Grand jury hears evidence in Dallas police officer shooting of black neighbor

me too. I have seen lots of people with bullets in their heads----every
once in awhile the bullet is from the gun of a cop------sometimes it is a
MISTAKE------<<<<<that is called, I think, "involuntary manslaughter"---
tragic, but it is NOT MURDER and it is NOT A HATE CRIME

I didn't say anything about a hate crime and I am not buying that mistake bullshit. If the roles were reversed this guy's head would have been served up on a platter.

how do you know? I have seen lots of heads with bullets in them---
most were black heads (based on the location of that hospital)----some
were white heads. Black cops make mistakes too------and ALSO---
bullets can RICOCHET You got stats on accidental bullets in heads
vs-----AIMED SHOTS?

How many times have you gone to the wrong apartment and shot someone.

I do not have gun----I am not a police officer. I have accidentally
attempted to get into the wrong car in my past. Accidents are called
accidents because they are not normal planned events

Were you shot at for getting into someone's car and just because she was a police officer doesn't her the right to enter someone's home and kill them.

I don't think anyone is claiming that she had any right to shoot the guy. And I think everyone agrees she should be punished and see some significant jail time.

But this doesn't appear to be murder or a hate crime. Manslaughter looks right.

I expect her to be indicted. I also expect she will be convicted or enter into a plea agreement (most likely). One thing is for certain: this was no accident and involves a lot more than a case of mere human error.

I will explain my position later today. I merely wanted to get on record before the grand jury made its decision.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back. Now, let's dispense with the silly notion that this was a simple case of negligence. The evidence proves that Officer Guyger knew she was at Botham Jean's apartment and that she banged on his door screaming for him to let her in. When Jean opened the door dressed in his underwear Guyger shot him. One of the biggest problems with this case is that the woman gave two vastly conflicting accounts of what happened.

According to the first account Jean opened the door when she was attempting to use her key on his lock. When she saw him, she thought he was an intruder and shot him..

“An off-duty Dallas Police Officer, who was wearing a full Dallas Police uniform, was attempting to enter apartment number 1478, with a set of keys. An unknown male, inside the apartment, confronted the officer at the door. A neighbor stated he heard an exchange of words, immediately followed by at least two gunshots.”

However, according to the second account, the door was slighter ajar and opened when she inserted her key in Jean's lock. She saw someone in the shadows (the lights were off) and thought he was a burglar and shot him.

“She told authorities that she “inserted a unique door key, with an electronic chip, into the door key hole. The door, which was slightly ajar prior to Guyger’s arrival, fully opened under the force of the key insertion.”

“Once the door opened, Guyger said the apartment was dark and she thought “she had encountered a burglar, which was described as a large silhouette, across the room in her apartment.”

“Guyger claimed she drew her weapon, “gave verbal commands that were ignored by (Jean),” and then fired two shots. Jean was hit by one of the shots and died from his wound.”

https://www.theroot.com/2-different-versions-of-amber-guyger-s-story-appear-on-1829044816

The following link gives an even more detailed account of Guyger's first story about the door being locked:

“When she arrived home she took an elevator to a floor that was not hers. She then went to what she thought was her door, put the key in and struggled with the lock. Guyger then put down several things she was holding and continued to fight with the key when the resident swung open the door and startled her. Guyger believed Jean, who was wearing only underwear, was an intruder and shot him with her service weapon. It wasn't until police and rescue units began arriving that she realized she was not at her apartment.”

Was The Door Locked Or Unlocked? Dallas Police Officer Who Shot Botham Jean Reportedly Changed Her Story

There are major problems with her first story; however I will address only her second story because that is the one she is apparently sticking with. Her story and that's what it is, a story, a fairy tale, is unbelievable. Let's take a look at the evidence When you do you will discover everything she claims is nothing but unadulterated bovine excrement.

There is one bet of evidence that completely destroys Guyger's contention that she thought she was at her own apartment. Jean always placed a red carpet in front of his door to distinguish his apartment from others (see the links, below).

Botham Jean's family says he did not know or have a relationship with Officer Amber Guyger

guyger and mat in front of door - Google Search:

The red carpet was not the only reason Guyger could not have mistaken Jean's apartment for her own As one might expect, in every apartment building the units are numbered for easy identification. In the case of the apartments in Guyger's building, they were conspicuously numbered. The link below shows “door numbers are clearly visible and lit up in neon, placed to one side” The link also gives a very detailed analysis of the entire case.

Video: EXCLUSIVE: DailyMail.com tests doors at Botham Jean apartments | Daily Mail Online

Guyger also said that the door was ajar and opened when she inserted her key into the lock. However, this particular door slams shut after it is opened to make sure it is secure when the person leaves. The information comes from the link provided above, but in case anyone didn't read the entire link, here is one that deals only with the door:

Video: EXCLUSIVE: DailyMail.com tests doors at Botham Jean apartments | Daily Mail Online

Finally, witnesses testified they heard someone banging on Jean's door and heard a woman screaming, “let me in, let me in.”

“Merritt [Jean's family's attorney] said at a news conference Monday evening that two independent witnesses have told him they heard knocking on the door in the hallway before the shooting.

"He said one witness reported hearing a woman’s voice saying, 'Let me in! Let me in!' Then they heard gunshots, after which one witness said she heard a man’s voice say, 'Oh my God! Why did you do that?'

