Davis, prominent Obama backer, leaves Democratic Party-Sees the Writing on the Wall

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Davis, prominent Obama backer, leaves Democratic Party-Sees the Writing on the Wall- Says the Truth

obamagone-i4180.jpg

But “wearing a Democratic label no longer matches what I know about my country and its possibilities,” he said.

“On the specifics, I have regularly criticized an agenda that would punish businesses and job creators with more taxes just as they are trying to thrive again,” he said. “I have taken issue with an administration that has lapsed into a bloc by bloc appeal to group grievances when the country is already too fractured: frankly, the symbolism of Barack Obama winning has not given us the substance of a united country.”

Last edited:
He isn't the only one.

PA Dem Leader Defects, Cites Gay Marriage | PoliticsPA

Democratic party activists will see her sequined dresses at state committee meetings no more. Jo Ann Nardelli, President and founder of the Blair County Federation of Democratic Women and a state committeewoman, has defected to the GOP. The final straw? President Obama’s support for gay marriage.

In a letter of resignation to the PA Democratic party, Nardelli cited her Catholic faith.

“I respect all of you and all that I have achieved in the past. Due to personal matters and faith beliefs at this time, it is only fair to resign,” she wrote. “I will miss you all very much as you are all a part of my family; however, it is time to move forward with my life in a direction that is more in line with my faith.”

She announced her decision at a press conference at the courthouse in Hollidaysburg Wednesday where, according to Blair GOP Chair A.C. Stickel, she explicitly cited the President’s recent announcement of support for gay marriage. She also opposes abortion rights.

At the press conference, Nardelli endorsed Mitt Romney and immediately afterwards changed her voter registration.

He isn't the only one.

PA Dem Leader Defects, Cites Gay Marriage | PoliticsPA

Democratic party activists will see her sequined dresses at state committee meetings no more. Jo Ann Nardelli, President and founder of the Blair County Federation of Democratic Women and a state committeewoman, has defected to the GOP. The final straw? President Obama’s support for gay marriage.

In a letter of resignation to the PA Democratic party, Nardelli cited her Catholic faith.

“I respect all of you and all that I have achieved in the past. Due to personal matters and faith beliefs at this time, it is only fair to resign,” she wrote. “I will miss you all very much as you are all a part of my family; however, it is time to move forward with my life in a direction that is more in line with my faith.”

She announced her decision at a press conference at the courthouse in Hollidaysburg Wednesday where, according to Blair GOP Chair A.C. Stickel, she explicitly cited the President’s recent announcement of support for gay marriage. She also opposes abortion rights.

At the press conference, Nardelli endorsed Mitt Romney and immediately afterwards changed her voter registration.

No doubt the Democrats
"War on Women" is taking its toll
:eusa_whistle:

There is a tidal wave of disillusionment coming down on this clown, Obama. He's headed for a landslide loss.

I hope you're right. Considering how the primaries went, it does appear that he is losing support among Democrats, not to mention the independents.

Last edited:
Artur Davis is, and has always been, about whatever is good for Artur Davis. He was the first congressman from outside Illinois to endorse Obama for president. He was also the only member of the Congressional Black Caucus to vote against the Affordable Care Act (to boost his campaign for governor). He started taking positions so far to the right that he became the first African-American running for state-wide office in Alabama to lose the black vote.

The entire LA Times archive of Artur Davis stories (http://www.latimes.com/topic/politics/government/artur-davis-PEPLT007811.topic):

- Davis leaves the Democratic party

- Davis criticizes the ACA ("Obamacare")

- Davis claims voter fraud is rampant

- Davis runs a "relatively conservative" campaign for governor of Alabama

It is clear that Davis stopped supporting Obama quite some time ago. And as I mentioned in an earlier thread, it doesn't surprise me in the least that someone who sought statewide office in Alabama (even as a Democrat) has quite conservative positions.

Indeed they will
Why does our president hate women?
:eusa_whistle:

Female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues, records show.

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).

The Obama campaign on Wednesday lashed out at presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney for his failure to immediately endorse the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act, a controversial law enacted in 2009 that made it easier to file discrimination lawsuits…

It is not known whether any female employees at the White House have filed lawsuits under the Ledbetter Act.​

Forum List

Back