate23

Rookie
Apr 7, 2014
Both my elementary aged son and my middle school aged son have gym class.

I went to school in Philadelphia, I was lucky to see a Gym Class once a week, you're supposed to get it 5 days a week.

2 or 3 recess during elementary school, none during middle and high school.

People need a break, including adults.. people get tired, people get bored, and need a refresher.

There's a dress code, it's just not bible thumper friendly (ties and skirts).

Which is why they are unprepared for the workforce, you cant wear jeans and sneakers everywhere your whole life, this includes most jobs that pay well, also why their behavior, and social skills are horrible.
:)

Art is still done in elementary school. Middle school has electives, with Art being one of them.

No wonder they don't have any imagination, or art skills, which is a social skill that they lack now.

Elementary, middle school and high school all have geography classes.
Elementary, middle school and high school all have history classes

Wrong, what they have is "social studies" a little bit of everything, including civics, and a lot of nothing, its half assed.

I have never been to a geography, history, civics, or a psychology class, ever, and I graduated high school.

And for English, what they teach is "language Arts" another pile of bullshit, that teaches a little bit of everything, and a lot of nothing.

Bad compared to what? Homogeneous cultures that restrict immigration and don't mainstream their "problem" kids? Other countries with tracking? Yes, we are

This is one country, like it or not, and we need to function together as 1 country, screw your culture... your culture is for your inside your house, not at school.

WTF? What job training do they need?

They wont be in school forever.. they need to learn how to do things in a marketplace, at a high school ability level.
How to carry out the instructions of an employer or manager, how to perform various tasks, like operating a cash register, wood shop classes, high school level auto repair classes, how to function in an office setting... Horticulture, Lawncare and gardening... etc.

How to apply for jobs, how to perform at a job interview, how bank accounts operate, how to set up a bank account, how to write a ledger, and balance a check book, how to fill out a W2 form.. etc.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal
  • Banned
You must have gone to a real shitty school.

As do all Americans today, unless you pay for it.

There are plenty of good public schools. Public school itself is a flawed idea, but there are still plenty of good ones.

And those schools are discriminatory in their policies, and offer discriminatory levels of opportunity for their students on an unequal basis.

Most of those good ones do not have any special education department, and most of them are also in majority white neighborhoods.

Im not trying to sound like a whiner, but im just stating the facts for what they are.

There are plenty of good public schools. Public school itself is a flawed idea, but there are still plenty of good ones.

And those schools are discriminatory in their policies, and offer discriminatory levels of opportunity for their students on an unequal basis.

Most of those good ones do not have any special education department...

That is not true.

• Banned

That is not true.

If its not true, then tell me why I went to a shit school, because none of the ones my parents wanted to send me to, had a special education department ?

and explain the vast and unequal differences in achievement and opportunities between
regular ed students, and those that need a little extra help.

As well as the differences in how they are treated.

A special education student is 20 times more likely to be abused by the staff, and given less privileges and rewards, and also given lower grades for the same answers on the tests.

That happens all the time.

Last edited:

That is not true.

If its not true, then tell me why I went to a shit school, because none of the ones my parents wanted to send me to, had a special education department ?

and explain the vast and unequal differences in achievement and opportunities between

A special education student is 20 times more likely to be abused by the staff, and given less privileges and rewards, and also given lower grades for the same answers on the tests.

Did you live in an affluent area?

• Banned
That is not true.

More Affluent than the immediate areas that surround center city Philadelphia.. not as affluent as the Suburbs like Cheltenham and Elkins Park.

More Affluent than the immediate areas that surround center city Philadelphia.. not as affluent as the Suburbs like Cheltenham and Elkins Park.

If you went to an inner city school I can see why you would have had sub par public education.

That is not true.

Your personal circumstances do not extrapolate to a universal conclusion. Try some logic.

Most of those good ones do not have any special education department, and most of them are also in majority white neighborhoods.

Im not trying to sound like a whiner, but im just stating the facts for what they are.

Except that you're lying. Maybe you live in a poor, low-info state or something. Try Ohio, our schools are pretty good.

If this person went to a public school in Pennsylvania and claims they did not have Special Ed, s/he is either lying or simply full of shit. The State pays for it; the cost to the local school district is minimal, and it is not optional.

What is the point of this thread?

If this person went to a public school in Pennsylvania and claims they did not have Special Ed, s/he is either lying or simply full of shit. The State pays for it; the cost to the local school district is minimal, and it is not optional.

What is the point of this thread?

This special education person is trying to post things about education, but being a special education graduate (that did not get any special education courses and the teachers made her take the same courses and grade on the same level as normal kids by the way) is responding to my post from a thread she started. Instead of replying to thread she just started a new one and called my own personal experiences, bogus.

h14B51537

Forum List

Back