CDZ Could using Islam as a political philosophy make trumps ban constitutional?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Islam is a political philosophy, legal system, hygiene system etc
Could that be used to make Trumps ban constitutional? I know people argue the first and it limits the government. Which, I agree with(thanks Jarhead). So what about this?

Last edited:
I mean, Islamic ME nations hate the wests politics and philosophy. Hell, that's why they created the muslim brotherhood lol
They were scared of political retreat..

Do you mean advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government?
Yes. Something like that. I didn't put that. My apologies.
Sometimes I think faster than I type.. Or vice versa :lol:

Yup, you have a point. And if Christianity or Judaism were to live by the Book, those systems would be antithetical to our Constitution.

So, no, I don't think we should do that.

Yup, you have a point. And if Christianity or Judaism were to live by the Book, those systems would be antithetical to our Constitution.

Would it be the same,though?
In the bible, does it tell you to do things, politically? Like, in Acts, it spoke of things that had happened. Some people interpret it that way(it tells you how to run society), but the Quran is pretty strait forward.

In the bible, does it tell you to do things, politically? Like, in Acts, it spoke of things that had happened. Some people interpret it that way(it tells you how to run society), but the Quran is pretty strait forward.
I was thinking the OT in particular.

Yeah, kill your children if they sass you, you know.

Is the old testament a "system"?

I mean, Islamic ME nations hate the wests politics and philosophy. Hell, that's why they created the muslim brotherhood lol
They were scared of political retreat..

Muslim Brotherhood came into being to oppose Middle Eastern governments.

Could that be used to make Trumps ban constitutional? I know people argue the first and it limits the government. Which, I agree with(thanks Jarhead). So what about this?

"Could that be used to make Trumps ban constitutional?"

What ban?

What ban?
his hypothetical ban

Certainly, you try being a hippie rocker in Jerusalem of the 2d century.

I am not discussing how people interpreted it, silly.
I am asking if the old t is a political system like Islam is.

What ban?
his hypothetical ban

Sigh- specifically what ban are you speaking of? I like specifics rather than vagaries when dealing with Constitutional issues.

Sure it is.

Look at the 10 Commandments.

Hell there are Christians to this day that insist that our legal and political system should be based upon the 10 Commandments.

What ban?
his hypothetical ban

Sigh- specifically what ban are you speaking of? I like specifics rather than vagaries when dealing with Constitutional issues.
Stopping muslim immigration. What other ban for islam did he mention?

Sure it is.

Hell there are Christians to this day that insist that our legal and political system should be based upon the 10 Commandments.
I am not talking about "insisting"
The ten commandments is a political system? Really?

Sure it is.

I am not talking about "insisting"
The ten commandments is a political system? Really?
not just the ten commandments. there are lots of biblical laws and traditions

Forum List

Back