Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Where's all that hope and change???? At least some of the conservative dems are backing away from him, maybe they can stop the national take over of our health insurance and slam the breaks on that stupid cap and trade. The smartest thing for him to do would be to rescind what's left of the no-stimulus stimulus bill and pay down the debt that he's run up. This is what happens when you elect the most far left leaning senator in the senate as President. I can't help myself, " I told you so."

Gallup Poll: Obama's Approval Plummets

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:31 AM

Article Font Size

A USA Today/Gallup Poll out Tuesday morning delivers some bad news for Barack Obama.

Here are the key finding of the national poll:

By 49%-47%, those surveyed disapprove of how he is handling the economy, a turnaround from his 55%-42% approval in May. The steepest drop came from conservative and moderate Democrats.

By 50%-44%, they disapprove of how he is handling healthcare policy.

A 59% majority say his proposals call for too much government spending, and 52% say they call for too much expansion of government power.

Expectations of the economy's turnaround are souring a bit. In February, the average prediction for a recovery was 4.1 years; now it's 5.5 years.

The USA Today/Gallup Poll is sure undermine the President's position as he pushes for his ambitious universal healthcare plan.

"His ratings have certainly come back down to Earth in a very short time period," Republican pollster Whit Ayres told USA Today.

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Where's all that hope and change???? At least some of the conservative dems are backing away from him, maybe they can stop the national take over of our health insurance and slam the breaks on that stupid cap and trade. The smartest thing for him to do would be to rescind what's left of the no-stimulus stimulus bill and pay down the debt that he's run up. This is what happens when you elect the most far left leaning senator in the senate as President. I can't help myself, " I told you so."

Gallup Poll: Obama's Approval Plummets

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:31 AM

Article Font Size

A USA Today/Gallup Poll out Tuesday morning delivers some bad news for Barack Obama.

Here are the key finding of the national poll:

By 49%-47%, those surveyed disapprove of how he is handling the economy, a turnaround from his 55%-42% approval in May. The steepest drop came from conservative and moderate Democrats.

By 50%-44%, they disapprove of how he is handling healthcare policy.

A 59% majority say his proposals call for too much government spending, and 52% say they call for too much expansion of government power.

Expectations of the economy's turnaround are souring a bit. In February, the average prediction for a recovery was 4.1 years; now it's 5.5 years.

The USA Today/Gallup Poll is sure undermine the President's position as he pushes for his ambitious universal healthcare plan.

"His ratings have certainly come back down to Earth in a very short time period," Republican pollster Whit Ayres told USA Today.

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

When people talk about stupid voters who are easily manipulated by the corporate media, they are talking about people like you.

Or, you are rich like Rush Limbaugh and you are lying to the rest of us. Either way, I think you suck.

Oh now Sealy bobo, I know I hit a nerve with that polling data and did you happen to notice that the economy is predicted NOT to recover for 5 1/2 years. What's that mean for your rock star???? Not good, because people vote their wallets and he has only 3 1/2 years to go.

You dems have the total power in the house, the senate and the presidency, you could impose your will on all of us Americans who you think are soooooooo stupid that we will be lead like sheep to the slaughter. I just do not understand why you are soooooooooo upset. This is what YOU wanted and you GOT it, you VOTED for it.

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for, because wishes sometimes do come true.

Did also notice that the steepest drop came from moderate and conservative DEMOCRATS???? who you blaming here. me, I am just the messenger, that's the gallup polling data.

Last edited:
Maggie, you'd better bet that when Ds want accurate polls they check out Rasmussen. Rasmussen is not a Republican. No pollster can remain as a pollster by skewing their results, because to do so hurts everyone, themselves, and their customers on either side who need information, and not really providing any real knowledge.

Rasmussen's Presidential Tracking Poll provides the most useful information, and is unique, because it contests those who feel strongly either way to derive an index:
With 29% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approving of the way that Barack Obama is performing, and 35% Strongly Disapproving Obama has an Approval Index rating of –6

The significance of this poll derives from it's simplicity; polling either strong approval or strong disapproval. All those who aren't paying much attention, are left out because they are presently ambivalent. Eventually they will break one way or the other.

The reason Rasmussen isn't taken sriously is because they use computer automated dialing, whereas most of the others use demographic information, i.e., voter registration records.

I'm not saying they make things up, but their methodology has always been almost too simplistic. Rasmussen also always seems to come in AFTER other polls on a similar subject have posted THEIR results, almost as if they're polling in order to present a challenge to their competition. Which isn't what polling should be all about.

