Congresswoman Hopes Reparations Bill is Path to ‘Repair Some of the Damage’ Caused by Slavery

You DO realize we were British colonies before that?
Colonies that had to have charters..

What the heck does that have to do with anything? Those French and Spanish colonies sort of didn't make it and the Dutch lost their colony to England in a war. They were not part of our system in the late 1700s as you cited.

Did you even study history in school, or has your liberalism eroded your brain, whatever was left to begin with?
Since you have no idea why you are being an ass I'll let you in on a secret. The OP went back to the beginning of slavery of Africans in the area known as the US.and the other crowns are responsible for transportation and sales..

I'll let you in on a fact that is no secret. You are a well-known dumbass! What you just claimed flies in the face of your idiotic comments. Try reading for comprehension sometime, although I know that handicap is what makes you a libtard in the first place!.
Ok Gawd....You lead the way. Either you stay on topic or we all get to walk the plank...

Typical libtard response - none!

You whites are funny. The US government made slavery legal so we don't have to go back anywhere but to Washington DC.

Not "us whites". Take your grievances to your Democratic masters. They're the ones that enslaved your ancestors. It was the GOP that freed your ancestors. after 600,000 white, Republicans died doing so. Where's your gratitude?

How about everyone who's still upset about slavery can get a one-way ticket, to the foreign destination of his or her choice, upon a promise never to return?

Say someone isn’t “upset” necessarily about slavery....rather- they acknowledge the sins that were committed in the name of nation/America-building, do not try and justify it and make strides to understand it in its historical context- but acknowledge it nonetheless and remain cognizant of how they have benefitted in America (indirectly) from the injustices meted out to people centuries before them which helped build the foundations which put meals on their tables and clothing on the backs of them and their families.....

Does that person also need to check out on a one-way ticket?

You know what quotation marks and parentheses are, but do you know what commas and periods are?

Lol you must know I wasn’t writing formally. I never do on message boards.

Then don't get pissed when no one reads your posts, or gets confused about what you said. Only libtards write that way.

I wasn’t “pissed” at all. What gives you that impression?

You really aren’t the brightest.

Are reparations also owed to families of Union soldiers that died fighting to end slavery?....Just curious!

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) told PJM that the federal government should conduct a study of reparations for descendants of slaves to be able to determine the best way to “repair some of the damage" that slavery has caused to the African-American community.

Jackson Lee became the lead sponsor of H.R. 40, the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act, after Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) resigned from Congress.

The legislation seeks to “address the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a commission to study and consider a national apology and proposal for reparations for the institution of slavery, its subsequent de jure and de facto racial and economic discrimination against African-Americans, and the impact of these forces on living African-Americans, to make recommendations to the Congress on appropriate remedies, and for other purposes.”

Read more at pjmedia.com ...

Dcvr8Y0.jpg

reparations freddie gray, michael singleton.jpg

Hello. Apparently a substantial number of my American neighbors believe Americans harmed by racism, as well as descendants of chattel slavery are entitled to compensation for egregious acts of bigotry, greed, oppression, human enslavement and human ignorance that during the course of human and societal evolution deprived for too many peaceful, caring, loving people from enjoying freedom and the pleasures of life other people on the North American continent were experiencing during our imperfect human specie's protracted period of profound and illogical human ignorance.

In regard to Reparations, I suggest peaceful, responsible Baltimore residents be fully compensated for the public funds they made available to Ms. Toya Graham. An apparent emotionally troubled mom who raised, nurtured and socialized an apparent, depressed, emotionally disturbed, suicidal/homicidal thinking teen son.

A violence-embracing teen son who joined significant numbers of his apparent emotionally ill young teen classmates in attempting to cause grave bodily harm or death to police officers attempting to protect Ms. Graham’s peaceful neighbors from being emotionally and/or physically harmed (or worse) by emotionally ill teens and adults.

I believe Ms. Gloria Darden who raised and nurtured depressed, emotionally troubled, self-harming Freddie Gray, needs to repay her responsible neighbors for neglecting her parental and societal duty to raise and socialize a child maturing into reasonably responsible teen and adult American citizen who did NOT cause grave harm to his community by offering life scarring drugs to his depressed, self-harming neighbors, regardless of his neighbor's AGE, physical, emotional or MATERNAL condition.

Ms. Graham and Ms. Darden are primary maternal caregivers who ignored their parental and moral responsibility to place the emotional well being of their children ABOVE ALL ELSE, as well as failing to recognize their societal obligation to their neighbors and community to raise peaceful, fairly happy American children maturing into reasonably responsible, peaceful teen and adult American citizens who respect and care about the well being of their peaceful, as well as less fortunate neighbors.

With all due respect, I suggest a significant population of apparent immature, apathetic American teen girls and women of African descent who SELFISHLY and irresponsibly built families depending on their responsible neighbor's support to raise and nurture society's children, compensate our society for recklessly creating poverty, hardships and suffering for countless numbers of American newborns, infants, toddlers, children and teens much like American urban-TRUTH-tellers Kendrick Lamar and the late Tupac Shakur.

