Dallas police officer arrested in shooting death of man in wrong apartment

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Throw her in jail.

Dallas police officer arrested in shooting death of man in wrong apartment

DALLAS, Texas — A Dallas police officer was arrested Sunday in connection with the shooting death of a man after entering the wrong apartment, the Texas Rangers said.

Police identified the officer as Amber Guyger, a four-year veteran of the department assigned to the Southeast Patrol Division.

Guyger, who is white, was off-duty when she shot Botham Shem Jean, a black man, after mistakenly entering his apartment at the complex where she also lived, police said Thursday.

Jean, 26, a native of St. Lucia who worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers in Dallas, died at a hospital.

It was clearly a mistake on her part. The media sure is pushing the racial element, as if she killed him because he was black and she is white. It had nothing to do with race, and probably everything to do with being overworked.

People have to use judgement. She didn't see a weapon, didn't see a threat.

Texas is about Rule of Law. I assure you, if this happened in Toronto for instance, there would be no consequences for the officer. That's how shyteholes operate, and one of the reason of many so many Canadians leave for America and never return (though oddly, they talk about how great Canada is once they've left...backwards). We have officers who have literally been charged with crimes who are still officers making 6 figures.

She will have her day in court. it's a tragedy all around, but the guy who is dead and his surviving family deserve transparent justice.

Sad story all the way around.

Did she know the guy, had it in for him, and is making up the story about walking into the wrong apartment ?

Or, is she being truthful that she made an honest mistake ?

I think it's likely she's guilty of reckless endangerment, and is looking at manslaughter.

It was clearly a mistake on her part. The media sure is pushing the racial elejavascript:void(null);ment, as if she killed him because he was black and she is white. It had nothing to do with race, and probably everything to do with being overworked.
`
1 - Overworked? Tens of millions of people are overworked who do not enter the wrong apartment and shoot people.
2 - I agree, this is not a race issue, it's a trigger-happy cop issue.
3 - Mistake? Yeah, entering the wrong apartment can be. Shooting a person dead? I don't think so.
`

Well right now we have no idea what happened inside.
A witness said she heard a man and a woman yell, then a commotion, then a gunshot.
Why would he yell back? Why arguing? What was the physical commotion the witness heard before hearing a shot?

Last edited:
Race race race race race race race race race race race race race race race race race

Stuff just isn’t adding up, and I’m interested in hearing what the drug/alcohol test has to reveal if anything.

How do you walk into the wrong apartment? If it’s locked your key isn’t gonna work. If it’s not locked but you always lock when leaving, wouldn’t that cause you to pause a second or two and perhaps see the number or letter on the door isn’t yours? You open the door and even in rather dim light wouldn’t you know right away from what you’re seeing you’re in the wrong apartment?

Gotta be more to this story.

It was clearly a mistake on her part. The media sure is pushing the racial elejavascript:void(null);ment, as if she killed him because he was black and she is white. It had nothing to do with race, and probably everything to do with being overworked.
`
1 - Overworked? Tens of millions of people are overworked who do not enter the wrong apartment and shoot people.
3 - Mistake? Yeah, entering the wrong apartment can be. Shooting a person dead? I don't think so.
`

1. Most people don't have jobs where they have to make split second decisions involving the use of lethal force. The wide spread use of overtime with police is an incredibly stupid practice, imo.

2. SOunds like it. Though we don't know how the man reacted to an armed cop just walking into his apartment.

3. Of course shooting someone dead can be a mistake.

How in the fuck do you walk into your so called apartment and not know its not yours????? I hope they burn this white bitch!!

`
`

The point is we don’t know the full story.

Forum List

Back