Dallas officer enters apartment she mistakes for her own, fatally shoots man inside

No. What makes it an officer involved shooting is if she is doing her duty as an officer. This was personal. Even the police are saying its not an officer involved shooting.

No, what makes it an officer involved shooting is it involving an officer. They don't call the Texas Rangers for every shooting that happens in Dallas. Nor do we discuss it.

The use of an indepedant law enforcement agency is *counter* indicative of a cover up. As the Dallas police department is removed from the investigative equation. The use of grand jury doesn't indicate a cover up, as virtually every charge against every officer involves one. And they are almost always secret.

And 72 hours for an officer involved shooting is lightly fast. Also, not an indication of a cover up.

Do you have anything to back the cover up narrative? Anything at all?
I already posted where the cops said it was not an officer involved shooting. Why are you even disputing this? This came from the link you gave me.

"Police initially treated the incident as an "officer-involved shooting."

"However," Hall said, "as we continued this investigation it became clear that we were dealing with what appears to be a much different and very unique situation."

I already told you why I think there is going to be a cover up. Grand jury transcripts are secret and they took 3 days to charge her.

No. What makes it an officer involved shooting is if she is doing her duty as an officer. This was personal. Even the police are saying its not an officer involved shooting.

No, what makes it an officer involved shooting is it involving an officer. They don't call the Texas Rangers for every shooting that happens in Dallas. Nor do we discuss it.

The use of an indepedant law enforcement agency is *counter* indicative of a cover up. As the Dallas police department is removed from the investigative equation. The use of grand jury doesn't indicate a cover up, as virtually every charge against every officer involves one. And they are almost always secret.

And 72 hours for an officer involved shooting is lightly fast. Also, not an indication of a cover up.

I already posted where the cops said it was not an officer involved shooting. Why are you even disputing this?

We're discussing this because she was a cop. Because she was in uniform. If this just some random white lady who got her apartments wrong, this wouldn't be a discussion. And the Rangers certainly wouldn't have been called in.

The crime did involve an officer. And from shooting to charges in only 72 hours.....when an independent law enforcement agency was called in to do the investigation?

That's completely reasonable. That's zero indication of a 'cover up'. Less than zero....as Dallas PD took the investigation out of their own hands.

I already told you why I think there is going to be a cover up. Grand jury transcripts are secret and they took 3 days to charge her.

Yeah, but you haven't given me any rational reason for that belief. As Grand Jury transcripts are secret *everywhere*. Even California....with two ridiculously recent exceptions. Negating a grand jury as an indication of a cover up.

The timing of the charges don't indicate a cover up. As 72 hours for these circumstances is lightning fast.

Nor is there any credible distinction between 'charged' and 'indicated'. She was charged with manslaughter, a warrant was issued, she was arrested, she was booked, she was brought before a judge, a bond was set, she posted $300,000 to be released.

That's about as official as it gets. And zero indication of a cover up.

I already posted where the cops said it was not an officer involved shooting. Why are you even disputing this?

We're discussing this because she was a cop. Because she was in uniform. If this just some random white lady who got her apartments wrong, this wouldn't be a discussion. And the Rangers certainly wouldn't have been called in.

The crime did involve an officer. And from shooting to charges in only 72 hours.....when an independent law enforcement agency was called in to do the investigation?

That's completely reasonable. That's zero indication of a 'cover up'. Less than zero....as Dallas PD took the investigation out of their own hands.

Yeah, but you haven't given me any rational reason for that belief. As Grand Jury transcripts are secret *everywhere*. Even California....with two ridiculously recent exceptions. Negating a grand jury as an indication of a cover up.

The timing of the charges don't indicate a cover up. As 72 hours for these circumstances is lightning fast.

Nor is there any credible distinction between 'charged' and 'indicated'. She was charged with manslaughter, a warrant was issued, she was arrested, she was booked, she was brought before a judge, a bond was set, she posted $300,000 to be released.

No I asked why are you disputing this. The cops have said it is not a officer involved shooting. The cops that arrested and charged her. What is confusing you about that?

I've given you a rational reason. You dont have to believe its rational but make no mistake its rational and based on history.

No I asked why are you disputing this. The cops have said it is not a officer involved shooting. The cops that arrested and charged her. What is confusing you about that?

I've given you a rational reason. You dont have to believe its rational but make no mistake its rational and based on history.
The use of a grand jury isn't a rational reason. As grand juries are secret *everywhere*. Even California with two very recent exceptions. And the grand jury charged her.

So.....where is the cover up?