Both men revealing in public they were victims of horrific criminal child abuse and neglect responsible for them maturing into adults speaking about experiencing depression and suicidal thoughts for much of their lives.

With all due respect, I believe America needs to be compensated for the $billions$ spent arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating our depressed, emotionally troubled black or African American neighbors who turned to crime and harming their peaceful neighbors due to the poor choices made by their immature, "living wild" parents *(Mr. "My Brother's Keeper" Obama friend Kendrick Lamar's characterization of his parent's violent felon embracing lifestyle)* who built families before acquiring the practical skills and means to independently provide for their/society's children.

I believe American educators should be offered compensation for the frustrations, heartache, anguish, emotional pain, fear and anger they experienced witnessing and coping with traumatized young children, WHO THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, were emotionally and/or physically maltreated by their dysfunctional parental caregivers and community.

Far too often teachers instill children with peaceful values, knowing many of their students are returning to a family and community environment instilling, often under duress, a different set of anti-social values. *Cognitive Dissonance*

"Rolling Hills Elementary Teachers Show Evidence of Classroom Violence" WAAY-TV 31 News Published on Feb 7, 2017

Finally, I believe OUR Nation should be compensated for being willfully, ignorantly or negligently denied the WEALTH of potential human achievements offered by reasonably well adjusted children maturing into reasonably responsible, caring teen and adult American citizens.

Human achievements American society continues to be deprived of enjoying due to generations of immature primary MATERNAL caregivers irresponsibly raising and nurturing American children who, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR, are UNJUSTLY OPPRESSED and DEPRIVED from experiencing a fairly SAFE, fairly or wonderfully happy American kid childhood all Americans have a right as well as ABSOLUTE NEED to experience during a critical period of human/childhood development.

The late popular American urban story-TRUTH-teller Tupac Shakur's (often misinterpreted) #T_H_U_G_L_I_F_E Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment and Maltreatment *AWARENESS* concept:

"The Hate U Give Little Infants Fvvks *EVERYONE"* ~Tupac Shakur

"We need more people who care; you know what I'm saying? We need more women, mothers, fathers, we need more of that..." ~Tupac Shakur

Tupac was well aware that not only are American kids being UNJUSTLY OPPRESSED and DEPRIVED from experiencing their full human potential, Tupac realized OUR NATION is being deprived of enjoying the potential achievements offered to ALL Americans by reasonably well adjusted kids maturing into responsible teens and adults who care about the future of OUR Nation.

Are my suggestions for Compensation unreasonable?

*Honestly*, I am not interested in compensation. What's done is done.

Currently my foremost desire is to witness RESPONSIBLE, caring, concerned Americans taking meaningful ACTION to protect and prevent American newborns, infants, toddlers, children and teens from becoming victims of OUR NATION'S generational cycle of Childhood Abuse, Neglect and Maltreatment, aka Poverty.

It is time to end "America's War on Poverty," correctly renaming our Nation's expanding social disorder and # ONE HEALTH CRISIS/DISEASE known as CHILDHOOD TRAUMA, to

*"America’s Firm Resolve to End Childhood Abuse and Neglect”*

Much like Tupac I'm sorry to pick on moms, though since ancient times they are the primary caregivers we look to keep us safe, cared for and loved right from our start.

AFRECAN AMERICAN FLAG_TUPAC_02_.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children's)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Tagged: #JamylaBolden, #TyshawnLee, #KingstonFrazier, #AvaCastillo, #JulieDombo, #FredrikaAllen, #EthanAli, #LavontayWhite, #NovaMarieGallman, #AyannaAllen, #TrinityGay, #T_H_U_G_L_I_F_E >>>REMEDY>>> #A_F_R_E_C_A_N

*"America’s Firm Resolve to End Childhood Abuse and Neglect”*

How about everyone who's still upset about slavery can get a one-way ticket, to the foreign destination of his or her choice, upon a promise never to return?

Say someone isn’t “upset” necessarily about slavery....rather- they acknowledge the sins that were committed in the name of nation/America-building, do not try and justify it and make strides to understand it in its historical context- but acknowledge it nonetheless and remain cognizant of how they have benefitted in America (indirectly) from the injustices meted out to people centuries before them which helped build the foundations which put meals on their tables and clothing on the backs of them and their families.....

You know what quotation marks and parentheses are, but do you know what commas and periods are?

Yeah, that was painful obvious, but it made it annoyingly difficult to extract your point. Did you have one?

Then don't get pissed when no one reads your posts, or gets confused about what you said. Only libtards write that way.

I wasn’t “pissed” at all. What gives you that impression?

You really aren’t the brightest.

OK, dumbass, let me explain since you seem to be functionally illiterate. "Then don't get.." indicates a future event. I never said you were pissed. Now, if you don't understand that, I strongly suggest remedial language arts.

Forum List

Back