CDZ Could using Islam as a political philosophy make trumps ban constitutional?

Tell me exactly how you ban Islam as a political system- while not also unconstitutionally banning Islam- the religion.
It isn't two separate things. Islam is a religion and a political system.
See, I am giving the premise to constitutionally ban islam. Stop skirting around the OP!

Where exactly in your Constitution do you see it saying you can ban a religion- if that religion is also a political system?

Here is what my Constitution says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Show me what yours says
a hack lefty taking the word of the COTUS strictly. How quaint.
AGAIN, this could be presented to the courts as a political system. Regardless if you like it or not.

So you consider the Constitution of the United States as 'quaint'?

Again-

Where exactly in your Constitution do you see it saying you can ban a religion- if that religion is also a political system?

Here is what my Constitution says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

I actually respect the Constitution and our Bill of Rights.

Shame you don't.
I do dumbfuck. That's why I am wanting to discuss ways to get around it and it be constitutional.
I know what the first amendment says retard. That's why I bring up islamics goal of world wide claiphates which IS unconstitutional.

LIke I said- I actually respect the Constitution- you are trying ways to 'get around' the Constitution.

That is the bottom line here- how can you ignore the First Amendment- in order to ban Muslims from America.

Well done.

"Islam provides details for every facet of a person’s life, while this is not found in any other religion" (vol. 4, p. 285). ----Mufti Muhammad Aashiq Illahi Muhajir Madani

Well, I know damn well I don't concur with the Mufti. Along with the Ten Commandments, Christianity offers, "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

I don't know about you, but "love thy neighbor as thyself" sure seems succinctly to provide guidance for every aspect of how a Christian should live his/her life to the extent that s/he must interact with others. The Ten Commandments sure seem to cover all the bases, as it were, for whatever one might do in solitude.

Can those dozen instructions be spelled out and expounded upon in great and excruciating detail? Sure, but they have to be; they contain more than enough detail to be followed without much difficulty.

Can you imagine the uproar if we tried to argue that guns are animal husbandry devices and therefore we can ban guns just as we can ban animal husbandry devices?

And then openly admitted we were just doing that as a way to get around the Constitution?

The right question is "Have you read the Constitution, the 1st Amendment, and any commentaries that apply to your concern about religion in America?"

What Harley doesn't want to address- because he just wants to argue about whether or not Islam is also a political system- is that Islam is a religion.

Does he want to argue that it is okay to ignore the Constitution if he says a religion is also a political system?

Who knows.

That thought crossed my mind as well, but I decided that he must realize that Islam is a religion, no matter the extent to which it is or is used to support social/political ends and/or means. I also opted to let him clarify what he wanted to discuss for it wasn't entirely clear from the OP just what it be, and I damn sure am not going to read through pages and pages of posts to try to find out. LOL

Can you imagine the uproar if we tried to argue that guns are animal husbandry devices and therefore we can ban guns just as we can ban animal husbandry devices?

And then openly admitted we were just doing that as a way to get around the Constitution?
Dude, even the Supreme Court does it. Remember when they had to deem aca a tax?

Well that is a winning argument.

Your battle cry will be "Remember the ACA while I piss on the First Amendment"

The right question is "Have you read the Constitution, the 1st Amendment, and any commentaries that apply to your concern about religion in America?"

What Harley doesn't want to address- because he just wants to argue about whether or not Islam is also a political system- is that Islam is a religion.

Does he want to argue that it is okay to ignore the Constitution if he says a religion is also a political system?

Who knows.

That thought crossed my mind as well, but I decided that he must realize that Islam is a religion, no matter the extent to which it is or is used to support social/political ends and/or means. I also opted to let him clarify what he wanted to discuss for it wasn't entirely clear from the OP just what it be, and I damn sure am not going to read through pages and pages of posts to try to find out. LOL
Yea it is a religion. But it is also a political system. A political system, that in its entirety, must conquer anything that opposes it.
This thread is about a way to diminish the first amendment argument.

No genius. I was simply pointing out even our Supreme Court "goes around the cotus". I have merit in my argument Simply by the precedent set by the supreme court

No genius. I was simply pointing out even our Supreme Court "goes around the cotus". I have merit in my argument Simply by the precedent set by the supreme court

Whatever rationalization you want to use for your looking for a way to piss on the First Amendment.

Who knows.

Yea it is a religion. But it is also a political system. A political system, that in its entirety, must conquer anything that opposes it.

TY for the clarification. Let me think about that for a while. For now, I need to finish reading the two documents I noted earlier.

I do dumbfuck. That's why I am wanting to discuss ways to get around it and it be constitutional.
I know what the first amendment says retard. That's why I bring up islamics goal of world wide claiphates which IS unconstitutional.
You were doing so well, too. This is the CDZ. Act it.

Who knows.

"How to pretend a religion is not protected by the First Amendment"

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

TY for the clarification. Let me think about that for a while. For now, I need to finish reading the two documents I noted earlier.
The 1st Amendment cannot be diminished without a Declaration of War. However, make all immigrants to accept in statement and writing that shari'a is inferior to American law. That we can do.

The 1st Amendment cannot be diminished without a Declaration of War. However, make all immigrants to accept in statement and writing that shari'a is inferior to American law. That we can do.

Why ask Jewish immigrants to sign a statement saying that Sharia is inferior to American law?

Instead- ask all immigrants to confirm that they accept that the U.S. Constitution is the Supreme Law in the United States and that they will not act in anyway contrary to the U.S. Constitution.

No one said diminish the first amendment

No one said diminish the first amendment
Yeah you did. Just open the thread line here.

You wrote, "This thread is about a way to diminish the first amendment argument." And you wrote, "No one said diminish the first amendment."

You are contradicting yourself. If you double down, you will admit that your integrity has gone south.

You wrote, "This thread is about a way to diminish the first amendment argument." And you wrote, "No one said diminish the first amendment."

You are contradicting yourself. If you double down, you will admit that your integrity has gone south.
Argument jake. The argument. ARGUMENT

Forum List

Back