Romney's campaign misspells "America" in new app

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Reuters) - Republican Mitt Romney says he is running for president in search of a better America.

This week, Romney's campaign could have used a better speller.

The campaign released an iPhone app late Tuesday that features slogans supporting his campaign against Democratic President Barack Obama ahead of elections on November 6.

"We're With Mitt," read one. "American Greatness," declared another.

"A Better Amercia," proclaimed a third, a misspelling that almost instantly became the subject of jokes on social media.

Romney's campaign misspells America in new app | Reuters

Not much needs to be said about the Good Bishop Vampire.

:eusa_shifty:

This is not exactly burnishing Romney's reputation as a highly competent technocrat. Still, GWB's oftentimes adversarial relationship with the English language didn't stop him from winning any elections.

This is not exactly burnishing Romney's reputation as a highly competent technocrat. Still, GWB's oftentimes adversarial relationship with the English language didn't stop him from winning any elections.

Yeah because Romney spent the last few months writing and developing the app personally...

Christ almighty...

Yeah because Romney spent the last few months writing and developing the app personally...

Christ almighty...

I understand from your post that you are objecting to what you perceive as an implication in my post that Romney bears some direct responsibility for checking the spelling of his campaign releases. I do not believe that, of course. I was speaking of a matter of perception and made no inferences as to Romney's actual level of competence.

Did Romney ever eat a dog?

Let's be real here.

Obama ate dog as a young child in a region where it's common place.

Romney tied the dog carrier with the dog inside on the roof and drove with it like that for many hours, as a full grown adult in a place where something like that is seen as, well, at least a little cruel.

I know it's politics and all, but c'mon.

Reuters) - Republican Mitt Romney says he is running for president in search of a better America.

This week, Romney's campaign could have used a better speller.

The campaign released an iPhone app late Tuesday that features slogans supporting his campaign against Democratic President Barack Obama ahead of elections on November 6.

"We're With Mitt," read one. "American Greatness," declared another.

"A Better Amercia," proclaimed a third, a misspelling that almost instantly became the subject of jokes on social media.

Romney's campaign misspells America in new app | Reuters

Not much needs to be said about the Good Bishop Vampire.

:eusa_shifty:

I hope they learned their lesson when it comes to making honest mistakes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back