Cop shoots woman for rolling her window up

Dissent

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
FEMA region 4
Patricia A. Cook Dies In Culpeper Police Officer Involved Shooting In VA | wusa9.com

Contempt of cop. Its an offense worthy of death obviously. I know this happened in February but its been covered a lot on the RP forums...we don't care for thugs with badges abusing their power much. I can say my door stays locked at all times when I am driving as do all the other doors in my vehicle and my window is rolled down just enough for me to speak to him and give him my papers if asked for them. I have had a pig try to drag me from my vehicle before it was locked but stupidly had window down all the way as they were harassing me. Learned my lesson that time...never again.

care_room.jpg

So how about this economy eh?

• Banned
Oh jeez I dunno because they can and they have a badge so people automatically trust them and believe them especially if its someone with a record. Oh and in this case there was a witness.

I wish anarchists had their own non-state with no laws.

Then they could kill each other off.

I wish thugs with badges would learn to obey the law and not take it into their own hands. Just because you got a badge don't make you above the law and above everyone else. Treat me like shit you will get the same in return. Go ahead arrest me for some made up charge and I will file a lawsuit on your ass. ACLU loves cases involving power hungry cops assaulting and trumping charges up against people.

Damn, shot the woman just 'cause she's an Afro!

(Oh, she's not? We'd all know it was because she was an Afro, if she were an Afro.)

Maybe the witness is wrong about the cop's arm not being in the window? One thing that seems undisputed, is that the f-ing honky woman rolled up her window and tried to drive off while an officer was ordering her not to. That's f-ed up stupid sh1t like Afros do with police.

I would think the car could be examined to see the position of the window when the officer shot. The witness says "all the way up", which would mean the officer didn't have his arm in the Window.

Oh jeez I dunno because they can and they have a badge so people automatically trust them and believe them especially if its someone with a record..

Thanks for making it clear that you will Automatically assume the Worst and Side Against the Cops in all Situation because of your own Bigoted Preconceived Notions about Cops.

No need to Discuss it further with you, You don't want a Debate, You want to Bash the Cops, and Assume they are Evil.

You have no idea what it like for them, Dealing with fucking Wacko's all the time, and never knowing if their next Routine Traffic stop is going to end in their Death.

Damn, shot the woman just 'cause she's an Afro!

(Oh, she's not? We'd all know it was because she was an Afro, if she were an Afro.)

Maybe the witness is wrong about the cop's arm not being in the window? One thing that seems undisputed, is that the f-ing honky woman rolled up her window and tried to drive off while an officer was ordering her not to. That's f-ed up stupid sh1t like Afros do with police.

I would think the car could be examined to see the position of the window when the officer shot. The witness says "all the way up", which would mean the officer didn't have his arm in the Window.

The witness said the first shot was fired before the woman attempted to drive away. The officer claims he shot while he was being dragged away.

And, btw, there's nothing in the story to suggest that she attempted to drive away from the scene aside from the officer's word which is being disputed by an innocent bystander.

Contempt of cop. Its an offense worthy of death obviously.

The woman acted with extreme stupidity, and got herself killed for it. The only question is if the cop's arm was caught in the door.

1) The car can be examined to determine the position of the window when the cop shot.
2) The police car's camera can be examined.
3) The officer had no motive to shoot, unless his arm was in the window.
4) The witness could be mistaken. I don't know what kind of view he had.

So far, the preponderance of the evidence is on the side of police. I'm not a bigoted person that I would choose one side over another in a prejudicial fashion.

Read the links. He was fired and is now going to trial for murder. The husband has also sued him for 5.4 million.He should be found guilty and given death penalty.

Read the links. He was fired and is now going to trial for murder. The husband has also sued him for 5.4 million.He should be found guilty and given death penalty.

Okay, the preponderance of the evidence shifts against the officer. I was unaware that he was fired, which suggests that the evidence doesn't support him. Then, what's the point of this thread? A bad cop is fired and is facing murder charges. What's post-worthy about that?

First of all, she was a 54-year woman sitting in her car in a church parking lot. She may not have realized she was irritating someone just by being there, but someone called the police department and reported her as "suspicious." The first policeman to arrive on the scene to ask her to move on gets his arm caught in her window when she rolls up her window and starts to leave, surprised why anyone would want someone occupying a church parking lot arrested. She may not have realized he was sticking his arm in the window as she was rolling the window up and leaving as he requested. A witness may have misinterpreted what he was seeing, and may have arrived at a time he described inaccurately, considering he could have immediately seen danger to the woman and psychosomatically sympathized with her and not the officer who may well have had to hotfoot it along to keep from going down with his arm stuck in the door.

A lot of things go wrong with a witness during a shooting. A lot of things go wrong with people who are being the object of a perceived verbal attack, and this one may have offended her overall view of cops anyway, never having seen an angry one, and she may have decided he was impersonating a cop and decided to get out of there as quickly as she could, not realizing a cop is trained to use lethal force if he is threatened by someone using a car to stop or hurt him.

Some people who are forced to behave by a cop at some time earlier in their life may have negative feelings toward all policemen. The witness may be interrogated by a psychologist to get at the truth.

All I can say is this is a huge tragedy. I would not dare to decide what the findings will be nor the fate of the cop. People tend to shut up and lawyer up. We won't know a speck of truth until the jury or panel decides whether the cop should go to trial for murder or declared innocent by reason of evidence possibly showing a clear window roll bruise to his arm that was not originally known and as evidence, cannot be disclosed in public prior to the trial.

Be slow to judge because in America, people are innocent until proved guilty.

Witness said he was not stuck,he has been fired and will be going on trial for murder next year. He deserves to get the death penalty.

Forum List

Back