Conservatives sold themselves two lies

and to put icing on the cake ,,just wait till these kids are able to vote More nails in republican coffins Right now they're the walking dead

Kids vote for liberals until they get a taste of the real world and then they realize that "progressives" are full of shit. Then they start voting for conservatives. It's been that way for a long time.
and Hill outvoted Trump by how much??? States will soon fall in line too

Fall in line? People want a better life. Progressives don't offer that. They offer a mediocre life for everyone except progressive politicians who have great lives. It's a real life Animal Farm with your party!
how did GWB give you a better life ?How is trump? by giving you a measly tax cut?? While he and others make out by the millions??

A measly tax cut? It's actually a nice tax cut...something I never got when Barry was in office. The problem with you "progressives" is that you think all of us in the Upper Middle Class should happily hand over our money so you can take care of YOUR base. Trump let me keep money. Why would I vote for the people you want to elect that want to raise my taxes?
/——/ A DemocRAT got elected as Nassau County Supervisor and already she’s looking for ways to jack up taxes and fees. It’s all they know.

Kids vote for liberals until they get a taste of the real world and then they realize that "progressives" are full of shit. Then they start voting for conservatives. It's been that way for a long time.
and Hill outvoted Trump by how much??? States will soon fall in line too

Fall in line? People want a better life. Progressives don't offer that. They offer a mediocre life for everyone except progressive politicians who have great lives. It's a real life Animal Farm with your party!
how did GWB give you a better life ?How is trump? by giving you a measly tax cut?? While he and others make out by the millions??

A measly tax cut? It's actually a nice tax cut...something I never got when Barry was in office. The problem with you "progressives" is that you think all of us in the Upper Middle Class should happily hand over our money so you can take care of YOUR base. Trump let me keep money. Why would I vote for the people you want to elect that want to raise my taxes?
/——/ A DemocRAT got elected as Nassau County Supervisor and already she’s looking for ways to jack up taxes and fees. It’s all they know.
I'm in Nassau She's bonkers

Looking at the threads, it's pretty clear that many of Trump's supporters are throwing up their hands right now. Understandable. Some are blaming Trump, others are blaming the GOP "swamp". Whichever.

Conservatives allowed themselves to believe two lies:

First, that overnight, they could just yank this entire country over to their way of looking at things. Mention "incrementalism" and they'd laugh. They figured things would just go so swimmingly, so quickly, that we'd all just mindlessly fall in line behind them. That's not how it works, guys. You have to prove yourselves. Bit by bit. Over time. You haven't.

Second,
that their national priorities are shared by everyone else. Wrong again. You point to the stock market and unemployment as the reasons we should all fall in line. That shows you don't understand that a growing number of people have different priorities. I wonder if you know what they are. You never bring them up. Would any of you like to guess?

We'll know more in eight months. But at some level, you have to know this hasn't been a rousing success so far, and the current trajectory ain't favorable. Outside of blaming someone else, you may want to examine why.
That's a lot of typing to attack a couple of strawmen.

Looking at the threads, it's pretty clear that many of Trump's supporters are throwing up their hands right now. Understandable. Some are blaming Trump, others are blaming the GOP "swamp". Whichever.

Conservatives allowed themselves to believe two lies:

First, that overnight, they could just yank this entire country over to their way of looking at things. Mention "incrementalism" and they'd laugh. They figured things would just go so swimmingly, so quickly, that we'd all just mindlessly fall in line behind them. That's not how it works, guys. You have to prove yourselves. Bit by bit. Over time. You haven't.

Second,
that their national priorities are shared by everyone else. Wrong again. You point to the stock market and unemployment as the reasons we should all fall in line. That shows you don't understand that a growing number of people have different priorities. I wonder if you know what they are. You never bring them up. Would any of you like to guess?

