Conservatives Have Hearts

This is something liberals will instant attack. We suck up to greedy corporations and want to leave the poor without their rightful backup. Want more defense spending? We're warmongers. On and on it goes.

So, what does a conservative do to combat it – other than simply ignoring it?

This article - How to Make the Case to Liberals That Conservatives Have Hearts, Too @ Making the Case to Liberals That Conservatives Have Hearts Too provides some good tips.

Check out this video @

Making sure that welfare is a true hand up and not a hand-out is, in fact, the true compassionate stance.

As conservatives, we know that our policies help provide opportunity for all. But we can never assume others know that. It’s time to take “heart”—and make sure they do.

Originally published in the ED FEULNER Creating a case for conservatism - Washington Times

Out of all that, this guy said liberal policies are bad, conservative policies are good, and since my wife and I adopted a Chinese girl, all poor people should become conservatives. That is priceless, and I'm sure it will move a lot of conservatives. He should have just said that we need to get rid of the minimum wage and all welfare so poor people can learn to make it on their own working a $3 per hour job. The problem with conservatives and their ideas when it comes to the poor is that it is extremely rare that they have ever been poor or known anyone who really was poor. Growing up poor with parents who really don't care about their kids' futures puts these people at an extreme disadvantage, and getting out from under that is not easy, with or without the help of government assistance. For the most part, everyone here grew up not being poor. For conservatives who grew up not being poor, it's easy to believe since they are self sufficient then everyone else should be able to be also, because it's really not that hard. But again, it is that hard when you grow up poor with less than an adequate education, with gangs trying to recruit you, and with a view of life that the hood is all there is. That is reality for many of these people. This guy is actually clueless.

you're description of the environment of gangs and underperforming schools is the status quo of virtually almost every liberal-run city in the USA. HOW REVEALING that you would rather create a false narrative that Republicans hate all the products of an environment the Left created and is helpless to do anything about; rather than take responsiblity for your failed ideology

There is no ideology on my part. Welfare programs have drawbacks, but the idea that we should gut welfare completely, which pretty much is the conservative mantra, is fool's gold. Cons continually tell us that welfare keeps poor people poor, and that they should all go get a job and work for a living. You tell us this at the same time you tell us that there are no jobs and the unemployment rate is really 20%. If anyone is stuck on ideology it is conservatives who believe getting rid of the safety net would actually be good for everyone.

"the conservative mantra"

REALLY?

who said gut welfare completely? in those words or any other way? which candidate? what "mantra"? where is that stated in any Republican organization?
"cons" dont tell us welfare keeps the poor poor; reality does leftard. try again

and it isnt conservatives but left-wing nutjobs saying there are millions of available jobs out there and that unemployment REALLY IS as low as obama's laughable figure states. see how this works? all your talking points are right back on you.

you have nothing to offer when told that there are 13 MILLION MORE ON FOOD STAMPS IN OBAMA'S SEVENTH YEAR; then there were under Bush.....................................

and you wont even acknowledge at the very least since we all know you can work and still get food stamps, that obama's alleged job creation has been largely low-wage jobs

and in the midst of all this the idiotic Left actually calls this "FORWARD PROGRSS"

AND YOU HAVE THE GALL to say it is the Right stuck on ideology?

Yeah sure, white Republican dude has a huge heart. Here's what he's offering ya...

He'll pay you the lowest wage possible, he'll Outsource your job whenever possible, and he'll replace you with Illegal Slave Labor whenever possible.

Buncha great guys no? Why wouldn't you vote for them?

BECAUSE LEFT-WING LOSERS MADE THE POOREST POORER AND THE RICHEST RICHER?

just keeping it real for the leftardz out there

Real nice Platform y'all got there. What's not to like? Yeah, i would say you guys won't be sniffing the White House anytime soon.

it would be great if you were man enough to say what part of that isnt true lefrard; or how it's so bad to say the truth?
i'll wait................

Sorry, but paying Americans the lowest wages possible, Outsourcing their jobs whenever possible, replacing them with Illegal Slave Labor, just isn't a very appealing Platform. You guys are in trouble. Why should Americans be voting for you?

you are a case study of the typical liberal idiot that lies to himself

original_Q9ND_7bc700001bcd1190.jpg

"outsourcing their jobs"

i keep hearing this from left-wing losers. clearly it implies all or most of the corporations are owned by right-wingers.
you got a source of something for that leftard? are you guys working off a list or something? can i see it?
are left-wingers too stupid to own businesses? or are you saying left-wing business owners never hire illegals?

it's so hard to weed through the Left-wing self-delusions

Conservatives believe........Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

But what do you do when there are no fish in the pond? Conservatives reply....not my problem

and right there is the Left's message; that there are no fish in the pond

way to give people hope leftard?

(or do you actually BELIEVE there are no fish in the pond?)

pandering Progressive douchebags, just pathetic

Sadly, in our society, many ponds no longer have fish

The wealthy have been able to harvest them and move on while the poor are left to try to eke a living out of those deserted ponds

Yeah sure, white Republican dude has a huge heart. Here's what he's offering ya...

He'll pay you the lowest wage possible, he'll Outsource your job whenever possible, and he'll replace you with Illegal Slave Labor whenever possible.

Buncha great guys no? Why wouldn't you vote for them?

