Conservatives cheering for Russia's naked aggresion

I could go on and on. I haven't even posted news from Italian, Israeli, and other reliable sources. It's amazing how the anti-semites and fascists flock togther, though. Euromaiden is a fascist coup, supported by neoliberals and neoconservatives in the US and Europe.
Post the portion that makes your case. It's lazy and stupid to just throw links out like people are going to do you homework for you.

He said he wanted "proof". I linked to various new stories as well as some cute video pics and videos of neo-Nazis in action.

Yeah, so Pravy Sektor (Right Sector) isn't an umbrella group for every ultra-nationalist and neo-Nazi faction in the country? The Russians have a right to ensure political stability in the Near Abroad. This is the same as the US ensuring there isn't chaos in Canada or Mexico. I'm not a fan of Putin, but he can annex Crimea if he chooses and all people can do is stomp their feet.
If we invade Canada or Mexico you'd have a comparison. Did you find some evidence?

If you think the EU/US should cozy up to Svoboda and other nuts, hey, that's fine with me.

Oh, by the way, what national security interests could the US have in Ukraine? I'm just curious.

Inside Right Sector was an alliance of hardline nationalist groups including Patriot of Ukraine and the paramilitary group UNA-UNSO, who have fought against Russian troops in Chechnya and Moldova. Their members paraded in balaclavas and wore uniforms bearing far-right insignia, including the wolfsangel.

In 1989 he joined the moderate nationalist group People's Movement of Ukraine but from there went on to join the right wing Trizub organisation in 1994 and has been its leader since 2005, preaching and preparing for a Ukrainian "national revolution".

He told Time magazine in a recent interview: "Russia has pursued a systematic, targeted policy of subjugation toward Ukraine...So of course we will prepare for a conflict with them".

Filling the power vacuum

The new Deputy Prime Minister Oleksandr Sych is a member of the far-right Svoboda party, which the World Jewish Congress called on the EU to consider banning last year along with Greece's Golden Dawn.

The party, which has long called for a "national revolution" in Ukraine, has endured a long march from relative obscurity in the early 90s. Their declaration that Ukraine is controlled by a "Muscovite-Jewish mafia" has raised fears for the safety of the country's Jewish population.

Svoboda now controls the ecology and agricultural ministry with Andriy Mokhnyk, the deputy head of Svoboda, running ecology and Ihor Shvaika as agriculture minister.

"Two weeks ago I could never have predicted this. A neo-fascist party like Svoboda getting the deputy prime minister position is news in its own right.

"There are seven ministers with links to the extreme right now. It began with Svoboda getting 10 per cent of the vote in the last election, it is certainly a concern in the long run."

Mr Rudling warned that Europe should pay greater attention to the politics of the new regime, while warning that this in no way endorsed the actions of Russia.

"It doesn't help Ukraine to be selective and ignore this problem. Russia is using this to legitimise their unjustified aggression, I am not backing up that aggression by speaking about the rise of Svoboda."

continued....

Last edited:
He said he wanted "proof". I linked to various new stories as well as some cute video pics and videos of neo-Nazis in action.
I asked for it too. If you have some evidence that the US backed the neo-Nazis, post the link and the portion that makes the best case. What you're doing is a smokescreen.

Yeah, so Pravy Sektor (Right Sector) isn't an umbrella group for every ultra-nationalist and neo-Nazi faction in the country? The Russians have a right to ensure political stability in the Near Abroad. This is the same as the US ensuring there isn't chaos in Canada or Mexico. I'm not a fan of Putin, but he can annex Crimea if he chooses and all people can do is stomp their feet.
If we invade Canada or Mexico you'd have a comparison. Did you find some evidence?

If you think the EU/US should cozy up to Svoboda and other nuts, hey, that's fine with me.

Oh, by the way, what national security interests could the US have in Ukraine? I'm just curious.

I recall some British libs once asking what national security interests could Europe have in Czechoslovakia.

I asked for it too. If you have some evidence that the US backed the neo-Nazis, post the link and the portion that makes the best case. What you're doing is a smokescreen.

It's because he has no powers of reasoning and is a lo-lo.

It's almost as if it were a trend.

Yeah. It is. The libs here consistently post "facts" that are untrue, disproven, and frankly not believable. When shown this they deflect to some vaguely similar but completely different incident from the Bush Administration. Like that makes it OK. They are Lo-Los--low information, low intelligence.

I recall some British libs once asking what national security interests could Europe have in Czechoslovakia.

You're comparing the Russian Federation to the Third Reich. See, this entire problem can be solved with $10.00 in late fees to your local library.

By the way, as predicted, Russia is going to annex Crimea. The Crimean parliament voted to leave the Ukraine and join Russia. You'll see a referendum in two weeks or so. :lol:

Last edited:

So Svoboda aren't a bunch of far right reactionaries with a sprinkling of neo-Nazis? The US is sending $$$$ to the Ukraine, the new "legitimate government" is using these funds for muscle obviously, and they've aligned with Svoboda. This how you accomplish a putsch.