We'll know more in eight months. But at some level, you have to know this hasn't been a rousing success so far, and the current trajectory ain't favorable. Outside of blaming someone else, you may want to examine why.
That's a lot of typing to attack a couple of strawmen.
Sure has triggered a lot of conservatives though.

Talk to them.

So you only post here on holiday weekend Saturdays? You're on here CONSTANTLY, Joey!

Actually, check my time stamps. I spend maybe an hour in the morning on weekdays.. sometimes an evening and more often on weekends. You notice that very few of my posts are between 7 AM and 6 PM on weekdays.

Again, don't hurt yourself thinking about this too much.

Nothing you do here says "I own my own business!". Everything you do here says the exact opposite of that!

Except that I own my own business. ANd I do very well at it.

I just don't consider selfishness and greed to be virtues like you do.

Are you claiming that Bill Clinton turned over a strong economy to George W. Bush? Once again, Eddie...is that what you want to go with or do you want another mulligan? Check the numbers...the economy was tanking the last year of the second Clinton term.

Unemployment in Jan 2001- 4.2%
Dow Industrial - 10646
GDP Growth in Q4, 2000- 5.5%

Yup. Checked the numbers. Bush inherited a pretty good economy. Then proceeded to fuck it up. Twice.

Are you claiming that Bill Clinton turned over a strong economy to George W. Bush? Once again, Eddie...is that what you want to go with or do you want another mulligan? Check the numbers...the economy was tanking the last year of the second Clinton term.

Unemployment in Jan 2001- 4.2%
Dow Industrial - 10646
GDP Growth in Q4, 2000- 5.5%

Yup. Checked the numbers. Bush inherited a pretty good economy. Then proceeded to fuck it up. Twice.

Mar 31, 2001 4.76%
Dec 31, 2000 5.50%
Sep 30, 2000 6.64%
Jun 30, 2000 7.55%

That was the economy that Bush "inherited", Joey...an economy that was shrinking rapidly. That's not a strong economy...that's an economy that's in trouble!

Yeah...why did I expect THAT answer! You're so full of shit it's laughable, Joey!

No, I just had a bad case of someone stalking me on this board once and I'd rather not repeat the experience.

And you are seriously getting into stalker territory here.

Mar 31, 2001 4.76%
Dec 31, 2000 5.50%
Sep 30, 2000 6.64%
Jun 30, 2000 7.55%

That was the economy that Bush "inherited", Joey...an economy that was shrinking rapidly. That's not a strong economy...that's an economy that's in trouble!

Yes, it did Shrink when it was clear Bush was taking over... the One Percenters were taking their chips off the table.

But the recession STILL happened on his watch.

Yeah...why did I expect THAT answer! You're so full of shit it's laughable, Joey!

No, I just had a bad case of someone stalking me on this board once and I'd rather not repeat the experience.

And you are seriously getting into stalker territory here.

Mar 31, 2001 4.76%
Dec 31, 2000 5.50%
Sep 30, 2000 6.64%
Jun 30, 2000 7.55%

Yes, it did Shrink when it was clear Bush was taking over... the One Percenters were taking their chips off the table.

But the recession STILL happened on his watch.

It was "clear" that Bush was taking over in September of 2000? LOL God, you're an idiot! Bush vs Gore wasn't decided by the courts until long after the election! That was an economy that was shrinking no matter who was elected President because the Dot Com Boom was over and done with!

My asking what it is that you do for work when you make the claim that you own your own business and it's pretty obvious that you DON'T isn't "stalking" you, Joey! It's asking a question to prove that you're a liar. That's what's making you run for the hills. It's why I knew I'd get that response from you when I asked the question in the first place. I teach golf, Joey. Go ahead and TRY to "stalk" me armed with that detailed information! (eye roll)

My asking what it is that you do for work when you make the claim that you own your own business and it's pretty obvious that you DON'T isn't "stalking" you, Joey!

Yeah, it is, because you'd be pretty easily able to find my company on line.

