Dear "Conservatives"....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by geauxtohell, Apr 28, 2012.

1. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    ...if you support the Massachusetts liberal known as Mitt Romney you are not a conservative, you are just a Republican that will support whatever bag of shit they send you.

At least the Paul people have the balls to support a losing candidate that truly endorses their beliefs.

Sign in below....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    Who the hell are you ?

I'll support who I want, where I want, when I want.

In this case, he's less a BOS than the current BOS-In-Chief we have now.

Eat crap and die.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119

Sorry to disillusion you but I've been supporting Romney since 2008. No one sent him to me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. ThinkCritically

ThinkCritically Open to opinion

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    This is the way it has been and will continue to be for some time regarding presidential elections.

Suppose there are 10 voters each election. 3 voters always vote republican (because they believe the party is always right), 3 other voters always vote democrat (because they believe the party is always right), and the other 4 voters are independent and always vote for the lesser of the "two evils" (because they believe that both parties are wrong but they prefer the least worse candidate for a given election cycle.)

The 4 voters who vote for the "lesser of two evils" prop up the system. If they were to take their 4 votes and give them to a reform candidate then they wouldn't have to vote for the lesser of two evils.

The vote total would be.
    4 votes 40% towards reform candidate
    3 votes 30% towards democrat
    3 votes 30% towards republican

But if one independent voter decides to vote for a "lesser of the two evil candidates" then the reform vote fails, because either the democrat or republican gets majority vote at that point. The 3 remaining voters realize that their votes will be waisted if just one independent votes for either of the two parties, thus all independents vote for the "less of two evils" even though all the independents would prefer a reform party.

Both Republican and Democrat Parties realize that they will never lose duopoly power because independent voters would have to unify perfectly (if one independent votes for either of the two parties the reform is broken). Thus Republican's and Democrat's are never held accountable because they will never be replaced by a third party. Additionally, since both parties are unaccountable, they can honestly accuse each other of wrong doing. Thus perpetuating the "lesser of two evil" voting system.

5. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    So you are a Repblican, not a conservative. The two aren' mutually inclusive.

When you vote for a liberal for his nations highest office in November, you will demonstrate that you aren't a conservative.

6. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    So you've been a liberal since 2008? Or has it been longer?

7. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    That's a lot of bandwidth to simpl point out that people vote out of expediency abandon no conviction.

I already know his.

Hence the thread,

8. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119

If by "liberal" you mean someone who lives a conservative lifestyle by choice and prefers to allow others their own choice rather than trying to legislate morality, but who appreciates competence and achievement in economic realms, then much longer than just 2008.

9. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,897

Are you and the Nader followers going to get together for a Losers Orgy?

10. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    It's a tough call for conservatives. Obama is the most liberal of all choices. Voting for a third party candidate is a huge risk because it would likely hand the election to Obama. True conservatives will go for the least liberal candidate that has a chance of winning. Many moderates support Romney and others will hold their nose and vote for Romney because they consider him the lesser of two evils.

Cain was my guy and the left went after him with a vengeance. Couldn't have a conservative black or they couldn't have claimed the right was racist. It's really not about race. Cain represented what I believe and once he was out, I rooted for Paul, but know he doesn't have a chance. If I vote for Paul, it's just taking away a vote for Romney, who has a real chance of beating Obama.