Is it racist?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Curious George isn't feeble-minded, though. He is a mischievous and curious little guy that is good at getting himself out of the jams he gets himself into.

I found this interesting bit of history on Wikipedia: In the United Kingdom, George was originally called Zozo, apparently to avoid using the name of the then-king, George VI, for a monkey.[2]

Was he black?...

I know you say you're black. And you seem to want to justify your support for these people. I understand.

I agree that the explanation is as simple as the people making the statement. But ask yourself WHY they're making the statements? It should offend you to your core.

BTW, how do you feel about the fact that Colin Powell is probably going to be endorsing Obama?

I may not be the most educated person on the planet but I do know when I should be offended. Actually you informing me on when I should be offended is kind of offensive :eusa_eh:

As far as who Colin Powell endorses, I couldn't care less. In my opinion endorsements are a joke. Colin Powell is educated and has my full respect. However, if he endorses Obama it will simply be something I disagree with him on. It would not lower the amount of respect I have for him it would simply make me question his political stance if he was to ever run for office.

"Colin Powell is PROBABLY going to endorse Obama"?

What exactly is that based upon? 18 days left, I haven't heard anything of the kind.

THe question doesn't read that way, though. The question reads Curious George-racist or not?

The book is certainly not racist. It's idiotic to say that the author was making a racist comment against Obama just because 50 years later Obama happens to look like C.G.

As I said before, comparisons of Bush to chimps caused widespread hilarity a few years ago.

THe question doesn't read that way, though. The question reads Curious George-racist or not?

The book is certainly not racist. It's idiotic to say that the author was making a racist comment against Obama just because 50 years later Obama happens to look like C.G.

As I said before, comparisons of Bush to chimps caused widespread hilarity a few years ago.
I'm sorry, I forget sometimes that you can't read.

I'm sorry, I forget sometimes that you can't read.

Not can't, just sometimes "don't". Particularly if it's ridiculous racist garbage posted by yourself.

Comparing Obama to Curious George, when there's such a ridiculous and marked resemblence, is no more racist than comparing Bush to chimps.

It's impossible to get around. We look like chimps, whites and blacks.

Hmmm...if saying things which result in other people getting mad and losing their cool can be considered "hate speech" then I would think calling comparing Hitler to Bush could be considered hate speech.

I also think attributing hateful motives and using incredibly vile racist slogans, then attributing them to people who have never used those slogans could also be considered hate speech. AFter all,t he definition is to deliberately incite hate. I think that's what Ravi does every time she accuses us of racism, using explicit and offensive hate rhetoric...which she then neatly attributes to people who have never voiced it.

Hmmm...if saying things which result in other people getting mad and losing their cool can be considered "hate speech" then I would think calling comparing Hitler to Bush could be considered hate speech.

I also think attributing hateful motives and using incredibly vile racist slogans, then attributing them to people who have never used those slogans could also be considered hate speech. AFter all,t he definition is to deliberately incite hate. I think that's what Ravi does every time she accuses us of racism, using explicit and offensive hate rhetoric...which she then neatly attributes to people who have never voiced it.
Link?

"Hate speech" is another gobbaldy gook phrase that just means saying things to piss people off. Everyone uses it from time to time.

i dont make stupid bets on politics

Aww, poor baby. Your willing to say the polls are all fake, but when its time to pony up you "don't make stupid bets" eh? Its ok, I get it.

and i dont trust that poll either

Of course not. Its not a trustworthy poll unless it satisfies your preconceived beliefs, right?

Fucking absurd.

"Colin Powell is PROBABLY going to endorse Obama"?

What exactly is that based upon? 18 days left, I haven't heard anything of the kind.

You can post the mindless shit that Drudge posts ad nauseum, but you somehow miss the "Colin Powell might endorse Obama" link on Drudge?

Damn, your even more one-sided than he is.

Aww, poor baby. Your willing to say the polls are all fake, but when its time to pony up you "don't make stupid bets" eh? Its ok, I get it.

Of course not. Its not a trustworthy poll unless it satisfies your preconceived beliefs, right?

Fucking absurd.
yes, you are fucking absurd
i dont make stupid internet bets, nor do i make bets with fucking morons, you lose on BOTH accounts

yes, you are fucking absurd
i dont make stupid internet bets, nor do i make bets with fucking morons, you lose on BOTH accounts

tsk tsk. I thought you said you'd stop with the insults when I posted facts, which I did. I guess your nothing more than a dishonest partisan hack.

Forum List

Back