Given that you've now gone into creepy ass stalker territory, I have every right to refuse.

It was "clear" that Bush was taking over in September of 2000?

All the polls had him leading, so yeah.

That was an economy that was shrinking no matter who was elected President because the Dot Com Boom was over and done with!

6.64% GDP Growth is still pretty robust. Then people realized the GOP might get back in and the party was over.

My asking what it is that you do for work when you make the claim that you own your own business and it's pretty obvious that you DON'T isn't "stalking" you, Joey!

Given that you've now gone into creepy ass stalker territory, I have every right to refuse.

That was an economy that was shrinking no matter who was elected President because the Dot Com Boom was over and done with!

6.64% GDP Growth is still pretty robust. Then people realized the GOP might get back in and the party was over.

I didn't ask you for the name of your company, you blathering buffoon! I asked you what your line of work was! If you told me that you owned a widget manufacturing company how would anyone find you on line? By googling widget companies? I told you I teach golf. So find me "easily" on line! I challenge you to. You're a joke, Joey. You claim people are "stalking" you whenever you make claims about yourself that you obviously can't back up and they call you on it. You've always been a joke and you'll always continue to be a joke!

Last edited:

The recession didn't hit because either party was in power. It would have taken place whether Bush or Gore were sitting in the White House. You can see that from the rapidly declining numbers in the last year of Bill Clinton's second term.

I didn't ask you for the name of your company, you blathering buffoon! I asked you what your line of work was! If you told me that you owned a widget manufacturing company how would anyone find you on line?

The same way customers find me on line now...

Like I said, I had an experience on this board where someone who doesn't post here anymore (I think he passed away) did exactly that. I had to get the mods involved.

I didn't ask you for the name of your company, you blathering buffoon! I asked you what your line of work was! If you told me that you owned a widget manufacturing company how would anyone find you on line?

The same way customers find me on line now...

Like I said, I had an experience on this board where someone who doesn't post here anymore (I think he passed away) did exactly that. I had to get the mods involved.

Prove it, Joey...find me on line.

I've got to go to work now...
Since you can "easily" find someone on line from simply being told what line of work they are in without a name or location...I'll expect you to EXPOSE me by the time I get home from the course. Good luck on that! (eye roll)

Since you can "easily" find someone on line from simply being told what line of work they are in without a name or location...I'll expect you to EXPOSE me by the time I get home from the course. Good luck on that! (eye roll)

Since I don't know (or care) what you do, I wouldn't be able to find you on line. (Not that I would care to look.)

ANd since you refused yesterday after six attempts to get you to tell me what totally radical thing Kerry/Obama/Clinton did in the Senate, you really aren't in a position to demand much of anything.

Since I don't know (or care) what you do, I wouldn't be able to find you on line. (Not that I would care to look.)

ANd since you refused yesterday after six attempts to get you to tell me what totally radical thing Kerry/Obama/Clinton did in the Senate, you really aren't in a position to demand much of anything.

I didn't claim that any of them did something "totally radical"...what I pointed out is that each of them were rated as one of the most far left members in the Senate according to their voting records! You however have claimed that each of them was "moderate" which is laughable!

I told you what I do, Joey! I teach golf. So why is it that you can't find me online? According to you...that's something you should "easily" be able to do...which is why you refuse to say what it is that you do for a living! As usual the more you post the bigger the hole that you dig for yourself.

I didn't claim that any of them did something "totally radical"...what I pointed out is that each of them were rated as one of the most far left members in the Senate according to their voting records! You however have claimed that each of them was "moderate" which is laughable!

But you STILL didn't give an example of what constituted a "liberal" voting record.

John McCain had a 83 Conservative voting record according to the ACU, but you guys carry on like he's freakin' Karl Marx when he doesn't kiss the Orange Shitgibbon's feet.

I told you what I do, Joey! I teach golf.

Oh, really, I thought you said you ran a nightclub.

Forum List

Back