All that said, the fact that Obama's numbers are falling isn't the least bit surprising to me. He was elected following a hard-hitting campaign by both Republicans and the Clintons; he entered office only to immediately be emersed neck deep in a national, then global, economic struggle; all the while trying to fulfill campaign pledges PROMISED to his base of supporters, the biggest being health care which would have been a rough road in any event.
yet he always manages to be one of the closest to the actual results of an election, imagine that
:lol:

Huh?
:confused:

Here's all the polls, including the spreads, up to and including election day. Drop down to November 3. Yep, Rasmussen/Fox, off the mark.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/latestpolls/index.html

Last edited:
Oh now Sealy bobo, I know I hit a nerve with that polling data and did you happen to notice that the economy is predicted NOT to recover for 5 1/2 years. What's that mean for your rock star???? Not good, because people vote their wallets and he has only 3 1/2 years to go.
And where did you get that information? Why Obama himself. Do you think he doesn't KNOW how politically unpopular this painful recovery process is and will continue to be? The irony is that there are those who don't seem to get it that Obama didn't cause the economy to collapse, and neither did McCain. What do you suppose he would have been doing? I suspect much of the same, and just as dangerously politically incorrect, according to The Stupids who can't see any further than the end of their snotty noses. You want Obama or someone, anyone, in Washington to wave a magic wand so that you can climb back into your comfy womb. And you want it NOW. Well welcome to reality.

You dems have the total power in the house, the senate and the presidency, you could impose your will on all of us Americans who you think are soooooooo stupid that we will be lead like sheep to the slaughter. I just do not understand why you are soooooooooo upset. This is what YOU wanted and you GOT it, you VOTED for it.
Deja vu... :lol::lol:

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for, because wishes sometimes do come true.

Did also notice that the steepest drop came from moderate and conservative DEMOCRATS???? who you blaming here. me, I am just the messenger, that's the gallup polling data.

Hey!! You guys are at least finally realizing that not ALL Democrats are evil lefty liberals. At least you're getting something, er, right.

For people who don't care much about polls, you guys sure are putting all your hopes in them.

Listen stupid. We knew we would have to deal with this when we won. We knew you'd be on us from day one. The only reason I argue is because not defending ourselves is the classic liberal mistake. But no you didn't hit a nerve. You are a stupid little jackass.

Late last year you guys didn't know that this Depression was coming, now you know what's going to happen 5 years from now? :lol:

You're asking me feel about my rock star if your scenerio's play out? He'll still beat whoever you run.

Ok, now as for what I am upset about. Its that the GOP lost power and so we should be able to get our policies past, but 10 or 15 of our blue dogs are now owned by the healthcare lobbyists and so that might stop real change.

Be careful what I wish for? Are you kidding? Don't you see the difference. If we told Tom Delay and Bush that healthcare needed reform, they would laugh in your face.

Then they would cut the healthcare companies taxes.

THEN they would deregulate them so they could charge us whatever they want.

Do you know how I know that is what they would have done? Because that is what they did!!! Stupid!!!

Healthcare went up 191% since 2001.

PS. Notice gas isn't $4 a gallon like it was last year when Bush was in charge? Its $2.50. So Obama is $1.50 a gallon better than Bush. Think about that everytime you fill up your tank, stupid.

And where did you get that information? Why Obama himself. Do you think he doesn't KNOW how politically unpopular this painful recovery process is and will continue to be? The irony is that there are those who don't seem to get it that Obama didn't cause the economy to collapse, and neither did McCain. What do you suppose he would have been doing? I suspect much of the same, and just as dangerously politically incorrect, according to The Stupids who can't see any further than the end of their snotty noses. You want Obama or someone, anyone, in Washington to wave a magic wand so that you can climb back into your comfy womb. And you want it NOW. Well welcome to reality.

Deja vu... :lol::lol:

Hey!! You guys are at least finally realizing that not ALL Democrats are evil lefty liberals. At least you're getting something, er, right.

This is the point I'm trying to get them to see but they refuse to hear anything ever.

They say "oh come on sealy, dems are no better", and here is a perfect example. Its not the "liberals" that are the sellouts. Its the blue dogs who are just like Republicans.

And who's blocking reform?

I think Republicans get it. They just don't mind. They think they win when the corporations win. They won't understand until its too late. Hell, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not.

Sealy the corporations are more and more owned by the freaking government run by the freaking government and going broke because of the freaking government and you still want to blame the corporations for what Obama has wrought.

The Democrat mantra for the last 60 years has been if it works tax it if it still works regulate it. If it still works repeat steps one and tywo until it quits working. Finally once it fails to work subsidize it.

Sealy the corporations are more and more owned by the freaking government run by the freaking government and going broke because of the freaking government and you still want to blame the corporations for what Obama has wrought.

The Democrat mantra for the last 60 years has been if it works tax it if it still works regulate it. If it still works repeat steps one and tywo until it quits working. Finally once it fails to work subsidize it.