Oh yeah, so the BBC, AP, USA Today, etc aren't legitimate media outlets? Just curious as to what meets your journalistic litmus test....

Last edited:
By the way, as predicted, Russia is going to annex Crimea. The Crimean parliament voted to leave the Ukraine and join Russia. You'll see referendum in two weeks or so. :lol:
They are part of Ukraine so it may not be that simple.
So Svoboda aren't a bunch of far right reactionaries with a sprinkling of neo-Nazis? The US is sending $$$$ to the Ukraine, the new "legitimate government" is using these funds for muscle obviously, and they've aligned with Svoboda. This how you accomplish a putsch.

Oh yeah, so the BBC, AP, USA Today, etc aren't legitimate media outlets? Just curious as to what meets your journalistic litmus test....
Which one says the US is backing neo-Nazis? Is the challenge that hard?

Well, thank you for your service. You did an excellent and awsome job.

IBA was not thought to be necessary for the missions most were trained for and performed at the beginning of the war. It was known that the kinds of missions that followed would require IBA and armored vehicals. The administration did not prepare for what the war turned into. Rumsfield was lecturing the country that there was not an insurrection and the start of a long lasting war. He told the country the attacks being made were being made by "dead enders" and would be "mopped up" in short order. He was told this would happen and ignored the advice and predictions. He gambled and troops lost.

I'm quite sure efforts made by the previous administration to gut the military budget had nothing to do with it.

Bill Clinton and the Decline of the Military
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/Bill Clinton and the Decline of the Military.html
By Lynn Woolley — Posted Dec 21, 2006

In 1994, troops were sent to Haiti, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Clinton asked for a Defense increase of just $2.8 billion but Congress approved a decrease of $17.1 billion. The shrinking budget caused sharp reductions at the Pentagon.

There were more peacekeeping missions to come, including in Somalia where 1,800 Marines provided cover for the withdrawal of UN peacekeepers. But the downsizing of the military continued with 40,000 troops removed from Europe. The Base Closure Commission recommended shuttering 79 more bases. Clinton’s budget request for fiscal 1996 was $10.2 billion lower than the prior year.

At this point, we are well into the Clinton presidency and the eleventh straight year of declining military budgets. The president and the Congress have slashed the defense budget to the point where, after adjusting for inflation, it is some 40% less than in 1985 during the second Reagan term.

The year 1996 saw cruise missile strikes against Iraq and 18,000 U.S. troops stationed in the Balkans as part of a NATO force. Clinton sent the U.S. aircraft carrier Independence and three other ships to the Taiwan Strait because of tensions between Taiwan and China. For 1997, Clinton sought another $10 billion reduction, though the bill he eventually signed set aside $244 billion for defense—finally halting the long string of declining budgets, but just barely.

Defense Secretary William Cohen had become concerned about his budget, and so he called for more base closings—and more money. The Joint Chiefs said that unless funding levels could be increased, some weapons systems or overseas deployments would have to be eliminated. In 1999, the budget was at $250 billion—the same year we were using our military to halt Slobodan Milosevic’s “ethnic cleansing” in Kosovo.

For fiscal 2000, Defense requested $267.2 billion billion, including a pay raise for soldiers. The USS Cole was bombed and peacekeeping efforts continued in the usual spots like Kosovo and Bosnia. Clinton’s presidency was winding down and his final Defense budget totaled $288 billion with a supplemental bill of $6.5 billon to help pay for all the peacekeeping.

After Bush was elected and the country had suffered the 9/11 attacks, former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger said Clinton had cut back the military so much that we might not be able to fight a war on terrorism on several fronts. He listed the problems brought on during the Clinton years: lost air and sea lift capacity, two or three years during which nothing was procured for the military, and cuts in R&D.

You are correct, the previous administation had absolutely nothing to do with the Bush administation ignoring the advice of the nations top military commanders and instead taking the advice of civilians under the direction of Rumsfield's neo-cons such as Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Pearl, Douglas Feith and other early proponents of the neo-con school of thought.

The US military began it's transition under Bush 41 with the fall of the USSR and the realization that the large infantry and armored divisions designed to fight a European war with conventional forces against the USSR and it's East European allies. He vacated them early and sent them home via Kuwait and Iraq. Clinton simply followed good and sound military advice and supported the transition which led to the creation of fewer, but better equiped and re-designed armored and infantry units and an increase in the number of special operations units.

Bush and Rumsfield inherited a military that was trained and equiped to conduct war in both Afghanistan and Irag. The special op's forces that defeated the Taliban and al Qaeda forces in record time with record low casualties did it's job exactly the way the military had planned. Those forces were not equiped and it's reinforcements of conventional ground forces were not provided in sufficient numbers to sustain the victory. Forces that should have been sent to the Afghan theater were instead sent to Iraq.

