The New UK Government's first decision...

Now google democrats cut their own pay and republicans cut their own pay and see what happens

To cut their own pay by 5%.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Good for them. Set an example.

Kudos to them, but they're preparing the ground for what are going to be some painful tax burdens. At least they are showing that they are prepared to share that burden. Something the likes of Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and the rest of the Labour nest featherers would never dream of doing. They are also freezing the pay of MPs, so no more pay increases for now.

Now google democrats cut their own pay and republicans cut their own pay and see what happens

Hate to break it to you but neither party cuts its pay. The Democrats while in power in the late 80's and early 90's passed legislation that REQUIRES the President to recommend pay increases based on inflation and other factors for Congress. Further said request is required to be drafted into a pay raise bill and the the only way to stop the pay raises is for both houses of Congress to vote no.

Pretty damn convenient ehh?

• Banned
To cut their own pay by 5%.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Good for them. Set an example.

Kudos to them, but they're preparing the ground for what are going to be some painful tax burdens. At least they are showing that they are prepared to share that burden. Something the likes of Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and the rest of the Labour nest featherers would never dream of doing. They are also freezing the pay of MPs, so no more pay increases for now.

Like 20% VAT. OUCH! That's gonna hurt!!! But.... it is the fairest way to share the burden... everyone pays.

So far, so good for the Dave and Nick show.

• Banned
The english had a cool pensions law that Gordon Brown raped. would be nice if that were changed back.

Like most countries, the UK is collapsing under the burden of public sector pensions. When those pensions were brought in - back in the 70s (?) - the life expectancy was lower... Now, this country just cannot afford the burden of those.

It's early days for this new partnership but I have to say I respect both very much for the determination to stick with it - they've already announced the date for the next election. I think that is unheard of here. No doubt Colin or one of the Brits will set me right if I misspeak on that.

This parliament is going to be a very, very hard one. They are going to have to make some hugely unpopular decisions - I wonder if the Brits will punish them in years to come. I don't know but I do admire the courage of both the left (LibDems) and the right (Conservatives) to have the guts to come together and fight together in the best interests of their country.

The english had a cool pensions law that Gordon Brown raped. would be nice if that were changed back.

That was one of the first things that bastard Gordon Brown did when New Labour gained power in 1997. At a stroke, private pension plans were reduced in value and Brown was single-handedly responsible for the demise of the final salary pension. They protected their own pensions though, as any good nest featherer would, by increasing contributions made by the taxpayer.

It's a good start - but they really need to do 20%.

Like most countries, the UK is collapsing under the burden of public sector pensions. When those pensions were brought in - back in the 70s (?) - the life expectancy was lower... Now, this country just cannot afford the burden of those.

It's early days for this new partnership but I have to say I respect both very much for the determination to stick with it - they've already announced the date for the next election. I think that is unheard of here. No doubt Colin or one of the Brits will set me right if I misspeak on that.

This parliament is going to be a very, very hard one. They are going to have to make some hugely unpopular decisions - I wonder if the Brits will punish them in years to come. I don't know but I do admire the courage of both the left (LibDems) and the right (Conservatives) to have the guts to come together and fight together in the best interests of their country.

There will be a reaction alright and it will come fairly soon. It will be from the public sector workers who feel they have a God given right not to take pay cuts or redundancies or short time working. While the private sector sees workers losing their jobs, or taking pay cuts to keep the companies going, the public sector demands pay increases, rejects lay offs and expects the rest of us to continue contributing to their over-inflated pensions regardless of the economic situation. Stand by for a summer of strikes and protests from these parasites.

It's a good start - but they really need to do 20%.

Yea, they really do. Sure it will hurt but the deficit has got to be paid off and paid off as quickly as possible. Although, a VAT increase will probably hurt the economy slightly, most of the economists here agree that it is the best way forward.

There will be a reaction alright and it will come fairly soon. It will be from the public sector workers who feel they have a God given right not to take pay cuts or redundancies or short time working. While the private sector sees workers losing their jobs, or taking pay cuts to keep the companies going, the public sector demands pay increases, rejects lay offs and expects the rest of us to continue contributing to their over-inflated pensions regardless of the economic situation. Stand by for a summer of strikes and protests from these parasites.

Having done some work with public sector orgs here, I have to say I am horrified by their 'entitlement' attitude. Your garbage collectors earn something like £50k a year from what I understand!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: Holy Shit!!! £50k for picking up garbage? WTF?????

Having done some work with public sector orgs here, I have to say I am horrified by their 'entitlement' attitude. Your garbage collectors earn something like £50k a year from what I understand!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: Holy Shit!!! £50k for picking up garbage? WTF?????

I'm not aware of bin men earning that much. Pay scales will vary slightly from council to council, but salaries for full-time refuse loaders are likely to be between £11,000 and £17,000; for refuse drivers £15,000 to £20,000 and for supervisors £17,000 to £25,000.

However, It isn't what they earn in the public sector that concerns me. It's the fact that when everyone else is taking a hit for the good of business and the economy, these people demand exemption and are only interested in seeing their wages increase by above inflation amounts year on year.

The new administration seems to accept the fact that the public sector is over-bloated and no doubt the axe will swing and the strikes will start. Fuck these people!

I'm not aware of bin men earning that much. Pay scales will vary slightly from council to council, but salaries for full-time refuse loaders are likely to be between £11,000 and £17,000; for refuse drivers £15,000 to £20,000 and for supervisors £17,000 to £25,000.

However, It isn't what they earn in the public sector that concerns me. It's the fact that when everyone else is taking a hit for the good of business and the economy, these people demand exemption and are only interested in seeing their wages increase by above inflation amounts year on year.

The new administration seems to accept the fact that the public sector is over-bloated and no doubt the axe will swing and the strikes will start. Fuck these people!

Bin Man Average Salary

In 2008, the average salary for this job was £50000. The 2009 figure, as recorded above, is £30000.

Even if it's £30k, it seems an overly high salary for that job.

I'm wondering about the Regional Development Agencies. The Tories have said they would scrap them.... I can't find anything now about that but I guess I'll have to wait til they release their full agenda.

Bin Man Average Salary

In 2008, the average salary for this job was £50000. The 2009 figure, as recorded above, is £30000.

I'm wondering about the Regional Development Agencies. The Tories have said they would scrap them.... I can't find anything now about that but I guess I'll have to wait til they release their full agenda.

So that's where all my fucking council tax goes. Fuck me! And they complain about not getting big enough pay increases! I'm going to put something very unpleasant in my bins this week!

Bin Man Average Salary

So that's where all my fucking council tax goes. Fuck me! And they complain about not getting big enough pay increases! I'm going to put something very unpleasant in my bins this week!

Since I also pay these 'council taxes'.... I am a tad pissy about it too! Damn, that's a LOT for that job!!

Bin Man Average Salary

Since I also pay these 'council taxes'.... I am a tad pissy about it too! Damn, that's a LOT for that job!!

Average pay for a British Army squaddy is around £20,000. On entry it is only £13, 000.
And a fucking bin man earns £30,000. WTF!

Knowing this, makes me more than a tad pissy, Cali!

Average pay for a British Army squaddy is around £20,000. On entry it is only £13, 000.
And a fucking bin man earns £30,000. WTF!

Knowing this, makes me more than a tad pissy, Cali!

I know. Me too. So much for putting your service personnel first..... It's an insult. Seriously, they earn more than Soldiers and Police Officers. W T F?

Forum List

Back