The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

So, since the government has been subsidizing Big Oil for years (not anymore, thank you) while they made extreme historic profits, how does your little mantra fit in with their operational success? And how does it fit with GM's failure? The government was at fault because they made a management decision to produce shitty roadhogs only hogs could afford?

• Thanks
Reactions: del

So, since the government has been subsidizing Big Oil for years (not anymore, thank you) while they made extreme historic profits, how does your little mantra fit in with their operational success? And how does it fit with GM's failure? The government was at fault because they made a management decision to produce shitty roadhogs only hogs could afford?

With Cap and Trade the Govt will control energy production. So if that bill gets into obama's hands to be signed into law he will be right.

GM failed not because of their awesome cars, but because of their ridiculous labor contracts paying on average $78/hour including benefits. Their competition only pays $45/hour including benefits. Thats a lot of expense to add into the price of a car, making them more expensive than the foreign competitors (who BTW have factories in the USA just like domestic companies)

Big oil pays BILLIONS to politicians on both sides of the aisle, that is how they got/get such sweetheart deals and regulations passed.

The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

Yeah, I thought the quote looked familiar. Reagan was [in]famous for saying stuff he really couldn't back up (he called them "my quips"), and a royal hypocrite since he was once one of those evil liberals himself. I wonder how many people who post here were even out of diapers when Reagan was Governor of California because his "legacy" doesn't match the hero worship. During his two terms, Reagan cut state welfare and medical services and aid to public schools and higher education. BUT, he instituted Medi-Cal, and he also signed a series of tax increases (including raising the income tax) all aimed at ending the state's deficit. During his tenure, California's budget more than doubled and the number of state employees increased significantly. Yet Reagan continues to be the icon of the "smaller government" American right. Go figure.

With Cap and Trade the Govt will control energy production. So if that bill gets into obama's hands to be signed into law he will be right.

GM failed not because of their awesome cars, but because of their ridiculous labor contracts paying on average $78/hour including benefits. Their competition only pays $45/hour including benefits. Thats a lot of expense to add into the price of a car, making them more expensive than the foreign competitors (who BTW have factories in the USA just like domestic companies)
Not so. If you wish to revisit that topic, I have all the ammunition. For starters, union contracts have historically been a built-in cost for the auto manufacturers no matter what type of vehicle they built. Nothing changed when they changed the design.

Big oil pays BILLIONS to politicians on both sides of the aisle, that is how they got/get such sweetheart deals and regulations passed.

With Senators Inhofe and Stevens making damned sure they never felt pinched.

The reason Rasmussen isn't taken sriously is because they use computer automated dialing, whereas most of the others use demographic information, i.e., voter registration records.

I'm not saying they make things up, but their methodology has always been almost too simplistic. Rasmussen also always seems to come in AFTER other polls on a similar subject have posted THEIR results, almost as if they're polling in order to present a challenge to their competition. Which isn't what polling should be all about.

All that said, the fact that Obama's numbers are falling isn't the least bit surprising to me. He was elected following a hard-hitting campaign by both Republicans and the Clintons; he entered office only to immediately be emersed neck deep in a national, then global, economic struggle; all the while trying to fulfill campaign pledges PROMISED to his base of supporters, the biggest being health care which would have been a rough road in any event.
yet he always manages to be one of the closest to the actual results of an election, imagine that

Huh?

Here's all the polls, including the spreads, up to and including election day. Drop down to November 3. Yep, Rasmussen/Fox, off the mark.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Latest Polls
you cant fucking read
they had obama by 6 points and thata damn close to what it was
you just keep proving you are a fucking moron over and over

Huh?

you cant fucking read

You really take the bait every time. By that time, there was no way EVERYONE wasn't going to be close. I really just wanted you to see the affiliation between Rasmussen and Fox.

Huh?

you cant fucking read

You really take the bait every time. By that time, there was no way EVERYONE wasn't going to be close. I really just wanted you to see the affiliation between Rasmussen and Fox.
yeah, cause that really makes a big difference

you once again prove you are a fucking moron

If you don't realize/understand/see that thru the lobbyists the corporations own our politicians and not the other way around, then I can't help you.

I always wonder when i talk to someone like you, "does this person really believe the shit they are saying"? :cuckoo:

The GOP mantra is if it works, privatize the profits and socialize the losses and then deregulate it to the point that it brings down the world economy so they can practice desaster capitalism. And then blame the Dems, which will be easy for their supporters to swallow.

No matter what the polls are saying, any honest person will admit that obama is NOT doing what they voted for. He's so far proven he's the most radical man to ever inhabit the White House. He should be impeached and ran out on a rail. The little fucker hasn't even conclusively proven he's a natural born citizen. Just cross your fingers and pray to God that there's enough left of our country to salvage after he's kicked out of the White House.

Forum List

Back