Conservatives Have Hearts

During the Great Depression one of the battle cries of those with jobs was the belittlement of the lazy-live off welfare people, then the war hit and most of those lazy-live off welfare people went to work. The problem, is we have not yet been able to construct an economic system that provides a living wage for those able to work. Our economic system has another problem that of ups and downs. Maybe Keynes came the closest to a solution, with FDR in second place, certainly Marx and unregulated capitalism are not the answers. Is there even an answer?

I think Conservatives want a certain level of unemployment

It keeps workers uneasy and unable to demand higher wages and benefits.
"You don't like your job, I have someone who will" is preferable to "If you don't give me a raise, I'm leaving"

yawn

more unsupported rhetoric. Actually if obama's unemployment numbers are to be believed then we are approaching full employment

Perhaps that is what conservatives used to be. Unfortunately the right wing consumed them. The only hearts that current conservatives have are kept in glass jars on the coffee table as a conversation piece.

Right next to the brains and common sense of progressives.

Detroit Recovery - Huffington Post
www.huffingtonpost.com/news/detroit-recovery/
The Huffington Post
This phenomenon of collective symmetry comprised of chaotic and varied parts offers a nice cosmic metaphor for Detroit's venture into the new economy.

Restocking the pond?

the Left emptied this particular pond in the first place

The capitalists did it

comical obtuseness! lol

This is something liberals will instant attack. We suck up to greedy corporations and want to leave the poor without their rightful backup. Want more defense spending? We're warmongers. On and on it goes.

So, what does a conservative do to combat it – other than simply ignoring it?

This article - How to Make the Case to Liberals That Conservatives Have Hearts, Too @ Making the Case to Liberals That Conservatives Have Hearts Too provides some good tips.

Check out this video @

Making sure that welfare is a true hand up and not a hand-out is, in fact, the true compassionate stance.

As conservatives, we know that our policies help provide opportunity for all. But we can never assume others know that. It’s time to take “heart”—and make sure they do.

Originally published in the ED FEULNER Creating a case for conservatism - Washington Times

I reject the premise the conservatives need to prove they have a heart in the first place. If someone is willing to lie about you like that, let them. It just makes them look foolish.

This is something liberals will instant attack. We suck up to greedy corporations and want to leave the poor without their rightful backup. Want more defense spending? We're warmongers. On and on it goes.

So, what does a conservative do to combat it – other than simply ignoring it?

This article - How to Make the Case to Liberals That Conservatives Have Hearts, Too @ Making the Case to Liberals That Conservatives Have Hearts Too provides some good tips.

Check out this video @

Making sure that welfare is a true hand up and not a hand-out is, in fact, the true compassionate stance.

As conservatives, we know that our policies help provide opportunity for all. But we can never assume others know that. It’s time to take “heart”—and make sure they do.

Originally published in the ED FEULNER Creating a case for conservatism - Washington Times

Sorry, but the Republican Party is currently run by greedy hateful white dudes. And they're not 'Conservatives.' They have absolutely no problem with Government intervention if it benefits the wealthy elites they worship. But God forbid you propose helping out poor struggling Americans. They should be ashamed of themselves. Jesus is very disappointed in them.

Looks like you're advocating for religion running government.

YOU'RE RIGHT!! for a change

we DO believe most can get ahead

YOU believe most cant; and need pandering by you

OK

If you believe most people can get ahead....can you point to 30 million available jobs that pay a living wage?

do have to remind you again who is in charge genius?

and what is a living wage?

A living wage is a salary you can support yourself and your family without government assistance

YOU are the one who claimed most poor can get out of their current situation. Provide evidence where there are that many jobs paying a living wage that are unfilled

Ha, don't get greedy white Republican dude going. He wishes all poor people would die. So i'm pretty sure he'll never support the living wage concept. It is what it is.

oh now we wish all poor people would die?

please stop embarrasing yourself; it's awkward to witness

paulitiguno is just having a racist, hyper-partisan rant day. It seems his prescription ran out.

'My house shall be called a house of prayer; but you are making it a Robber's Den' -Jesus Christ.

That's what the greedy hateful white Republican dudes are doing to our Nation. But most of em actually believe they're 'Good Christians.' Boy are they lost.
The money-changers will like the guy in the OP about as much as they did Jesus that day.

The left only supports thing when it pushes the anti capatalist agenda. This is why the new pope is so popular with the left and we see a new wave of support for Christianity among the left. It's just a means to an end.
The new Pope is popular because he's damn near a Christian, which means of course, your side doesn't like him...

Incredible isn't it. The first Pope in eons that is actually close to be a Christian in thought AND DEED and conservatives around the world hate this guy.

Much as they hated the guy he tries to emulate.

I'm a middle-of-the-roader and I LOVE Francis,. I think every world leader should follow his lead. No lush palaces. No gold-laden clothes and ornaments unless ceremonially requires. Frequent open and unedited meetings with the press. Doing everything possible to be close to the masses.

So he preaches the Word of Christ? Isn't that what's he's called to do?

Yes.

the current pope is an absolute moron

84% approve of him in Europe, 78% in the U.S.

He is one of the most popular popes in history. The fact that he actually BEHAVES and TALKS like someone that follows Christ really doesn't sit well with conservatives.

Because they are not Christians or followers of Christ. They are Kristians.

the current pope is an absolute moron

84% approve of him in Europe, 78% in the U.S.

He is one of the most popular popes in history. The fact that he actually BEHAVES and TALKS like someone that follows Christ really doesn't sit well with conservatives.

Because they are not Christians or followers of Christ. They are Kristians.

libs say the dumbest shit

the Left loves him because he is by far the most left-wing pope in history

why cant you idiots be honest with yourselves; let alone others?

Forum List

Back