Congratulations to Europe.

My bad.... *slaps hand*. I'm not good with numbers. :lol::lol::lol:

But.... it is VE day and the Brits have a lot to be proud of in WWII. They kicked some major ass.

They got their asses handed to them in practically every front they fought.

Their valor, their finest hour, if you will, was in standing their ground until the Soviet Union and USA came to their (and much of the rest of Europe's) rescue from the fascists.

There was this little thing called the Battle of Britain...well before you guys got involved...you might want to read up on it...

and you claim womanhood:lol::lol::lol:

She's not very bright. Nor is she much of a woman.

But.... high five to the Brits for their valor in WWII. Your troops rocked in that one. And they continue to rock today.

Yes, the lads weren't and aren't too shabby are they?:cool:

I've been doing some reading up on WWI and WWII.... seriously, the courage of Britain is not something to be dismissed. Your troops - and, to be honest, your civvie population were just remarkable.

Never been, you like it there?

Speaking of people not having passports.....bet you've never been past the Yorkshire Moors ya slack Georgie Bastard...

I give Hughton 15 games in the EPL then he'll be sacked...

Georgie? fucking Georgie:eek: it's Geordie Bastard, you stuck at home Shiela minding the sheep.As for the rest of your post, I agree.:lol:

Are you near Newcastle? I LOVE Newcastle!!

My bad.... *slaps hand*. I'm not good with numbers. :lol::lol::lol:

But.... it is VE day and the Brits have a lot to be proud of in WWII. They kicked some major ass.

Their valor, their finest hour, if you will, was in standing their ground until the Soviet Union and USA came to their (and much of the rest of Europe's) rescue from the fascists.

There was this little thing called the Battle of Britain...well before you guys got involved...you might want to read up on it...

Yes, stopped the Germans in their tracks that one, they had to rethink their tactics a tad, which included trying to stop us invading them again:lol:

Yes, stopped the Germans in their tracks that one, they had to rethink their tactics a tad, which included trying to stop us invading them again:lol:

I have read of it.

I think we have a very warped view of WWII - mainly because we didn't have bombs being dropped on our cities and towns every day like you did. We overlook the hardships that the Brits went through because we don't really know much about it. Sad.

Speaking of people not having passports.....bet you've never been past the Yorkshire Moors ya slack Georgie Bastard...

I give Hughton 15 games in the EPL then he'll be sacked...

Georgie? fucking Georgie:eek: it's Geordie Bastard, you stuck at home Shiela minding the sheep.As for the rest of your post, I agree.:lol:

20 minutes away by car and whats not to love about Newcastle, it's a fantastic city and the people of the NorthEast are among the best in the world:eusa_angel:says me.

I have read of it.

I think we have a very warped view of WWII - mainly because we didn't have bombs being dropped on our cities and towns every day like you did. We overlook the hardships that the Brits went through because we don't really know much about it. Sad.

Do you think the majority of Americans are really that ignorant of the facts or just being deliberately obtuse in a friendly rabble rousing kind of way?

20 minutes away by car and whats not to love about Newcastle, it's a fantastic city and the people of the NorthEast are among the best in the world:eusa_angel:says me.

As a foreigner, I would lean towards agreeing with you. Northeasterners are very friendly.... nice accent!! And the guys are actually pretty polite I found. It is a kickin' city. I was only there for 3 days but I really liked it.

We have relatives from Durham. They've been living in NZ for about 35 years now. Dave went home about 20 years ago for about six weeks. When he came back, my dad told him he couldn't go back again because we couldn't understand him again.

And speaking of Yank ignorance...there is a very good friend of mine from NY who posts on this board. About five years ago we were on another board talking about WWII. I asked her what years she thought WWII were,. She said 1941 to 45...bout sums up the knowledge in general...:lol:

I have read of it.

Do you think the majority of Americans are really that ignorant of the facts or just being deliberately obtuse in a friendly rabble rousing kind of way?

I think, to be honest, we gloss over what Britain went through. We focus very much on how the US showed up and saved your asses. We forget how long and how hard your country fought before we pitched in with you. I feel somewhat embarrassed that the US stood back and watched while you guys got slaughtered. I wish we had come in sooner and harder. I had no idea before I came here just how much Britain went through during the early part of the war. Shame on us, I think, to a large degree - that we don't teach it better.

I know some older people here who lived through it. And their stories are very moving. Also I went to the Channel Islands - the only part of the Britain (or is it part of the UK but not Britain, I always forget the difference!!) Anyway, the only place to be invaded by the Germans. They're a brave little bunch of islands too! The ordinary people on the islands waged their own little war with the invaders.

I have read of it.

I think, to be honest, we gloss over what Britain went through. We focus very much on how the US showed up and saved your asses. We forget how long and how hard your country fought before we pitched in with you. I feel somewhat embarrassed that the US stood back and watched while you guys got slaughtered. I wish we had come in sooner and harder. I had no idea before I came here just how much Britain went through during the early part of the war. Shame on us, I think, to a large degree - that we don't teach it better.

Even though you're right, we had fresh troops. Otherwise, it could be far harder to beat Germans in France and thus liberate French people ... Don't tell me that inactive allied troops would stop Germans from conquering France.

Last edited:

Even though you're right, we had fresh troops. Otherwise, it could be far harder to beat Germans in France and thus liberate French people ... Don't tell me that inactive allied troops would stop Germans from conquering France.

The very, very least you could do is watch 'The Longest Day'.

I missed that :eek: ... I'm not even 30 !

I missed that :eek: ... I'm not even 30 !

Probably not for you then, it was made in black and white.

Russian Celebrates May 9th. It is still a big deal there. I wish it were a big deal here too. I wonder why it is not

Reason for May 9th is that the Russians insisted that the get a second surrender, as the first surrender was where the high command had run off to.

Anyway, the death of that form of fascism is worth celebrating. Now for all the other forms to die as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgkLE1MBnA&feature=related"]May 9 celebration 2008[/ame]

Forum List

Back