Could Trump Actually Deport 11 Million People?

In a word, Y-E-S

Trump Isn’t Bluffing, He’ll Deport 11 Million People

"Legally, there’s nothing to it.

"Trump doesn’t need an act of Congress.

"He doesn’t even have to sign an executive order.

"All he’ll have to do to set this outrage in motion is pick up the phone and tell the head of Immigration and Customs Enforcement to do his or her job: enforce the law.

"Camps cost money. So do more agents. No problem.

"President Trump can shift his budget priorities in favor of ICE.

"He’s already said he would triple ICE’s enforcement division from 5,000 to 15,000 officers.

"The FBI would have to pitch in."

Sure, the optics of the biggest forced population movement since Stalin would present problems, and it isn't too likely countries of origin would be thrilled about receiving millions of bitter, unemployed new arrivals, but could Trump actually deliver on his promise?

What happens to his administration if he can't?

The cost to recruit, background check, train line staff and supervisors is enormous; the salary and benefits would be huge and the time to do all of this would be years, not months. Trump is a demagogue, what he promises is impossible; he is also a charlatan for he has no idea how stupid his promises actually are.

BTW, each deportee is entitled to legal counsel and due process, which takes time; the detention of so many people requires lodging, feeding, medical care and supervision. Thus more administrative judges will need to be hired, more defense lawyers and more US Attorneys, more US Marshals and the care of children, many of whom will be US Citizens will further impact the final cost, in terms of dollars and human misery. Only callous jerks and fools believe Trump and hope he pulls off the impossible.

No, if you do not have a birth certificate, you are not eligible to work, get a driver's license or welfare benefits. If you can't prove that you are here legally, none of those things would be available. They would have no other choice but to leave. Afterall, they got here on their own and they can leave on their own.

Aliens without a work visa are working today and have been working and will continue to work, drive cars and obtain medical treatment without a birth certificate today, tomorrow and years into the future. They have a choice, and working for cash / under the table saves them from paying taxes and their employer from paying payroll taxes and providing benefits or prevailing wages. Self deportation was simply a Romney fantasy.

Mmm, why?

I'm going to spend the afternoon flushing out illegal aliens. Speak Spanish? Eat tacos? Drive a low rider? Listen to salsa? They are all going on my list. Then, I am going to send the list to Trump, and I am sure that every one of them will be gone by next Saturday.....

In a word, Y-E-S

Trump Isn’t Bluffing, He’ll Deport 11 Million People

"Legally, there’s nothing to it.

"Trump doesn’t need an act of Congress.

"He doesn’t even have to sign an executive order.

"All he’ll have to do to set this outrage in motion is pick up the phone and tell the head of Immigration and Customs Enforcement to do his or her job: enforce the law.

"Camps cost money. So do more agents. No problem.

"President Trump can shift his budget priorities in favor of ICE.

"He’s already said he would triple ICE’s enforcement division from 5,000 to 15,000 officers.

"The FBI would have to pitch in."

Sure, the optics of the biggest forced population movement since Stalin would present problems, and it isn't too likely countries of origin would be thrilled about receiving millions of bitter, unemployed new arrivals, but could Trump actually deliver on his promise?

What happens to his administration if he can't?

Bill Clinton, with much fewer assets in the field, deported 12.3 million immigrants during his presidency,
almost four times the number of the Obama Administration. -
Clinton Deported 4 Times as Many Illegal Aliens As Obama

Half - Truth distortion. ^^^ or maybe a full fledged lie.

How many efforts to enter the US have been turned around at the border during the Obama tenure? How many were deported and or turned away during the G.W. and George H. W. Bush tenures and under the Reagan Administration? How many received amnesty from Reagan?

I'm going to spend the afternoon flushing out illegal aliens. Speak Spanish? Eat tacos? Drive a low rider? Listen to salsa? They are all going on my list. Then, I am going to send the list to Trump, and I am sure that every one of them will be gone by next Saturday.....
We know where they are...we send them checks .......

Sending people HOME is not the same as sending them to DEATHCAMPS.
Sending some of these illegal migrants home is a death sentence.
FT_14.07.01_child_migrants_map_full1.png

I don't see how you would separate the refugees from the illegals without providing trials instead of hearings.

Deport Pedro ... Hire Johnnie !

oh wait, something is wrong here ...

Donald Trump is staking his run for U.S. president in part on a vow to protect American jobs. But this month, one of his companies, the elite Mar-a-Lago Club resort in Florida, applied to import 70 foreign workers to serve as cooks, wait staff and cleaners.

A Reuters analysis of U.S. government data reveals that this is business as usual in the New York property magnate's empire.