“Merritt said he believes those were Jean’s last words.”

Attorneys for Botham Jean's family say witnesses heard woman's voice say 'Let me in!' - theGrio

The inescapable fact is that the only way Guyger could have seen Jean is when he opened the door and they were face to face.. She shot him knowing who he was. The only thing I do not know is motive. She may have gone to his apartment to tell him to keep things quite so she would not be disturbed. Guyger had just gotten off a 15-hour shift and needed to get to sleep. In the past, she had made a complaint against Jean for making noise and disturbing her sleep (this information is in the links provided). He may have said something that in very exhausted state put her over the edge.

I doubt that he threatened her in any way as that would have certainly been reported. Further, if he had threatened her, that would have given her a justifiable and believable reason for using deadly force.

CONCLUSION: My analysis of all the available evidence convinces me that Guyger knew she was at Jean's apartment. She is guilty of murder and I expect there will be a plea bargain in this case.

Tragic scenes inside apartment where white cop shot dead black neighbor | Daily Mail Online

She's guilty of murder - nothing new here either. A lot of people commit murder and she is just one more. When people commit murder, DA's typically do something about it. They prosecute the case. I have no idea why you think he is doing it for publicity. Apparently, you actually believe the story that woman has been selling. I don't. I laid out all the evidence in this case in a former post (22 above) which I doubt you read.

I predicted she would be indicted and I'm now predicting she will either be found guilty or enter into a plea agreement. The evidence against her is overwhelming. If she has any sense at all, she will cut a deal.

Now, if you would like to debate the evidence with me, that's fine; otherwise, you have the last word and I'm outta here.

Last edited:

She's guilty of murder - nothing new here either. I laid out all the evidence in this case in a former post (22 above) which I doubt you read.

I predicted she would be indicted and I'm now predicting she will either be found guilty or enter into a plea agreement. The evidence against her is overwhelming. If she has any sense at all, she will cut a deal.

Now, if you would like to debate the evidence with me, that's fine; otherwise, you have the last word and I'm outta here.

Yeah----I did read it------but that is all I know-----what you posted. I cannot made a comment-----I just do not KNOW enough. THE MOTIVE???

She's guilty of murder - nothing new here either. A lot of people commit murder and she is just one more. When people commit murder, DA's typically do something about it.
Do you even kn ow the definition of murder? If she gets off, It'll be because the DA was politically motivated for blood to appease rioting blacks

It’s a horrible thing and it does happen every year but it’s nowhere near the everyday thing that MSM and libbies try to portray it as.

Negligent homicide fer shure. Is that an offence in the US?
It may not be negligent. He may have attacked her for all we know, and she felt she had to defend herself. Let the court decide.

You can't break into someones apartment then claim self defense if you are attacked. If you have no legal right to be there you can't use that as a defense to use deadly force. At that point you've broken into a home and then killed the homeowner.

Last edited:
It may not be negligent. He may have attacked her for all we know, and she felt she had to defend herself. Let the court decide.

You can't break into someones apartment then claim self defense if you are attacked. If you have no legal right to be there you can't use that as a defense to use deadly force.
she didn't break in, did she?
you can't just attack someone that walks into your apartment
you CAN claim self defense if the circumstances warrants it

She was not invited and she invaded his home. That's breaking in.

You can't break into someones apartment then claim self defense if you are attacked. If you have no legal right to be there you can't use that as a defense to use deadly force.
she didn't break in, did she?
you can't just attack someone that walks into your apartment
you CAN claim self defense if the circumstances warrants it

Yes, you absolutely can attack someone who "just walks in" to your apartment. That's called home invasion. And unless she had a key, she broke in. She didn't have to kick down the door for it to be burglarly. Just like you don't have to break a window to break into a car. If you pull the door handle and it opens, that's a felony.

May I Shoot an Intruder? - FindLaw

You don't have to ask them their intentions. They walk in you can shoot them dead. No questions asked. Whether or not your front door was open or not makes no difference. It's called the castle doctrine, look it up.

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about a hate crime and I am not buying that mistake bullshit. If the roles were reversed this guy's head would have been served up on a platter.

vs-----AIMED SHOTS?

Were you shot at for getting into someone's car and just because she was a police officer doesn't her the right to enter someone's home and kill them.

she made a mistake-----VERY CARELESS OF HER---but it does not
come close to fulfill anyone's definition of "murder" or "hate crime"

vs-----AIMED SHOTS?

she made a mistake-----VERY CARELESS OF HER---but it does not
come close to fulfill anyone's definition of "murder" or "hate crime"
Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being without justification or valid excuse, and especially with malice aforethought. Involuntary manslaughter usually refers to an unintentional killing that results from recklessness or criminal negligence, or from an unlawful act that is a misdemeanor or low-level felony (such as a DUI). The usual distinction from voluntary manslaughter is that involuntary manslaughter (sometimes called "criminally negligent homicide") is a crime in which the victim's death is unintended.
The police officer had to draw her weapon, aim her weapon and press the trigger.
None of those actions were unitentional. Her act of shooting the victim to death was not unitentional. The officer should be tried for second degree murder and if found guilty be sentenced to a very long prison term.

Forum List

Back