Assault forces used in Irag moved into operation with the highest level of technology any military force has ever been equiped with. Armored forces had multiple layers of air support that similiar forces of both the past and present could not imagine. From small scouts, gunships, A-10's, all manner of attack fighters and bombers loaded with every kind of ordinance imaginable. The intelligence supplied from satellites and drones added to the mix made the assault forces unbeatable and gave them, like in Afghanistan, a fast, sure victory with what was considered minimal casuaties. Unfortunately, the victory was short lived as the predicted promised cheering crowds and promised pro American folks in Irag turned into enemies as they invited al Qaeda to come to Irag and practice their American killing skills.

Rumsfield, the neo-cons were wrong and Bush listened to them instead of the military. The neo-cons and Rumsfield were wrong and the military advisors like Shinseski and Zinni were right.

Yet the previous administration had everything to do with cutting military funding and forces down to dangerous levels. President Bush had to restore the damage of funding supplies, like armored vehicles, to protect and support our troops. Financial support that the Democrats later threatened to take away from those fighting in Iraq, a move that would put unnecessary risk to lives of American troops for the sake of making "a political statement". This is precisely why Democrats lose overwhelming votes from those serving in the armed services, as Democrat Presidents share a common trait to always cut military funding and support. Speaking from one who has experienced and was effected by those cuts on the receiving end, while serving my country under President Clinton. Cuts like those under TERA, the early retirement "boot" that is now shared by President Obama through the 25,000 of those serving in the Air Force and 900 civilian jobs in 2014 alone.

Thousands of airmen to get booted out of the Air Force - and nearly 1,000 civilians | Delaware Defense

How it Would Work
Under the proposed TERA, DoD would factor the retirement rate as follows:
15 (Years of Service) x 2.5 (the traditional retirement factor) x 0.95 (TERA penalty) = 35.625 percent retirement factor. Note that the .95 penalty applies to those who choose to retire with less than 20 years.
So a servicemember who chooses to retire with 15 years of service will receive a little more than 35 percent of his or her basic pay over the lifetime of their retirement. This is about 14 percent less than those who get the 50 percent for serving the full 20 years.

Read more: http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2013/04/bewareearly-retirement-offer/#ixzz2vCEFcjLA
MilitaryAdvantage.Military.com

Here's your retirement check in appreciation and thanks for your military service, under the hands of Democrats. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Yeah. It is. The libs here consistently post "facts" that are untrue, disproven, and frankly not believable. When shown this they deflect to some vaguely similar but completely different incident from the Bush Administration. Like that makes it OK. They are Lo-Los--low information, low intelligence.

When have you ever debunked a fact offered by a Liberal? Never.

i can debunk several liberal "facts"

record welfare and food stamps isnt "forward progress"

obama hasnt created jobs; there are about 1 million fewer Americans working now than at the height of the "Bush" recession

libs are losers who lie to themselves

By the way, as predicted, Russia is going to annex Crimea. The Crimean parliament voted to leave the Ukraine and join Russia. You'll see referendum in two weeks or so. :lol:
They are part of Ukraine so it may not be that simple.

Which one says the US is backing neo-Nazis? Is the challenge that hard?

The US/EU provided $$$$ (and continue to provide $$$$) to the "legitimate government" of the Ukraine. That government has aligned itself with Right Sector and Svboda. Svboda has neo-Nazis in its ranks. Right Sector are bunch of reactionary nuts. This $$$$ has been used to hire and integrate these thugs into the political system of the country. That's how Arseniy Yatsenyuk and his co-conspirators accomplished the putsch.

I posted a link from Channel 4 news. The Jerusalem Post also covered the rise of anti-semite scum in the Ukraine, Hungary, etc.

And yeah, it's really is that simply for the Crimea to leave the Ukraine since the majority population consists of Russians. They're all pro-Russian.

i can debunk several liberal "facts"

record welfare and food stamps isnt "forward progress"

obama hasnt created jobs; there are about 1 million fewer Americans working now than at the height of the "Bush" recession

libs are losers who lie to themselves

You can't debunk them with your opinion, dumbass.

Let's be real, if you hated America during Bush's time, you were immediately embraced and adored by Dem assholes. The practically openly rooted for us to lose in Iraq and Afghanistan. They used to pretend they cared about our Soldiers. But it was really just about hating their BOOOOOOSH Boogeyman. No one was more bitter and Anti-American than Dem assholes were during Bush's time in office. So who do they think they're kidding? This thread is dishonest hypocritical Bullshite.

that's the truth, but they are now hoping all of us have lost our memories from those times

it's just really pathetic watching them now

Convenient selective memory. If you hated America during Bush's time, you were worshipped and joyously welcomed into the Dem Asshole Club. They rooted daily for us to lose in Iraq and Afghanistan. You can't get much lower than that. So their spin on this one is pathetic.

dear idiot,

we knew Bush was lying and was going to crash the economy.

We were right.

You are an idiot who backed failed policy and still back what failed

Forum List

Back