Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

same as it will get for democrats in a few years
LOL
i hope Obama made his stickers EXTRA sticky and hard to get off

Actually, that wouldn't be correct. Democrats are pretty happy with him except for the ones who don't think he's far enough left. But they're going to vote for him anyway.

I think you need to rethink this one.

He's still at almost 60% in most polls (which is why the nutters love rasmussen -- it's the outlier... ) and those are the people who voted for him.

the repubs still have no focus... they still talk about palin. and the one person they should have nominated, and should nominate, they'll call RINO and won't vote for him because he's a momon (oh no... the horror).

Rassmussen always shows the lowest of all President Obama's approval rating polls. Like here:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

He's still looking good, a little fluctuation either way since January. Consistent, on track and in line with the American voter. :cool:

Rasmussen shows the lowest scores because Rasmussen polls only likely voters. Obama consistently scores the highest when the general public is polled, whether they are registered voters or not, lower among registered voters and lowest among likely voters. His disapproval scores are also lowest among the general public, higher among registered voters and highest among likely voters. The obvious conclusion is that the more likely the group polled is to vote, the smaller Obama's margin on approval is, but you are correct he isn't in trouble at this time, but among likely voters he is approaching a tipping point where some really bad news could quickly put him in trouble.

Great point!

LOL

Actually, that wouldn't be correct. Democrats are pretty happy with him except for the ones who don't think he's far enough left. But they're going to vote for him anyway.

He's still at almost 60% in most polls (which is why the nutters love rasmussen -- it's the outlier... ) and those are the people who voted for him.

the repubs still have no focus... they still talk about palin. and the one person they should have nominated, and should nominate, they'll call RINO and won't vote for him because he's a momon (oh no... the horror).
except Rasmussen was closer to the actual results than the rest
;)

LOL

Romney would lose to Obama.

He'd get his clock cleaned.

LOL

except Rasmussen was closer to the actual results than the rest
;)
They think Ras "favors the right," although they've gotten it right a good number of the time.

How come the cons only look at Rasmussen reports? There are hundreds here:

Obama Administation

Maggie, you'd better bet that when Ds want accurate polls they check out Rasmussen. Rasmussen is not a Republican. No pollster can remain as a pollster by skewing their results, because to do so hurts everyone, themselves, and their customers on either side who need information, and not really providing any real knowledge.

Rasmussen's Presidential Tracking Poll provides the most useful information, and is unique, because it contests those who feel strongly either way to derive an index:
With 29% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approving of the way that Barack Obama is performing, and 35% Strongly Disapproving Obama has an Approval Index rating of –6

The significance of this poll derives from it's simplicity; polling either strong approval or strong disapproval. All those who aren't paying much attention, are left out because they are presently ambivalent. Eventually they will break one way or the other.

Last edited:
Well no wonder you're going to have results like those when you have stuff like this:

Seventy percent (70%) view the President as politically liberal, including 43% who say he is Very Liberal.

The guy's not even Liberal, never mind Very Liberal. :lol:

That has always been the trouble with popularity...do you poll only likely voters, or do you poll everyone?

By polling only likely voters, you are polling the people most up on current events and politics.

By polling everyone, you are including people who don't know a thing about politics and make their judgments on vanity or a whim.
Sound like the elections that got the asshole where he is.

If you poll only the Democrats, his popularity would be about 95%. If you poll just the Republicians his rating would be only about 5%. So, if you add the 95% and the 5% together you will get 100%. If you divide that by 2 (2 groups polled) you will come up with an average of 50%. So, according to the BBD Political Poll, Obama is right at 50% which translates as being a "Half-Assed" President.

Except, of course, that finding people that identify themselves as Republicans is getting to be increasingly difficult.
LOL

:lol: Good one!

Obama Administation

Maggie, you'd better bet that when Ds want accurate polls they check out Rasmussen. Rasmussen is not a Republican. No pollster can remain as a pollster by skewing their results, because to do so hurts everyone, themselves, and their customers on either side who need information, and not really providing any real knowledge.

Rasmussen's Presidential Tracking Poll provides the most useful information, and is unique, because it contests those who feel strongly either way to derive an index:
With 29% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approving of the way that Barack Obama is performing, and 35% Strongly Disapproving Obama has an Approval Index rating of –6

The significance of this poll derives from it's simplicity; polling either strong approval or strong disapproval. All those who aren't paying much attention, are left out because they are presently ambivalent. Eventually they will break one way or the other.

The reason Rasmussen isn't taken sriously is because they use computer automated dialing, whereas most of the others use demographic information, i.e., voter registration records.

I'm not saying they make things up, but their methodology has always been almost too simplistic. Rasmussen also always seems to come in AFTER other polls on a similar subject have posted THEIR results, almost as if they're polling in order to present a challenge to their competition. Which isn't what polling should be all about.

All that said, the fact that Obama's numbers are falling isn't the least bit surprising to me. He was elected following a hard-hitting campaign by both Republicans and the Clintons; he entered office only to immediately be emersed neck deep in a national, then global, economic struggle; all the while trying to fulfill campaign pledges PROMISED to his base of supporters, the biggest being health care which would have been a rough road in any event.

Obama Administation

The reason Rasmussen isn't taken sriously is because they use computer automated dialing, whereas most of the others use demographic information, i.e., voter registration records.

I'm not saying they make things up, but their methodology has always been almost too simplistic. Rasmussen also always seems to come in AFTER other polls on a similar subject have posted THEIR results, almost as if they're polling in order to present a challenge to their competition. Which isn't what polling should be all about.

All that said, the fact that Obama's numbers are falling isn't the least bit surprising to me. He was elected following a hard-hitting campaign by both Republicans and the Clintons; he entered office only to immediately be emersed neck deep in a national, then global, economic struggle; all the while trying to fulfill campaign pledges PROMISED to his base of supporters, the biggest being health care which would have been a rough road in any event.
yet he always manages to be one of the closest to the actual results of an election, imagine that
:lol:

Forum List

Back