Real nice Platform y'all got there. What's not to like? Yeah, i would say you guys won't be sniffing the White House anytime soon.

it would be great if you were man enough to say what part of that isnt true lefrard; or how it's so bad to say the truth?

Sorry, but paying Americans the lowest wages possible, Outsourcing their jobs whenever possible, replacing them with Illegal Slave Labor, just isn't a very appealing Platform. You guys are in trouble. Why should Americans be voting for you?

Just stating what your Platform is. Are you really disputing it? Seriously, why should struggling Americans vote for you?

Conservatives believe........Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

But what do you do when there are no fish in the pond? Conservatives reply....not my problem

The wealthy have been able to harvest them and move on while the poor are left to try to eke a living out of those deserted ponds

let me get this straight because i dont want to mistake your position. you are actually saying it is hopeless? that the poor cant get ahead? that minorities or poor of any ethnicity cant get ahead?

Just stating what your Platform is. Are you really disputing it? Seriously, why should struggling Americans vote for you?

of course i'm disputing it moron; unless and until you can prove it is the "platform' of anybody, much less of the Right

I have to agree for the most part. Someone has to fight for the poor and defenseless in our Society. It's what Jesus expects of all of us. But one thing we've learned is, most Republicans will not do that. They worship evil. Brainwashed by Corporate Propaganda.

They find comfort in blaming poor people and struggling workers. It somehow helps them justify doing wrong. If they can demonize the poor enough, they truly feel it's ok to turn their backs on them. It's a sickness. It's very sad.

let me get this straight because i dont want to mistake your position. you are actually saying it is hopeless? that the poor cant get ahead? that minorities or poor of any ethnicity cant get ahead?

Lets look at it this like a conservative

Can SOME poor people still get ahead? Yes they can
Can MOST poor people under these conditions get ahead? No they can't

of course i'm disputing it moron; unless and until you can prove it is the "platform' of anybody, much less of the Right

So what are you disputing? You guys continue to support such behavior and policies. So why should Americans vote for you? Especially American Workers?

Lets look at it this like a conservative

Can SOME poor people still get ahead? Yes they can
Can MOST poor people under these conditions get ahead? No they can't

YOU'RE RIGHT!! for a change

we DO believe most can get ahead

YOU believe most cant; and need pandering by you

Liberals also believe welfare should be a true hand up and not a hand-out. But you will never get a conservative to say that...

Liberal bashing by the right far outweighs anything liberals do or say...

Liberals also believe welfare should be a true hand up and not a hand-out. But you will never get a conservative to say that...

How is giving people money rewarding bad behavior a "hand up?"

You may believe what you want, but the current execution results in people being stuck in the claws of government assistance.
How is being poor "bad behavior"? Is poverty a character flaw?

We pay mothers to have more kids they can't support, we pay drug addicts to keep relapsing, we pay lazy people to not work. we make it harder for them to improve themselves, because the benefits cut off when they make a certain amount of $$.

The whole system is designed to keep the poor poor, and voting democrat.

And if the mother tries to abort the child? Republicans step in and say no, no no. Your body belongs to us and we cherish all human life, as long as we don't have to feed the little unaborted bastard.

So what are you disputing? You guys continue to support such behavior and policies. So why should Americans vote for you? Especially American Workers?

we are?

how leftard?

i asked you already how are republicans outsourcing jobs?
are all corporations owned by right-wingers?

How is giving people money rewarding bad behavior a "hand up?"

You may believe what you want, but the current execution results in people being stuck in the claws of government assistance.
How is being poor "bad behavior"? Is poverty a character flaw?

We pay mothers to have more kids they can't support, we pay drug addicts to keep relapsing, we pay lazy people to not work. we make it harder for them to improve themselves, because the benefits cut off when they make a certain amount of $$.

The whole system is designed to keep the poor poor, and voting democrat.

And if the mother tries to abort the child? Republicans step in and say no, no no. Your body belongs to us and we cherish all human life, as long as we don't have to feed the little unaborted bastard.

YAWN
Poverty reached a FIFTY YEAR HIGH under "caring" Progs

idiots and hypocrites

Greedy white Republican dude has to demonize the poor to such an extent, it justifies him turning his back on them. He's created a warped fiction in his head that the poor are his enemies. It's a way for him to justify his hate & greed. In other words, 'The poor deserve it.'

It absolves him of any sense of compassion and responsibility. The saddest irony of it is that most Republicans truly do believe they're 'Good Christians.' But they don't follow Jesus' teachings. They've gone over to the dark side.

the obama Administration took literally tens of thousands of illegals and placed them in camps; then TRANSPORTED THEM ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, DROPPING THEM OFF ON CITIES AND TOWNS
and you have the gall to say repubs just want the cheap labor?>

libs are losers who LIE TO THEMSELVES

Greedy white Republican dude has to demonize the poor to such an extent, it justifies him turning his back on them. He's created a warped fiction in his head that the poor are his enemies. It's a way for him to justify his hate & greed. In other words, 'The poor deserve it.'

It absolves him of any sense of compassion and responsibility. The saddest irony of it is that most Republicans truly do believe they're 'Good Christians.' But they don't follow Jesus' teachings. They've gone over to the dark side.

YAWN
just because a left-wing loser has a narrative to follow; doesnt mean it has a bit of truth to it

Forum List

Back