Headline: The ‘runt’ of Trump cases now likely to be his first criminal trial

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

"The ‘runt’ of Trump cases now likely to be his first criminal trial"

What does it mean?
One narrative is this:
Some Trump advisers view the New York case as the weakest of the four and believe that indictment last March helped Trump rebuild support among Republicans, these people said. Many advisers think the GOP reaction to Trump’s criminal charges would have been different if another case — related to possession of classified documents — had come first.

I'm not so sure, but as they say 'we'll see, won't we?' But it will be history in the making: The very first criminal trial of a former U.S. president. Oh the way Trump will wear it as a badge of honor says much bout where we find ourselves today. A twice impeached, proven sex abuser, criminal defendant in multiple cases, in multiple jurisdictions both state and federal. What a pathetic nation we've become.

Not sure, but this makes me think more and more of the Spirit of Liberty/Learned Hand:

"What do we mean when we say that first of all we seek liberty? I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts. These are false hopes; believe me, these are false hopes. Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it. While it lies there it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it."

somebody needs to clue JGalt in on facts that cannot possibly be construed as fake news.

Last edited:
i hate trump.jpg

What does it mean?
One narrative is this:

I'm not so sure, but as they say 'we'll see, won't we?' But it will be history in the making: The very first criminal trial of a former U.S. president. Oh the way Trump will wear it as a badge of honor says much bout where we find ourselves today. A twice impeached, proven sex abuser, criminal defendant in multiple cases, in multiple jurisdictions both state and federal. What a pathetic nation we've become.

Not sure, but this makes me think more and more of the Spirit of Liberty/Learned Hand:

"What do we mean when we say that first of all we seek liberty? I often wonder whether we do not rest our hopes too much upon constitutions, upon laws and upon courts. These are false hopes; believe me, these are false hopes. Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it. While it lies there it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it."

Do you ever wonder how disgusting, evil, and unbearably gross your own party’s leaders must be that the American voter prefers a man like Trump as you describe him?

What does it mean?
One narrative is this:

somebody needs to clue JGalt in on facts that cannot possibly be construed as fake news.
:th_Back_2_Topic_2:

quotes:

“This was the first indictment of Trump but quickly became seen as the runt of the litter, compared to bigger, more consequential cases,” said Ronald Kuby, a veteran criminal defense lawyer in New York. He said the New York trial may be a “garden-variety fraud case,” but its simplicity is also its saving grace.

“Unlike the D.C. case, this does not involve any question of presidential immunity. Unlike the Florida documents case, this does not involve the lengthy proceedings that are needed in cases where classified information is at issue, and unlike the Georgia case, it is not a sprawling indictment of 18 people — there’s one defendant,” Kuby said. “And the evidence that has been made publicly available is compelling.”

Do you ever wonder how disgusting, evil, and unbearably gross your own party’s leaders must be that the American voter prefers a man like Trump as you describe him?

It's about Hush Money! When Trump lied.

The charges in the business-records case are related to Trump’s alleged misclassification of reimbursement payments to Michael Cohen, his former lawyer and fixer. Cohen paid adult-film actress Stormy Daniels $130,000 during the 2016 presidential campaign to keep her quiet about an alleged sexual encounter with Trump years earlier.

Do you ever wonder how disgusting, evil, and unbearably gross your mind is?

Not at all.

I do wonder why folks like you don’t insist on dumping Biden in favor of a candidate who will pretend to be concerned about the border and the economy.

Trump has his forty percent base but what has him edging out Biden right now is Biden. Dump his pedo carcass before he hands you four years of a new and angrier Trump.

Not at all.

I do wonder why folks like you don’t insist on dumping Biden in favor of a candidate who will pretend to be concerned about the border and the economy.

Trump has his forty percent base but what has him edging out Biden right now is Biden. Dump his pedo carcass before he hands you four years of a new and angrier Trump.
Your perceptions are off. Stop watching Fake News.

What does it mean?
One narrative is this:

YAWWWWWN.....boring

What does it mean?
One narrative is this:

The Dainty

The Bragg case is nonsense.

Multiple counts of the same alleged crime of falsifying business records. That is required under the NY State Penal Law to be “for the purpose of” the commission of another crime.

Yet nowhere in the NY County charlatan DA’s politically motivated indictment does he or his office bother to declare what that other crime might be.

See for yourself:

The goober persecutor declines to say:

After Trump filed a “request for a Bill of Particulars,” including the specific request that the persecutor state that alleged other “crime” (or “crimes”), the persecution filed an answer:

then people denied that they were required to provide that requested material. But they did hedge a little.

IMG_0848.jpeg

Tax law. Election law. Federal Law? These are jokes. And also, not even remotely specific.

I understand why the persecution wouldn’t want to be pinned down. But, they have a lawful duty to clearly lay out the charges. It’s all about enabling a defendant to defend against the charges in any case.

I have yet to find the ruling in NY by the judge on that portion of the case.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back