Is it racist?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
If it's fine to call Bush 'chimp' it's fine to call Obama 'monkey.' Just following the libbies' guidelines.

No, actually your following an asinine caricature of "libbies guidelines".

But then, it wouldn't really be you if you weren't being an ass.

Last night I was discussing the upcoming election with a guy who called, in all seriousness, Obama Curious George. Not once, but twice.

I thought he was being a racist and told him so, though he insisted he wasn't being a racist.

What do you think--is calling Obama Curious George racist or not?

I voted yes.

Calling him a chimp is NOT just calling him stupid, actually. This is quite a simple concept. The term monkey has racial overtones when directed at a black man.

Let's get real here. The liberals intent has been to debase Bush and the republicans for 8 years. They have used the ugliest adjectives and comparisons as possible are still using them to describe McCain and Palin. If you think that you can now cry foul because some conservatives are playing the mudslinging game your an idiot. Curious George is TAME compared to what could be used to senselessly debase Obama.

Let's get real here. The liberals intent has been to debase Bush and the republicans for 8 years. They have used the ugliest adjectives and comparisons as possible are still using them to describe McCain and Palin. If you think that you can now cry foul because some conservatives are playing the mudslinging game your an idiot. Curious George is TAME compared to what could be used to senselessly debase Obama.

Alright, I admit to comparing W to "Curious George" on occasion. :eusa_angel:

Calling him a chimp is NOT just calling him stupid, actually. This is quite a simple concept. The term monkey has racial overtones when directed at a black man.
so, you're saying we need to descriminate in how its ok to call a chimp
Obama = no
Bush = ok

got it
i thought MLK Jr's dream was for a "color blind" society
i guess we moved beyond that now

The problem isn't the "mudslinging game". The problem is its relevance to racism. If you somehow missed that, I'm not quite sure how to help you.

so, you're saying we need to descriminate in how its ok to call a chimp
Obama = no
Bush = ok

got it
i thought MLK Jr's dream was for a "color blind" society
i guess we moved beyond that now

You can call Bush and Obama chimp equally and treat them on equal grounds, when your side stops hanging nooses around pictures of Obama, when they stop spreading lies about him being a Muslim, and when we don't have KKK groups in this country.

MLK wanted a colorblind society, but only an idiot of the highest order would think that a colorblind society means we have to ignore instances of racism. Thats pretty much the stupidest thing ever.

The problem isn't the "mudslinging game". The problem is its relevance to racism. If you somehow missed that, I'm not quite sure how to help you.

Sorry---trying to make race somehow out of bounds when democrats try to take full advantage of it is another one of your double standards.
I haven't seen the liberals back off of making fun of Palin. They use her gender against her all the time.
Do you understand why they get called 'whiney' now ?

You can call Bush and Obama chimp equally and treat them on equal grounds, when your side stops hanging nooses around pictures of Obama, when they stop spreading lies about him being a Muslim, and when we don't have KKK groups in this country.

MLK wanted a colorblind society, but only an idiot of the highest order would think that a colorblind society means we have to ignore instances of racism. Thats pretty much the stupidest thing ever.
"my side"
you dont even know what "my side" is
you call ME a hack
LOL
you are a stupid fucking hack yourself

What about those of us not voting for him just because he flat out sucks donkey dick?

Are we racist?

(Ok, that was a little crude, but I'm really crabby)
Isn't that exactly what I said! I have no problem if you are voting for mccain if you believe what he believes in.

the more you think about it ,,Obama does look like curious George ..not because he is black.. but because he Has a small head and big ass ears,,even if he where white ..he would still resemble George...I would love to hear MCcain say it ...and friends who do you suppose voted to raise your taxes to fund sex education for children..that's right....curious George over here !

Let's get real here. The liberals intent has been to debase Bush and the republicans for 8 years. They have used the ugliest adjectives and comparisons as possible are still using them to describe McCain and Palin.
Perhaps, if the Republicans are offended the little crybabies, they shouldn't have spent the last eight years or so pretending liberals hate America and are traitors. That's really hard to top, insult wise.
If you think that you can now cry foul because some conservatives are playing the mudslinging game your an idiot. Curious George is TAME compared to what could be used to senselessly debase Obama.
I get it, tame racism is okay.

Sorry---trying to make race somehow out of bounds when democrats try to take full advantage of it is another one of your double standards.
I haven't seen the liberals back off of making fun of Palin. They use her gender against her all the time.
Do you understand why they get called 'whiney' now ?

Racial slurs ARE out of bounds. If you can't realize that, there is no helping you.

And nobody should be making fun of Palin because of her gender. Not many people have, and there was a backlash from many in the left because of the ones who did.

"my side"
you dont even know what "my side" is
you call ME a hack
LOL
you are a stupid fucking hack yourself

Actually I do. You are the fucking joke who will do anything to get a Republican elected, no matter who it is.

And really the "I know you are, but what am I?" tactic is fucking retarded. Surely even a mental midget like yourself can come up with something better than that.

Racial slurs ARE out of bounds. If you can't realize that, there is no helping you.

And nobody should be making fun of Palin because of her gender. Not many people have, and there was a backlash from many in the left because of the ones who did.

balderdash

Forum List

Back