Congratulations to Europe.

bitches.jpg

Where you at California?

Wiltshire.

Never been, you like it there?

Nope, it's a dump, just like the rest of your god-forsaken hole of a country. :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, yea. Very much. Not so long ago, I was driving with a police officer guy to a meeting. He asked me why I live here. I pulled the car over and told him to get out. He thought I was gonna hit him! :lol: We crossed the road and stood looking over these green fields to this little village in the distance. "That's why". It's a beautiful area. I like it here a lot. I can walk down the river to my local pub, where the landlord knows my name and smiles when I walk it. I can walk to the store and generally it's a cool place.

I'll miss it when I go home. But home I will go. Because that is my country. This is not. I love mine, I am fond of yours. However, I will slam the Brits with glee whenever I feel inclined. :lol::lol::lol:

We are part of the EU, as a result of a government con, but we are NOT Europeans! And Roomy and I are Englishmen!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Yay! Finally, I meet some English people who are offended that their government did not ask its people whether they wanted this damned Union.

They stopped short of adopting the Euro because there would have been a fucking revolution.:evil:

You guys must be seriously relieved that you're not in the EuroZone now, huh? :lol::lol: Would the English revolt? I generally find them to be very ambivalent to stuff they don't like. They seem very accepting of whatever shit the government hands them. I think that's sad.

My bad.... *slaps hand*. I'm not good with numbers. :lol::lol::lol:

But.... it is VE day and the Brits have a lot to be proud of in WWII. They kicked some major ass.

They got their asses handed to them in practically every front they fought.

Their valor, their finest hour, if you will, was in standing their ground until the Soviet Union and USA came to their (and much of the rest of Europe's) rescue from the fascists.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Yay! Finally, I meet some English people who are offended that their government did not ask its people whether they wanted this damned Union.

They stopped short of adopting the Euro because there would have been a fucking revolution.:evil:

You guys must be seriously relieved that you're not in the EuroZone now, huh? :lol::lol: Would the English revolt? I generally find them to be very ambivalent to stuff they don't like. They seem very accepting of whatever shit the government hands them. I think that's sad.

Well we wouldn't actually start killing each other over it but yes I think it would have brought the government down.

But.... it is VE day and the Brits have a lot to be proud of in WWII. They kicked some major ass.

Their valor, their finest hour, if you will, was in standing their ground until the Soviet Union and USA came to their (and much of the rest of Europe's) rescue from the fascists.

That's what I mean. Britain is this little island.... you could stick it in California and we'd drive right past it.... wouldn't even know it was there - it's a little island and they stood their ground and fought. They're a brave bunch, the Brits.

Well we wouldn't actually start killing each other over it but yes I think it would have brought the government down.

That's right. You're not American!

No, that's the French.

If you go to the Louvre in Paris, there is a large room which I believe is called the "Hall of Victories" or something like that, glorifying all of France's military victories. The last painting is from 1812.

Back to the subject of this thread...the 65th Anniversary of VE Day.

We must never forget them...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePVbTK7WvVw]YouTube - VE Day - The Road to Germany - D-day[/ame]

Been watching too many Hollywood movies old chap. The Battle of Britain where the superior German Luftwaffe was defeated in the only battle fought solely in the air, even to this day. El Alemein also comes to mind. A victory that led to the retreat of the Afrika Korps and the German surrender in North Africa in May 1943. And in its own way, the evacuation of the British expeditionary force from the beaches of Dunkirk was a victory for the courage and fortitude of civilians and military alike.

We remember those heroes, even if you wish to brush them away with flippancy.

Been watching too many Hollywood movies old chap. The Battle of Britain where the superior German Luftwaffe was defeated in the only battle fought solely in the air, even to this day. El Alemein also comes to mind. A victory that led to the retreat of the Afrika Korps and the German surrender in North Africa in May 1943. And in its own way, the evacuation of the British expeditionary force from the beaches of Dunkirk was a victory for the courage and fortitude of civilians and military alike.

Oh! I watched the movie recently. It was very cool.

Also, I went to the British Museum a while ago to see a film from WWI - it was original footage actually shot during the battle.... in the trenches.... It was a famous battle but I can't remember what one it was. All I know is that I cried when I came out.... and I was not alone. Gutwrenching stuff.

But, your little island stood alone and fought its corner and then some for months before we decided to tag along and help you out. Better late than never.

Also, I went to the British Museum a while ago to see a film from WWI - it was original footage actually shot during the battle.... in the trenches.... It was a famous battle but I can't remember what one it was. All I know is that I cried when I came out.... and I was not alone. Gutwrenching stuff.

But, your little island stood alone and fought its corner and then some for months before we decided to tag along and help you out. Better late than never.
You're welcome. Oh, whoops, you aren't a Brit.

It is not an insult to America to recognize the valor of the British.... after all, they did stand all by themselves for quite some time before we showed up. It may be true that WWII may have ended very differently had we not come in but they fought all by themselves for a long time. It's now always all about us, Ravi.

It is not an insult to America to recognize the valor of the British.... after all, they did stand all by themselves for quite some time before we showed up. It may be true that WWII may have ended very differently had we not come in but they fought all by themselves for a long time. It's now always all about us, Ravi.

so, is germany part of europe now, and are the british isles part of europe, or not. i am confused.

congratulations to europe: no uk, but includes germany.

i think i caught a nazi

Not good with numbers? And yet you claim to write for the Financial Times.

:eusa_whistle: :cuckoo:

and you claim womanhood:lol::lol::lol:

She's not very bright. Nor is she much of a woman.

But.... high five to the Brits for their valor in WWII. Your troops rocked in that one. And they continue to rock today.

Forum List

Back