Government killing private charity

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by gallantwarrior, Aug 19, 2012.

1. gallantwarrior

gallantwarrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    So far in the boonies, I'm not on google street vi
    Ratings:
    +6,166
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    May I politely suggest that the city councilmembers who voted to harass this lady should be bounced out on their asses at the community's first opportunity?

3. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Thus the OP thread title is a lie, government is in no way ‘killing’ charity; the program may continue once the zoning variance is obtained. And the program is allowed to continue to the end of the summer.

The City has a responsibility to ensure the safety and well being of all residents, children in particular. The City would be grossly negligent and remiss in its responsibilities by allowing food distribution of this sort to proceed unmonitored, it’s naïve and ignorant to maintain otherwise.

This is a non-issue, and the thread is a failed and pathetic attempt to vilify government when it is merely carrying out its responsibilities in good faith.

4. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194

You are so full of shit it's unbelievable. Gov't on every level is killing the American Spirit of generosity as well as any entrepenuership that hans't been thoroughly squashed by the Obama Admin's policies.

5. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    How would you like if the Catholic Church recruited your neighbor to run a soup kitchen out of her home, next to your home? (Designed to serve Trayvons, not the homeless.) Certainly there's a nearby church, school, or park where these kids could be eating, one with a lot more room than a tiny ghetto yard.

BTW, white people are doing the work here. The meals delivered to her every day, prepackaged.

6. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    I actually wouldn't care if my neighbor set up a few tables in his driveway and fed meals to the neighborhood kids. I'd probably volunteer to help.

And by the way, I don't give a fuck about color, so it's a waste of time and space to talk about it to me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,767
    Fuck it, just don't try to feed anyone. That will keep you out of trouble. put your money in a swiss bank account and let the assholes howl about that. :lol::lol:

8. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,628
    Not only do you spew what you accuse ofthers are doing, you are stepping in it.
    you know that every community has it's variance laws that have been on the books well before Obama or any squashing of the spirit?

9. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,628
    Hard to put prepaired ,eals into a Swiss bank account. She could just let the kids into her house and feed them. Word of mouth is already out there. If she had done it on the down low there would have been no hassle.

10. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    I suspect her house just doesn't have space for that many kids, not to mention that many kids would likely be a bit rambunctious, so there would be concerns about things getting broken.