Trump owns companies that have sought to import at least 1,100 foreign workers on temporary visas since 2000, according to U.S. Department of Labor data reviewed by Reuters. Most of the applications were approved, the data show.

Nine companies majority-owned by Trump have sought to bring in foreign waitresses, cooks, vineyard workers and other laborers on temporary work-visa programs administered by the Labor Department.

The candidate's foreign talent hunt included applications for an assistant golf-course superintendent, an assistant hotel manager and a banquet manager.

Two of his companies, Trump Model Management and Trump Management Group LLC, have sought visas for nearly 250 foreign fashion models, the records show.

Trump’s presidential campaign and a lawyer for the businessman declined to comment. The Mar-a-Lago Club could not be reached for comment.

oh yeah, Trump is a liar, and his Trumbots believe him ... thats whats wrong.

More like freeloaders. The cost far outweighs any benefit. Turn off the welfare spigot and they will self deport. They got here on their own...they can leave on their own when there is no "gubermint" teat to suckle from.

or. more in line with reality, they'll start committing crimes.
I don't know how many undocumented workers you've ever worked around; however, I have worked with hundreds over the course of my 45 years in the labor market. I've found them to be the hardest workers I've ever come across, and a significant percentage of them would never have left home without a push from DC.
NAFTA-protest.jpg

The degree of efficiency isn't the point. If you have been working around hundreds of illegals, then you have been working around a broken system that operates at the expense of American workers. We do not have an infinite amount of jobs here.
Name another country that would allows thousands of Americans to waltz across their border, then fire their own citizens to put us to work. This is an absurd diaspora created by the UN to change our country into the country of everyone, but. We either stop the assault or redefine the United States of America as an non sovereign nation of the UN.

Deport Pedro ... Hire Johnnie !

oh wait, something is wrong here ...

Donald Trump is staking his run for U.S. president in part on a vow to protect American jobs. But this month, one of his companies, the elite Mar-a-Lago Club resort in Florida, applied to import 70 foreign workers to serve as cooks, wait staff and cleaners.

A Reuters analysis of U.S. government data reveals that this is business as usual in the New York property magnate's empire.

Trump owns companies that have sought to import at least 1,100 foreign workers on temporary visas since 2000, according to U.S. Department of Labor data reviewed by Reuters. Most of the applications were approved, the data show.

Nine companies majority-owned by Trump have sought to bring in foreign waitresses, cooks, vineyard workers and other laborers on temporary work-visa programs administered by the Labor Department.

The candidate's foreign talent hunt included applications for an assistant golf-course superintendent, an assistant hotel manager and a banquet manager.

Two of his companies, Trump Model Management and Trump Management Group LLC, have sought visas for nearly 250 foreign fashion models, the records show.

Trump’s presidential campaign and a lawyer for the businessman declined to comment. The Mar-a-Lago Club could not be reached for comment.

oh yeah, Trump is a liar, and his Trumbots believe him ... thats whats wrong.

Donnie is creating jobs ??? ...

at some point it will implode when illegals are living in those tiny decrappitating apts. maybe 10-20 sharing them, and no water/electricity,,,but at least their back yards will be loaded with compost to plant tomatoes.

The cost to recruit, background check, train line staff and supervisors is enormous; the salary and benefits would be huge and the time to do all of this would be years, not months. Trump is a demagogue, what he promises is impossible; he is also a charlatan for he has no idea how stupid his promises actually are.
How To Deport 11 Million People Humanely*
"Mark Krikorian, the executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, said in an email that he had 'no idea' what Trump has in mind in terms of deportation, but had some suggestions 'to get a significant share of the illegal population to leave, and none of it is ‘inhumane’ by any non-advocacy-group definition.'

"That would include increasing deportation to 2013 levels, requiring employers to use the E-Verify system to check new hires’ immigration status, and making local law enforcement coordinate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

"Krikorian also suggested pushing states to stop issuing driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants.

"At the same time, he said, the government could crack down on people who overstay their visas, and prosecute all unauthorized border-crossers.

“'Do all that, and you’ll see the illegal population shrink significantly, mainly through attrition,' Krikorian wrote."

I see 2 choices.

A. Stay with legal relatives

2. Go home with their parents
Children of illegal migrants born in the US would not be going "home" if they were deported with their parents. Legal relatives would likely need some kind of economic assistance to provide room and board for those torn from their own family. It seems almost un-American to blame children for the crimes of their parents.

Many large businesses will be dismayed by this because they will be forced to pay american citizens more to do those jobs. Will be interesting.

Forum List

Back