Amber Guyger's murder trial heads to jury after closing statements

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
If the roles were reversed and her neighbor "thought he was in the wrong apartment" and killed her, is there any doubt he would be convicted ? No and she shouldn't get away with it because she's a cop.

Ex-Dallas police Officer Amber Guyger was "unreasonable" when she mistakenly entered her neighbor's apartment "commando-style" last year and fatally shot him, thinking he was an intruder, prosecutors said Monday during closing arguments in her murder trial.

"A guilty verdict in this case does not mean you hate police. This has nothing to do with politics," prosecutor Jason Fine told the jurors.

But the defense argued to jurors that at that moment, Guyger truly believed she was acting in self-defense when she thought she was at her apartment, which is one floor directly below that of neighbor Botham Jean, who was known as Bo.
Amber Guyger's murder trial heads to jury after closing statements

Imagine if they'd found her innocent, and a precedent was set that in America you can murder your neighbors by accident anytime you want

Today is Amber Guyger's first day of waking up to the extremely harsh reality
that she will likely spend the rest of her life behind bars. Which is, I would imagine
even worse for someone who's a police officer, and I feel sympathy for her.

I realize in the OP I was perhaps overly-judgemental toward her. We all make mistakes and have to face the music when the time comes. I'm thinking of sending her an encouraging postcard and a few words of kindness, just to shine some light her way and let her know that God forgives her.

On the flip-side, my deepest condolences out to the victim's family.

Forum List

Back