I believe she mistakenly believed it was her apartment. No other reason for her to go to the apartment directly above hers

I do not understand her reaction and use of force.
She could have stepped back and called for reinforcement
She could have drawn her gun and left it at that

She had a gun and abused the responsibility it holds

I believe she mistakenly believed it was her apartment. No other reason for her to go to the apartment directly above hers

Three additional factors that make this situation atypcal.

1) The doors had no keys. They were opened by FOBs, unlocking as you approached. You could lock the door from the inside with a deadbolt but the door unlocked automatically with the correct FOB. I've never even heard of that, even in hotels.

2) The apartments were accessed via parking garage. If you were on the wrong floor of the parking garage, you'd be on the wrong floor of the apartments.

3) The apartments, more than most, were physically identical. Just one long line after another of identical doors.

And yeah, her reaction seems utterly disproportionate given the evidence we have now. Manslaughter seems an appropriate charge as there doesn't seem to be any malice of forethought, merely spectacularly poor judgement.

1) The doors had no keys. They were opened by FOBs, unlocking as you approached. You could lock the door from the inside with a deadbolt but the door unlocked automatically with the correct FOB. I've never even heard of that, even in hotels.

2) The apartments were accessed via parking garage. If you were on the wrong floor of the parking garage, you'd be on the wrong floor of the apartments.

3) The apartments, more than most, were physically identical. Just one long line after another of identical doors.

And yeah, her reaction seems utterly disproportionate given the evidence we have now. Manslaughter seems an appropriate charge as there doesn't seem to be any malice of forethought, merely spectacularly poor judgement.
I can see a charge of manslaughter
I do believe it was an accident in terms of her being confused, but she did not demonstrate due dillegence before firing

I can see a charge of manslaughter
I do believe it was an accident in terms of her being confused, but she did not demonstrate due dillegence before firing

I agree. Based on the facts we have now, manslaughter seems an appropriate charge.

Did she know the guy? Had they ever had a confrontation before, or a love affair or any interaction?

You know what's worrying in addition to the tragic death of this young man in his own home is the mental state of the officer who shot him. I understand being tired at the end of your shift, I understand having to work while ill, but to be this disoriented to attempt to enter a home that you erroneously believe is your own and then to kill the occupant because you believe he is an intruder is just something I can't even think of how you would train for.
She was fucked up on something! That simple! You know your own house when you see it!

You know what's worrying in addition to the tragic death of this young man in his own home is the mental state of the officer who shot him. I understand being tired at the end of your shift, I understand having to work while ill, but to be this disoriented to attempt to enter a home that you erroneously believe is your own and then to kill the occupant because you believe he is an intruder is just something I can't even think of how you would train for.
She was fucked up on something! That simple! You know your own house when you see it!
Something's not adding up. The key, the doormat, wrong floor. She shot a guy before. Doesn't sound like this woman should've been a field officer.

It was an apartment and they were identical doors. The apartment was reached via parking garage, the floors of which are largely indistinguishable from each other.

And I don't know how this plays into the situation yet, but the doors to the apartments didn't use keys. But instead had remote FOBs. Like keyless entry into a car.

Just saw this from a person that lives in the apartment complex. Somebodys lying.

Basically no matter how tired you are if you stick your key in the lock and it doesnt turn green it should register that something is off.

--- Exactly as would happen if you were in a hotel and tried the wrong door.

.... which suggests, again, that she either had a key for the victim's apartment, or more likely, he let her in. And as already noted, the victim, the only witness who could clear up that question, is dead.

Just saw this from a person that lives in the apartment complex. Somebodys lying.

Basically no matter how tired you are if you stick your key in the lock and it doesnt turn green it should register that something is off.

--- Exactly as would happen if you were in a hotel and tried the wrong door.

.... which suggests, again, that she either had a key for the victim's apartment, or more likely, he let her in. And as already noted, the victim, the only witness who could clear up that question, is dead.

We had a cop kill a prostitute recently where I live! Shot her 8 times! We are slowly finding out there was more to the story! Who knows what they will find, maybe they were banging! At any rate the best money is on drugs or alcohol!

Something's not adding up. The key, the doormat, wrong floor. She shot a guy before. Doesn't sound like this woman should've been a field officer.
She does show poor judgement
I doubt she will remain on the Force

She does show poor judgement
I doubt she will remain on the Force
Lets hope not! It is not a given these days!

Gotta understand s0n.....cant really see some of those Haitian folks if it's real dark. What the fuck is wrong with you.....alot of these dark folks doing crimes all the time. All the time.....who cant figure out that once out of thousands of incidents, a tragedy is gonna happen. Duh.....but at least most people can think on the margin and get it.:113::deal::deal:

Whelp --- here's a post for the archives.

Forum List

Back