Is it racist?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
The elephant in the room here is that monkey comparisons to blacks sting because, well, blacks look, sound and act kind of like monkeys. Genetically, all humans are descended from monkeys (see Bush II), but we get the sense (and probably DNA would show) that blacks are closer to them. Look at an ape hand, and look at a dark black person's hand... it's like the same thing. Look at a black man's wide nose, and look at an ape's wide nose. Watch a bunch of monkeys get all whipped up, and watch a group of blacks get all whipped up. Compare the long-reach arms of a black basketball player, and an ape at the zoo. Sorry, but there's a similarity there. So, it really pisses blacks off to be called apes or monkeys in a way that it wouldn't if you called them, say, giraffes or gazelles.

Americans still linking blacks to apes | Science Blog

Ohh look the board's white racist chimes in.

this proves why you are a fucking moron
you dont know shit about me
i never have "loved" McCain and didnt vote for him in any primary or caucus
in fact, i think he was the worst of the lot of the republicans that ran(except for Paul, but he's not really a republican, he's a libertarian)
but, he is far and away better than Obama

Well you sure fooled me, with your fawning and pathetic excuses for anything and everything McCain or any Republican does.

and keep counting those chickens
just watch out for that bradley effect

Point proven. Only a McCainophile would be able to spew this kind of crap at this point. Your boy is going to LOSE.

oh, and the real poll, the one on Nov 2nd, there wont be any over sampling

The "oversampling" you say is going on, isn't. THey are polling more Democrats because more of the country is Democrat.

And yeah...the real poll on Nov 2nd is the one that matters :badgrin: Make sure you show up on Nov 2nd and ask to vote...:badgrin:

yeah, someone already got me on that
i guess i should have said on the first tuesday in Nov
But it isn't always the first tuesday of the month, it has to follow the first monday so it can never be on the first of the month.

Well you sure fooled me, with your fawning and pathetic excuses for anything and everything McCain or any Republican does.

Point proven. Only a McCainophile would be able to spew this kind of crap at this point. Your boy is going to LOSE.

The "oversampling" you say is going on, isn't. THey are polling more Democrats because more of the country is Democrat.

And yeah...the real poll on Nov 2nd is the one that matters :badgrin: Make sure you show up on Nov 2nd and ask to vote...:badgrin:
thanks again for proving once again what a moron you are

when you start posting facts, i wont post insults, deal?

Sure. I take it your assuming I haven't posted any facts yet?

So do tell me what exactly is your issue with the election being on November 4th. Is that somehow not a fact in your eyes? Or do you disagree with it?

Or perhaps your problem is with the fact that more of the country is Democrat. Is that the fact you have an issue with? Do feel free to enlighten me with your wisdom about when the election is, or the demographics of the country.

Sure. I take it your assuming I haven't posted any facts yet?

So do tell me what exactly is your issue with the election being on November 4th. Is that somehow not a fact in your eyes? Or do you disagree with it?

Or perhaps your problem is with the fact that more of the country is Democrat. Is that the fact you have an issue with? Do feel free to enlighten me with your wisdom about when the election is, or the demographics of the country.
yeah, more ID as dems but not 40%+

but ya know what, keep believing these dishonest polls
but dont you cry on Nov 5th that the election was stolen
deal?

yeah, more ID as dems but not 40%+

but ya know what, keep believing these dishonest polls
but dont you cry on Nov 5th that the election was stolen
deal?

Its 37% counting only Democrats. Its 51% of the country with "leaners".

Lmao, its hilarious that you are so incredibly blind to reality that you actually think McCain will win. :badgrin:

Want to make a bet about who will win? If Obama wins, you leave the boards and never come back. If McCain wins, I will leave the boards and never come back.

Deal?

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/933.pdf

Its 37% counting only Democrats. Its 51% of the country with "leaners".

Lmao, its hilarious that you are so incredibly blind to reality that you actually think McCain will win. :badgrin:

Want to make a bet about who will win? If Obama wins, you leave the boards and never come back. If McCain wins, I will leave the boards and never come back.

Deal?

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/933.pdf
i dont make stupid bets on politics

and i dont trust that poll either

Might have to explain this one, not everyone knows the cartoon in question. And yes that would be a form of racism. Not just because Curious George is a monkey but because it has no bearing on Obama at all in any way form or shape EXCEPT the racial "monkey" part.

I disagree I think people look at the comment and jump to a racial conlusion. However, they may have been insinuating a feeble minded well meaning person who just didn't realize the true effects of his actions.

I disagree I think people look at the comment and jump to a racial conlusion. However, they may have been insinuating a feeble minded well meaning person who just didn't realize the true effects of his actions.

Curious George isn't feeble-minded, though. He is a mischievous and curious little guy that is good at getting himself out of the jams he gets himself into.

I found this interesting bit of history on Wikipedia: In the United Kingdom, George was originally called Zozo, apparently to avoid using the name of the then-king, George VI, for a monkey.[2]

occam's razor, dude... you're going to hurt yourself spinning around that much.

define:Occam's Razor - Google Search

Seriously, Im black and my first thought would be dependent upon the context just because someone reffered to a black man as curious George doesn't mean it was a racial slur. Second if we were going to look at it from that perspective we would have to go into a deep philisophical discussion of why the owner was white. The explanation is always as simple as the person who made the statement.

Seriously, Im black and my first thought would be dependent upon the context just because someone reffered to a black man as curious George doesn't mean it was a racial slur. Second if we were going to look at it from that perspective we would have to go into a deep philisophical discussion of why the owner was white. The explanation is always as simple as the person who made the statement.

I know you say you're black. And you seem to want to justify your support for these people. I understand.

I agree that the explanation is as simple as the people making the statement. But ask yourself WHY they're making the statements? It should offend you to your core.

BTW, how do you feel about the fact that Colin Powell is probably going to be endorsing Obama?

Forum List

Back